Layla Marie Sturm

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2008, 09:12 AM
AshleyMommy2Be's Avatar Regular
So its started out like every other day... feeling miserable and wishing my baby would come out... this was on thursday and i was randomly having contractions but nothing major. Well about 9pm i started getting horrible contractions (at the time i thought these were horrible till later i wished i could have these back) by 930 my contractions went from 5 minutes apart to 3 minutes apart. so i know they say go to the hospital after 5-1-1 but i was in denial and just assumed they would go away... so by 1230 my mom was like "Your going to the hospital" i was watching my bro that night so i decided to stay at my moms (good thing) so we go to the hospital and they hook me up and im still having contractions 3 mins apart and so they check me and im still 2 cm dilated (of course) so they tell me to go walk around to see if i will continue to dilate for an hour... well i walked my fat butt all around that hospital up and down stairs in hopes to dilate... no such luck she said that there was a little difference so they could either check me in or i could go home and come back when i got further in labor. of course i wanted to go home. iwasnt gonna sit in the hospital for hours and hours. so i went home and had one of the most miserable nights ever definately couldnt sleep. so the contractions continued all day long, then at about 230 pm they went from 3 minutes apart to 10... this pissed me off so i went on my walks around my house at about 4 i hit hardcore and began having the worst contractions of my life lol ... i was bawling through each of them and they were constant. there was no counting these babys. so me and my slowww mom (seriously no matter how much we prepared she was always 10 mins behind me!) got in the car and went back to the hospital. this time they hooked me up checked me and i was 4cm they checked me right in! at this point im like thank god, hopefully ill have this baby soon... yeahhhhh riggghhhht. So now im in my room and having these horrible contractions and trying to bounce on my med ball and so on ... im sitting here in pain and my nurse proceeds to explain why she hasnt been in the room the whole time and goes into this sad story about her husband and all this other stuff... of course im looking at her and wanting to be like "GET THE OUT IM IN PAIN AND DONT WANNA HEAR IT" but i didnt have to cuz soon after a new AMAZING nurse came in!!! yay!! so after trying everything in the world to help get through my contractions my new amazing nurse is like... just so you know, you can get your epidural anytime you want...just let me know that would've been nice to know the moment i walked in, stupid 1st nurse! so they ordered it and surprisingly, it came in less than 5 minutes they hooked me up and i swear i had never felt so good in my life!! haha that however didnt last very long... they told me it would take about 10 minutes for me to feel it, but i felt in the moment he hooked me up... so im sitting there and all of a sudden i feel like i look weird and something is wrong with my face. so they call the anesthesiologist and hes like "can you feel your arms" and im like hmm sorta? hes like okay well ive personally never seen this happen but i looked it up and less than 4% of people have this reaction to the epidural. (yay i get to be the test animal that he's never had to deal with ) it had some interesting name but i was pretty messed up at this time and i couldve sworn he said kronens disease... which im told he definately didnt say cuz thats something completely different haha. i guess its where instead of stoping at the top of your stomach, it goes all the way up and so my eye was swollen and i was pretty cracked out. lol i was seriously sitting there with a bunk eye and shaking/twitching uncontrolable....i literally looked like a crack head who didnt get her fix... lol i felt fine but everyone was making fun of me. so they turn down my meds and of course thats when the dang pushing contractions started that your not supppost to push at... yeahhh not impressed, so i have a few of those and im like uhhh i can feel these way to much to be medicated... the nurse is like well we dont want to up the epidural when your this close the the birth because you might not be able to push if it gets to high... so here i am having the contractions again that are making me cry... and no im not a baby... it takes alot for me to cry and freak out. so the anesthesiologist comes back in and hes looks at me and is like uhhh we should probably turn that up a few notches... she shouldnt be in that much pain on the contractions. so finally i get it upped lol but it didnt really help because the moment they turned it up they were like okay we are gonna give you pitocin now to speed things up.... i didnt throw up but i sure thought i was going to ... finally after telling them that i couldnt NOT PUSH they said i could and an hour later at 8:44 pm Friday night, my beautiful baby girl was born at 8 lbs 1 oz 21 inches long it was seriously horribly painful (even with the epidural) props to you girls that do it naturally, but i would never recomend it hahaha

September 4th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Veteran
Congratulations!!!!
Great story!!!
September 4th, 2008, 11:43 AM
laurag146's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience, you got such a beautiful little girl out of it though!!!

Thank you ~*Helen*~ for my BEAUTIFUL siggie!!!!

September 4th, 2008, 06:19 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your little girl!! Sorry you had such a bad experience with the epidural and feeling the birth!

September 5th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I'm sorry you had such a hard time Labor really sucks but the end result is amazing

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search