Kaitlyn Bethany and David Maximus

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Veteran
Sorry it has taken me so long to get on here and get my story. As you can all imagine its been a nuts week especially with DH out of town agian.

As most of you know on July 21 I was admitted to the hospital for hospital bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy due to an incompetant cerevix. It actually came up fast as I had a trans vag 5 days before and it was fine. They were going to wait a few days to see if they could do a cerclage and the decided not to. He thought it was too risky and there wasnt enough to work with and that I may lose the babies If we did.

August 23 I was having contractions though I still have a hard time distinguishing between BH nad the babies on the move around the belly world. This nurse who was booksmart and new kept poking my belly saying see it soft around the edges so its not a contraction....I was like aaaalrighty fine. Well first thing in the morning sure as can be my water broke on little Kaitlyn. I was so scared. I mean at first it was a little and it came up positive for amnionic fluid but when i got up to go potty the gates opened and i stood there in tears scared to death for my babies and the reality of what was happening. They kept me on rest and started high grade antibiotics. They hoped to keep me a few more weeks. Well Monday night was ok. Tuesday I had a friend visit and i kept feeling the contractions but they were weird..low not high like i was used to and they were like a ball in the front instead of all over. I asked my nurse nad they put me on the monitor....but nothing came up. She came in later and i was in tears...I told her that if this wasnt a cont. than they need to figure out what it is because something is wrong. They still didnt believe it was cont and said the babies are probably squashing on eachother. I tried to nap then when the next nurse came on I was having them agian. She tried to get it on the monitor and again nothing. I was frusterated but she said oohhh dont worry because she could feel it. Finally somone believed me. After monitoring for a while she got a resident and they gave me Terbutaline. OK so that lasted 20 minutes. Then i took ambien and passed out. DH went home and i slept till about 4 am. This is the first time I had called my nurse with the red button. OMG i was in pain. Yep started again. Called the resident. He didnt want to do an exam because of the rupture to the bag so he gave more tylanol and more Terb...and nothing. Didnt touch me....so he decided to check me...sure as ######....3 cm dialated and fully effaced. He said it was time to call the Dr and DH.

Unfortunalty traffic in Northern VA was at its worst at 6 am. It took DH 2 hours to go a 30 mile trip. So he was unable to be there in time. God bless the staff of that hospital though.. There was a nurse from the NIC team that was getting off work that decided to stay with me. She held my hand and held me through the contractions....epidural and all. Another nurse went flying though the hospital asking every white person if they were related to us. Thank god DH called his parents when he did....even though i said I didnt want anyone there because the nurse found my MIL outside on the phone.

They got her in there just in time for delivery. OMG and when they started pulling these teeny tiny things from me....I was too scared to look. They were so tiny. Kaitlyn was first at 8:09 am at 2.03 lbs followed by Max at 8:11am at 2.05 lbs. Max had a little harder time getting breathing But they got them both going. I remember kissing her hand and I dont remember if i was able to kiss him or not. I just wanted them to get to the NICU. Then they drugged me to a fairthewell and thats all she wrote.

Both babies are doing great and as expected for babies born at 27.6 weeks. They like to forget to breath alot but that is getting better. I just want them to grow grow grow so i can take them home.

September 5th, 2008, 10:17 PM
PaytsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Beth!! What a story!! I'm so glad that the nurse could feel your contraction. How horrible to be feeling them and no one believing you.

I'm glad to hear both babies are doing well. Grow Grow Grow so you both can go home with Mommy & Daddy soon!!

September 6th, 2008, 07:47 AM
iheartaddi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you for your story Beth! It sounds like such a roller coaster but I'm glad your twins are doing well and growing fast. Fingers crossed that they get to come home soon!!!

September 6th, 2008, 03:06 PM
petalstarlace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's amazing!
Thank you for sharing with us
Grow babies!

September 6th, 2008, 03:06 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
Oh Beth! I'm so sorry DH wasn't able to be there with you, but I'm so glad they are doing okay! can't wait to hear that they are coming home!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

September 8th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on two perfect little ones! We will continue to pray for you, the babies, and your husband as you watch your babies grow and make this amazing transition in your life. Thank's for sharing your birth story....I'm so glad to hear they are here safe!

September 9th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Mom4Life_11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!

September 12th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SweetiePeas&Me
Congratulations on your babies! KUP!
September 15th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Super Mommy
How wonderful that babies and you are doing well. How scary some of those moments must have been. My T & P are with you and the babes!

Brennan - 10,
Isabella - 4,
Sophia -3
Cannon Bayne born 11-04-08

<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Prejudices, it is well known, are most difficult to eradicate from the heart whose soil has never been loosened or fertilized by education; they grow there, firm as weeds among stones.
-Charlotte Bronte</span>
</div>
October 30th, 2008, 05:41 PM
LucyRuth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search