Blakes Birth Story (Hi I am new but not to JM's)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I am new to the play room but not to justmommies...infact I was a big member in the July DDC...but this little guy did not want to wait and was born on June 11, 2008 my name is Julie...here is Blake John's birth story....

I had a really hard pregnancy with Blake, I bled the entire time and was in the hospital most of the time. I wold go for 2 nights about twice a week for almost the entire 9 months, to this day they dont know what the bleeding was from...at one point I was in for almost a week because my kidneys shut down and i had fevers of 103.2.

I had been having contractions for about 3 weeks that were strong enough to feel and show up on the monitor but they were not pushing me past 1cm.

On June 10th I went for my normal check up at 37 weeks and she put me on for an NST...she did not like how he was not moving around much and sent me to maternam fedal medicine for a special ultrasound ( i cant remember what it was called) they told me that he was fine and there were no problems...as a mom I knew different and started crying hysterically....

I called my doctor from the bathroom and told her they say nothing is wrong but I know better, and she actually got a bit annoyed...any way to be on the safe side the doctors there decided to put me on their machine for another NST and thats when they realized that every time I had a contraction his heart rate would drop...

They decided to sent me to the hospital so they could watch me longer...they just kept saying he is probably sleeping....

I got there and got all kinds of hellos since all the nurses knew me by now...and i started crying explaining to them what was going on...they hooked me up right away...at this point the contractions stopped with some IV fluid but the heart rate kept going down...after 20 min the nurse came in and said the doctor does not like whats going on your staying we are going to try and induce you.

They moved me to a room and I called my husband....they gave me cervidel. I told them that wtih my first son the cervidel sent me into labor and my doctor just laughed and said "you must have been ready to pop then, that wont happen again"

all night I was having really bad cramps...but when I looked at the monitor there was nothing showing up...

The next morning they gave me my pitocin...I started to have contractions 5 min later but nothing was showing on the machine so they just kept saying its just cramps....an hour later my doctor came in to break my water but check me...I was at 3cm...she said "your not as far as I would like lets wait a few more hours" and she left...and I sent my husband for lunch....

I got on the phone and called my mom and as I was saying "she wont break my water" it broke on its on...from that moment on i was having contractions every 5 min.

I called the nurse and told her I had to go to the bathroom....i went twice but nothing would come out...but i felt like Ihad to make a BM...I called my husband cuz i knew something was going on and thank god he had JUST PULLED OUT...so he came back...

By the time he came back i was screaming ...the nurse came in (its only been an hour since i was 3cm) and said lets get your epi ready...thats when I said or more like screamed...

NO I HAVE TO PUSH....

she very camly said no thats just pressure let me check you....she then looked up at my husband and I and said

"HOLY CRAP" and then ran and told them to call my doctor that I was ready to push and the head was right there....

I started pushing and as his head was coming out my doctor walked in the room...

it only took me 2 hours and not by choice no drugs to get Blake to come....

Thank God my husband stopped to make a phone call and so did she or Iwould have had him alone...

Thanks for reading.
xoxo
September 6th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Lovemykiddos!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Lovemykiddos!
Wow thats a fast labor! What were his stats? height and weight!
September 6th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Wow thats a fast labor! What were his stats? height and weight![/b]

WHen he was born he was 5lbs 13oz....but when we brought him home he was only 5lbs 7oz...he was jaundice (sp?) and was on photo therapy at home for about a week!....he is our little guy hehe
September 26th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow! what an exciting story! Congrats on a healthy baby boy!

September 27th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
That's an incredible birth story! I'm glad you are both healthy and happy now! Congratulations on the baby boy. :-)

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search