Jude Michael Ortiz

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2008, 01:23 PM
jenortiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jenortiz
Everyone knows that Jude's difficulties and mine plagued my pregnancy from 18 weeks on so his imminent birth brought excitement and joy in expectation. We felt from the time we decided that we were not terminating and would have faith that Jude would beat the odds that something evil then had been trying to put it's grasp around me. It seems "something" tried everything possible to keep Jude from being here, but now he has made it and we adore him and consider ourselves blessed.

On labor day I checked into the hospital at 5pm to begin a treatment of cervix softner so induction would be quicker the next day. They inserted the first caplet and about an hour later I started having horrible contractions. They then hooked up the antibiotics for my heart, and they came to draw blood to check the platelet level. The good news was the platelets were at 120k and in a great range for an epidrual. Five hours later they contractions had stopped and they inserted another cervix softner and I went to sleep. About 5:30am they came in with a bag of steroids and more antibiotics. They then started a drip of pitocin, and I started having pretty regular contractions. They encouraged me to go ahead and get the epidural (in case of c section, in case the platelets dropped, etc). So we got the epidural, and they increased the pitocin. It seems the epidural only took on the right side though so I could feel everything on the left. The contractions weren't to bad though and were nothing I could not handle. Hours and hours passed and I would just not progress passed a 2. My doctor became discouraged, but I convinced her to at least let me get to a five prior to discussing a c section and she agreed. About 12 hours later I started feeling intense pain, and when they checked me I was indeed at a 5. The nurse had everyone leave the room, but my husband so I could have some quiet time. About twenty minutes later I was bawling because the pain was so bad, and I felt I could not breath. My husband ran for a nurse and told her I was in intense pain and needed some help. When the nurse got in there she checked me and told me I was complete. I had done it again........ I pulled what I did with Emily which was progress in about 20 minutes from 5-10 (Em was 4-10). The broke the room down quickly, and my husband grabbed my cousin the midwife. Mike was washing my face with a cold rag, while my cousin encouraged me to open my eyes and breath through the pain. My Dr rushed into the room and we began pushing. In just two pushes his head was out, but then I heard the doctor say "We are NOT having a shoulder distortion with this baby!!" She commanded the nurses to jump on me which they did, and I could see my husband panic a bit. The doctor was screaming PUSH PUSH YOU HAVE TO PUSH HARDER while the nurses were pushing as hard as they could on my stomach. Then luckily he POPPED out and the doctor said she was so relived. She checked his shoulder to make sure it didn't break and then we heard him cry.........we heard him CRY!!!!!!!!!! My cousin, myself, and Mike all cried too because he just did what they said he wouldn't!! He cried, moved, and took his first breath!! My cousin who is not very emotional walked down to the waiting room and collapsed crying telling everyone "He looks normal!!! His head is normal and he is crying!". Everyone else thanked God, cried, and were so happy. He weighed 7lbs 5 ounces, and was 20 1/2 inches long. He had a full head of beautiful black hair and looks exactly like my daughter did at birth. So far he seems like a healthy wonderful baby. His scans still show fluid on his head so we watch him carefully but we are treating him normal until HE proves otherwise. We have all collapsed and feel like we have ran a 300 mile marathon so it's taken awhile to post the birth story.

I forgot to mention that they had checked the CBC the night before the induction, but they didn't the day of. They checked them after the epidural so they didn't know they had fallen from 120k to 80k overnight. So therefore, they had to leave the epidural catheter in my back overnight and it was very painful. They gave me steroids every 8 hours, and they rose back to 116k. I go back next week to check them again.

Thanks for my Jm family for being here throughout this pregnancy!!

Dealing with a high risk pregnancy: [url="http://cjengo.blogspot.com"]http://cjengo.blogspot.com
September 6th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He's gorgeous!!!!!
September 6th, 2008, 04:54 PM
~Michele~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great and beautiful ending to your story.

September 6th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a perfect little angel! He's adorable. I'm so happy for you, mama!

I make personalized metal jewelry for mommies, & more: www.caoimhelily.etsy.com

September 6th, 2008, 09:17 PM
melshipp's Avatar Co-Host of Single Mommies
Send a message via Yahoo to melshipp
Im so happy for you! He is Beautiful!

Big Big Thanks to SugarPie Landen for my siggie!

September 7th, 2008, 07:17 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That brought tears to my eyes!! Congrats Jenn!!!

September 7th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im soo glad things are ok so far and he is adorable!
September 7th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MinDB
he's beautiful!
congrats!
September 7th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations Jenn. He is so beautiful!!

February, 2005
August, 2005
September 7th, 2008, 10:26 PM
minxiesse's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
After what you've gone through....HUGE CONGRATS!!!!

I love that photo

September 17th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I'm so happy for you! He is just beautiful!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search