all natural VBAC - Nathan Jospeh

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2008, 06:24 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it was a whirlwind day!

I woke up about 4:30am with what I thought were horrible crotch zingers, turns out they were contractions coming at regular intervals.

I started timing them, they were 5 mi apart, lasting about a a min.

I tried to eat some toast, that was a mistake, after 3 bites I started vomiting, I threw up every 30 min like clockwork.

I called the MW this am at7:15, my contrax were about 2:30 apart, lasting about 1 min.

she said come on in.

we got here about 8:15 this am, it was FULL! I labored in the waiting room for over an hour after I called a head.

Luckily I had my bucket with me, I was still vomiting every 30 min and I accidentally made another pregnant woman sick in the waiting area, she barfed in her purse, I felt so bad for her.

got to my LDR, major butt pressure! so they checked me, I was still 3-4 100% effaced 0 station. all I had to do was dilate. So while a bit disappointed still a little excited. The MW had ordered reglan for me, but the stupid nurse didn't give it to me, finally 1.5 hours later after vomiting and contracting almost simultaneoulsy I finally had to beg for the reglan, and she finally gave it to me.

I didn't have the same nurse twice all day, I think they were just too busy.

Since I have some extra fluff the external monitors worked for crap on me, so for the first 2 hours I was laying on my left side unable to move, because that would set the buzzer off.

it was horrible! I thought I was dying laying on that side. I could not relax between contrax, and the pain was awful!

My MW checked me about noon, I as 7-8 woo hoo! progress! they put in a scalp monitor, so I could at least sit up, and that was much much better.

I did end up getting an enema, mostly cuz I hadn't gone in a few days, but it didn't do much.

by 3pm I was feeling major contrax on on top of the next, and major urge to push!

She checked me, I was at 10! I pushed 3 times on my side, and 5 times on my back, not they way I had wanted it, but it worked.

In all I pushed for 15 minutes.

I felt him crowning, the MW and nurse were not ready, so I had to wait with this large round owwwy thing right there, while they got dressed and prepped for baby.

I waited a few seconds maybe 30, screaming for them to hurry up, my body started pushing all by itself. I felt the head come out, the cord was around his neck loosely, then the next push I felt his whole body wiggle out of me.

It was incredible!

I started pushing at 3:02 and he was born at 3:17.

He is an ittybitty compared to the 9 pounds they were predicting, at 7lbs and exactly 20 inches, and we named him Nathan Joesph.

I had an internal tear and it was pretty bad, the repair was shear hell, but she said I shouldn't feel anything now since it was on the inside.

Nathan was born with a hear Arrythmia, but yesterday the cardiologist couldn't hear anything.

I feel so exhilarated, I heard from the MW, that of the 18 babies born during the day shift, I was one of the few that didn't get any pain meds. I am so proud of myself.

Before I was d/c'ed today the MW came in to talk to me, and she said, the odd really were against me, with my high bp, weight, low fluid etc. But they were so happy that I was able to get what I wanted and were also proud that I did it all by myself!

At one point Donna the delivering MW thought I had stalled out, she encouraged me to try nipple stimulation which worked, she told me that the covering doctor would not have given me any pit and I would have ended in a c/s.

pictures http://civilwartalk.com/Gallery/p17_sectionid/26

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

September 6th, 2008, 09:42 PM
jenortiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jenortiz
congrats!!!!!!

Dealing with a high risk pregnancy: [url="http://cjengo.blogspot.com"]http://cjengo.blogspot.com
September 7th, 2008, 02:09 AM
carebear1's Avatar Rus&Rum mommy
Aww yayyy congrats, i'm sooo happy you got your VBAC. I really hope i get mine too

Born 09/12/08 at 38wks by C/S

September 7th, 2008, 07:13 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great story! I also am so happy you got your VBAC!! Congrats!!

September 7th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great birth story! Congrats on your all natural VBAC!!
September 7th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What a great story Ami!!! Im soo glad you got your VBAC!!!
September 7th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
WOW congrats! I am glad one of us got our vbac! I bet your so happy!

September 7th, 2008, 01:22 PM
MommyToTwo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommyToTwo Send a message via Yahoo to MommyToTwo
I was SO happy to see this title and hear that you got your vbac and all natural to boot! Congrats momma!

September 7th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
congrats on your little boy and on your VBAC!!!!
September 7th, 2008, 10:17 PM
minxiesse's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, you got your VBAC which is great! sounds like you did really well...sorry about the sickness though! Mustn't have been nice at all, especially every 30 mins!

Wow, Nathan was only 7lbs... Bet he's teeny! Aidan was 7lb 3.5 and seemed sooo small so I can't wait to see how big Noah will be!

Congrats hun! I love the photos!

September 8th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christy005
congrats! glad you got your VBAC. How wonderful

September 10th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Monababs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy things worked out good for you.

Monica, Mom to three wonderful children
September 10th, 2008, 08:27 PM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
Congratulations on getting the birth you wanted.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search