Madelynn Raine Carvallo })i({

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2008, 03:42 PM
MommyToTwo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommyToTwo Send a message via Yahoo to MommyToTwo
We were scheduled to go to the hospital at 6 am on thursday, the 4th, so we all got up at 5 am and got prepared to go. As soon as we got there, they set me up in my room, which I was thrilled to find was a single room, with a fridge, microwave, bathroom and shower! I got hooked up to my IV, got my catheter in, both of which were done so well that I didn't feel much. We just had to wait at that point. There were six other ladies in labor and another scheduled section after me so it was quite busy. We didn't get in to the OR until 10 am, a few hours late but no big deal... I got my spinal, which he had to numb the area twice and go in twice because of Maddie's position I was having a very hard time arching my back right for him. Overall that was no biggie either. A little bit of pain but mostly just pressure. As soon as they did the spinal they spun me around on to the table and it hit me. It feels SO weird at first, because from the boobs down things just get really tingly. They put up the curtain in front of me and started. Apparently my Dr. poked me with something sharp to test if it was working and all was well so I didn't even realize they were starting. There was no pain, just pressure and tugging. At one point they were pushing so hard on my upper belly, that I felt like I was being crushed! That was the rough part. Towards the end where they were putting everything back and sewing me up was a bit uncomfy but it went quick. Maddie took a bit to start crying which worried me but they said she had a lot of fluid they had to clear out so she was fine. I went to recovery and a few minutes in, August joined me and stayed right by my side the entire time. This time, I also had a nurse stay with me and check on me every few minutes. She was pushing on my belly to help the bleeding or something....I don't remember. She said once I could move my toes I could go back so right away I kept trying and trying. For a good while they would not budge which is nuts....I was staring at my feet telling my toes to move and they just would not move for anything.....crazy feeling. I got out of recovery and back to my room with the family and a bit later they brought Maddie in for me.

She weighed 7 lb 5.5 oz and is 20 inches long. Her apgar score was 8.9 which I'm thrilled with, considering everything they told me could be wrong with her. She has a full head of really dark hair and the most dainty, girly hands and feet I've ever seen. Her skin is beautiful...she's not all wrinkly and stuff like Augie was. (I think he was so wrinkly and dry because he was also a week late...) She's got the most awesome complexion! She has Augie's nose, but looks like she'll have darker skin tone than Augie does and we kind of hope her hair stays dark. She's got blue-gray eyes now which basically means they could still change to any color...we'll have to wait and see!

On Friday, my dad calls me from my house and he was having some issues so we had him go to the ER immediately....he ended up getting admitted as well. So dad was on the floor below me in the hospital. He got released today right after me so everything is ok, but it definitely threw us for a loop.

We stayed Saturday and Sunday with no problems...Friday I got up and got moving, got my shower and all that. It was so nice getting unhooked from all the tubes and stuff.

There was such a baby boom in the hospital, there were 23 babies there! They were starting to have to put two mom's to a room on one side. I'm SO glad there was only one bed in my room. Anyway, another good experience. All my nurses and Dr.'s were wonderful, I'm not in a huge amount of pain, and I'm home with my two beautiful children. Things couldn't really be any better!

Here are the pictures!

The last belly pic-the night before Maddie came:

On the operating table:

Maddie coming out:

Right out of recovery, holding Maddie for the first time

My kids

Augie and Maddie

DH and my dad and Maddie:

My mother and my daughter:

September 7th, 2008, 05:38 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats she is beautiful!! Thanks for sharing your story!

September 7th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She is gorgeous!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!
September 7th, 2008, 10:23 PM
minxiesse's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Fantastic! Sounds like everything went as planned.

Maddie looks HUGE on that first photo but she's only teeny at 7lb 5.5, wow, how deceiving! She's beautiful!

I have to say, your Dad looks like Santa!

September 17th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
She is so adorable!! Congrats!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search