Harry David III

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not only was my first birth experience horrible with an ob/gyn, but I was pretty traumatized by it and needless to stay ready to do anything but repeat the same this time around, so I went in search of a midwife, and was completely happy when I found one. After a bit of a rough end to my pregnancy, baby boy is finally here, and I have no regrets.

I went in for my 39 week appointment Monday, Sept 8th, feeling a bit "off". I just felt like something was not right. I told my midwife about my concerns, and after measuring 37 weeks for the 3rd week in a row and baby's heartrate not being very "reactive", she told me to go right to the hospital for a sonogram and NST. All the tests turned out fine as far as baby's well-being, and they were ready to send me home when the nurse grabbed me and told me I had to stay until the backup doc or midwife released me due to the fluid looking too thick on the ultrasound. Crap. My first thought was they were gonna do an amniocentesis to see what was in the fluid. It was either 1) more vernix then normal, 2) blood, or 3) meconium. The not knowing was worrisome. Midwife comes in to my hospital room, says there's no reason to do a bunch more tests, and since I was already dilated and having contractions on my own, she was going to do the safe thing and induce me. I WAS GONNA HAVE A BABY! So I had to be back at the hospital by 3:30 to start the induction.

3pm rolls around and we are RUNNING out the door with all our stuff, drop Kalli at our friends' house, and go through McDonalds cuz I hadn't eaten ALL day and then get to the hospital right after 4. Nobody ever claimed I was punctual LOL. Got up to my room about 4:30, undressed, got an IV, and she started the pitocin a little closer to 5pm. Contractions were already coming every 2 minutes but barely noticable when I got there, and I was now 3 cms already, and they were starting the pit. I was nervous. Never had pitocin before and heard some pretty nightmare-ish stories. She started with the absolute lowest dose, and they were going to increase it every 20 minutes until my contractions were in a good pattern. At about 7 or so, my midwife went to take a nap and I told Harry to take a nap as well so they would be ready when I was going to need them. So I went through the contractions and about 8:30-9ish I was starting to feel them... Nothing too major... 9:30 the nurse checked me and I was "a good 5 cms". Everyone else was still dosing at that point, so I decided to get up outta the bed and let gravity do it's thing. Got in the rocking chair, but decided it wasn't doing anything, so I got on the exercise ball and I had an easy time just rocking my hips back and forth through contractions... I wish I had a video of me in labor. I am sure I could laugh at it. About 10ish Harry got up... I thought I broke my water as I had a nice contraction and then started feeling something leaking out... weird. They said it was probably a high leak, cuz I didn't gush. About 10:30 the nurse checked me. Gravity had done it's thing! I was a good 8 cms and still dealing with labor really well. Standing and on the ball were my methods of choice. Then Rosie, my midwife came in to check me out in labor. Said I was doing excellent. Went thru some more contractions, and she checked me around 11.. I was 8-9 cms, stretchy, and fully effaced at a +1 station. I was starting to get a little pressure, from the buldging bag of waters... I was wondering at that point if we should go ahead and break them or not, and we agreed it would help speed things along a bit. So she broke my water and it was clear! Went through a few more contractions, she checked again right after 12 and I only had a 1/2 moon left on the one side. I had tons of pressure and felt it was almost time to start pushing, so she said I could try to push and see what it felt like. I did and knew I needed to stop... it just didn't feel right. I needed to rest my legs too, so I got in bed and laid down... Wound up wiggling my feet from side to side & my hips thru some contractions... that was weird! Then I turned on my right side to try and get that cervical lip to go away, and boy did that work. Two contractions later I was pushing and it felt awesome!!! I was wondering if I was supposed to be pushing, but I heard Rosie tell the nurse "If nature's telling her to push like that, then I am sure she is fine pushing!" She checked, the cervical lip was gone, and he was READY to come down the birthing canal. I was worried about the narrow pelvic arch, but our waiting to break the water & waiting to push helped that, and he came through JUST FINE. 14 minutes of pushing, and he was OUT. I pushed almost exclusively on my right side until I knew my legs had to come open to let that baby come out. His head came out, his cord was wrapped loosely, so she unwrapped that, and the next push out came the rest of my little blue man!! She said he wasn't very blue, but he looked blue as hell to me! But he started crying, and he was perfect. They gave him right to me, and I held him and loved him up like crazy, delivered the placenta, and handed him to Daddy to love him up and get his weight/length. I had a small tear on the outside only due to the prior idiot doctor cutting an episiotomy, so I had a few stitches and some swelling, but nothing too major at all.

The nurse told the lady that was looking over the baby that she had never seen someone go through labor with no pain meds, and be laughing and smiling at 9 cms.

I am so proud of myself, so proud of Daddy, and very proud of our little man. Kallista loves him to death and tells everyone "THIS IS MY BABY BROTHER!".. It's cute. He is a champ when it comes to nursing and sleeping. One thing I have a hard time dealing with is the circ, mainly because I think it HAS to hurt!!! Taking the bandage off after we got home today was THE WORST. But, it's over, we're home and I have a healthy happy baby!

I got an amazing birth experience. The contractions with the induction were nothing like natural labor. For me, my natural labor was intense ALL the time. With the induction, the contractions came fast, but were not that intense, and left just as fast as they came, leaving me plenty of time to relax in between. It was like nothing I had ever felt before. It was exhilirating!!!!!!

7 lbs, 6 oz, 20.25 inches born at 1:29am 9/9/08.

Now for pics:

39 week belly picture:

Belly 1 day after delivery:

First time I held him:

Proud papa:

On the scale:

Kalli meeting baby brother David:

Daddy & babies:

Thanks for checkin us out!

Krystle, mom to:
Kallista Annabelle, 8/8/05
Harry David III, 9/9/08
& wife to Harry since 6/10/05

</div>
September 12th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
awww what a great story! CONGRATS!!!!!! Definitely sounds like the ideal induction! Glad it worked out so beautifully! HUGS and CONGRATS again! HE's PERFECT

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 13th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's a great story! Congrats on getting through it natural!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
September 13th, 2008, 09:24 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awesome story! Congrats on your little man!!!

September 13th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That is awesome!!!!! Congrats!!! You have a very beautiful family and a very handsome little boy!!!
September 18th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Congrats!! Both of your children are beautiful!!

September 19th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats, your baby is beautiful

September 20th, 2008, 07:40 PM
laurag146's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on the natural birth! What a beautiful family you have.

Thank you ~*Helen*~ for my BEAUTIFUL siggie!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search