Cooper Gray 09-08-08

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2008, 05:21 PM
LoveMyLittleCs's Avatar Welcome to wherever u are
This is the short version from my notes I wrote down at the hospital !

7:30 am- got to the hospital for my induction and started all the IVs

8:00- Hooked up to the pitocin, started feeling really weak and sick. I just knew I was going to have the worst birth ever.

9:10- not in any pain yet. The nurse called my Dr. to break my water.

9:30- broke my water. It went SO much better than it did with Carter. I was at a 3.5 then.

10:00 I asked for the epidural even though I wasnt in pain yet. I still wasnt having hardly any contractions.. not like I had any the whole pregnancy either !

10:30- Epidural guy came in.. the same one I had with Carter! I remembered him so well.. he was really nice. Well, he tried at least 5 times to get it in the right spot. It was TERRIBLE. The needle would go in and he would have to take it out. He kept telling me to arch my back and lean towards the needle and I just couldnt do it. It finally went in and started working right away. I am so thankful I had 2 good experiences with the epidural. It worked so well.

10:40- feeling good.. Legs got really numb.

11:00- Put the catheter in. At a 5 already.

Some contractions. I was texting people this whole time. I felt fine!

12:00- The nurse checked me because I felt so much pressure. I was at a 9.5 already!!

12:20- we started guessing what time hed be here. We guessed around 2:00 if it went like Carters birth.

I was feeling the urge to push so I told the nurse and she called my Dr who was on her lunch break. She got there just in time!

Dr. came in about 12:25 and I started pushing. His heart rate was dropping and was down to 40 !!!!!!!! My Dr. told me she would have to use the vacuum to help get him out really quickly. A few pushes later and he was here. Id say I only pushed about 8 times.. and I was breathing in between each one. The room was silent.. and wed all sit and wait for another contraction. It was amazingly calm.

12:38 pm- Cooper Gray Goodwin is here !!!!!! Carter was born at 12:43 pm. Same hospital, same Dr , it was total dj vu. The births were almost identical.

7 lbs 8 oz

20 inches

My Dr. stitched me up while they worked on Cooper. His oxygen was really low but he was crying. He came out sunny side up which is why he probably had some complications but after about an hour he was fine. We did skin to skin for awhile and that helped him. I only had a small tear.. I really dont feel bad down there.

The rest of my body has been more sore.. especially my back from the trouble with getting the epidural in. I couldnt have asked for a better birth. Im so lucky that I have 2 healthy boys and a wonderful husband. He has been so great. He stays up with Cooper all night and lets me sleep so I can actually heal this time.

Cooper is just perfect and I am SO proud of myself. I can't believe it's over.

.Carter Alan and Cooper Gray-
I love you with an everlasting love.

"Everything will be okay in the end, If it's not okay, it's not the end.."
September 13th, 2008, 07:13 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats Jenna! I am glad you had such a good experience

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

September 15th, 2008, 05:47 PM
laurag146's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats, he is adorable!

Thank you ~*Helen*~ for my BEAUTIFUL siggie!!!!

September 17th, 2008, 06:51 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your newest little man!!!

September 17th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Congrats!! He's so cute.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search