Delilah Madison- Sept 12th

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
Friday morning Sept 12th at 8:30am I was scheduled to have a c-section, as Tim, MIL, and I were all walking out the door at 5am to go to the hospital my phone rings, it’s the hospital. They are calling to tell us that my c-section has been cancelled and rescheduled for Tuesday as they have no open beds to put me in. This was not going to work as Tim had taken off work and my MIL had come down from NC. I called my dr and paged her, she said that as soon as a bed became available she would get my in to have my c-section and that room would be mine. (All 10 rooms at my hospital are all private) I then went to sleep and Tim went ahead to work. I got a phone call at 8am telling me to get to the hospital by 9am. I went and woke up MIL and called Tim, he said he would meet us at the hospital.
We got to the hospital and I got changed into a gown and was put in the recovery room to get hooked up to an IV and stuff. Tim and my mom then showed up. The anesthesiologist came in to talk to us and let us know what all was going to happen; it was now about 10:45am. I asked what time they were doing the surgery and they said at 11am!! I started to get very anxious. Before you knew it, they came back in and gave Tim his clothes to put on and told me to walk into the OR and they would do my spinal and get me strapped down etc before Tim could come in.
It was about 20 degrees in there, they told me to get up on the operating table and to sit down. They then said they were inserting the numbing shot, which wasn’t too bad. Then came the pain of the spinal..he poked me about 3 times as he couldn’t get it in right. By now I was literally shaking from the pain I was in as the numbing shot did NOTHING. I was holding some guys hand while they were trying to get the spinal in and finally they did some more numbing shots, for a total of 6 numbing shots. They kept trying to get the spinal in, and had to change out two people to hold me and hold my hand as I was screaming because I was in so much pain. The numbing shots were not doing anything at all, and then FINALLY they got the spinal in. Apparently while they were putting the fluid in it slipped out, and they don’t know how much so they had to put in more…well apparently they gave me extra.
I was then told to immediately to lie down. By now I am just COMPLETELY freaked out, and it took 40 minutes of them poking and prodding to get the spinal in. I was feeling really weird now, and asked for Tim….my dr was ready to make the incision. I didn’t like the feeling at all of being awake during this. Finally they were cutting, doing whatever they were doing, when I heard my dr say they can’t get her out because she had lodged herself underneath my ribs. Then they got a nurse to actually climb on top of me to help get her out of my ribs. The whole operating table was moving and shaking side to side from them pulling to get her out and it was actually painful because of all the pressure in my ribs. Tim was just holding my hand tightly, neither of us said anything. Finally I heard the cry at 11:55am, and I started bawling!! I can’t believe the emotion I felt and that very moment. Tim was so happy too and started taking pics of me, and then went over to take pics of Delilah. I didn’t get to see her for almost 15 minutes as they were doing everything to her. Tim apparently cut the cord, which I was completely surprised about.
Finally I got to see her, she was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen. Then they took her down the hall with Tim. They finished stitching me up, and “expressing” extra stuff from my uterus out of my vagina. Yes, they said that to me, gross. The phone rang in the OR for them to tell me she weighs 8lbs 4ozs and is 20 inches long. Then I got wheeled down the hall and into my room where my mom, MIL, and Tim were with baby Delilah. I then got to hold her, she was so precious. Now at this point I don’t remember anything…..
That whole night was pretty much a blur…Sunday we had to wait on all of her blood tests to come back and finally they came to tell us we could leave, but that Delilah has jaundice and we had to come back in the morning for her bilirubin testing. Everything else was great; she passed her hearing tests and everything else! She was weighed right before we left the hospital and she only lost 3ozs.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
September 17th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow...HUGS girl...that would be pretty awful!!!!!! Glad it all turned out fine in the end. Delilah is beautiful!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 17th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Dombone's Avatar Twilight Obsessor.
Oh myyyyy Darci!!! That sounds SCARY!!! But Delilah is out and as beautiful as ever!!!

September 17th, 2008, 06:33 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! Crazy scary! Congrats on your beautiful baby girl!!!

September 17th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
How scary! I'm sorry you had a bad experience but little Delilah is adorable and she makes it totally worth it, doesn't she?

September 18th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
Oh it was so totally worth it...but it's not like everyone said "After all is said and done you will forget about all that because you will have your baby"...believe me I WILL remember that birth experience! It was NOT a good one...but yes, it was worth it, and I would go through all that pain etc again just to have her here.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
September 20th, 2008, 06:50 PM
jenortiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jenortiz
She is pretty!

Dealing with a high risk pregnancy: [url="http://cjengo.blogspot.com"]http://cjengo.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search