Robin Isabelle

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Ninky's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So on Wednesday, September 10th, I had a scheduled Doctor's appointment along with my weekly biophysical profile. I got in for the ultrasound and my ultrasound Technician, Anne Marie took her usual measurements of my amniotic fluid, Robin's breathing, movement, etc. Everything looked great, except Robin just would not move at all. With biophysicals, she has 30 minutes to move around, and if she doesn't she fails. Well, she failed. So Anne Marie sent me back out to do my Doctor's appointment. I got weighed, and I had lost 2 pounds! Woo hoo! Did my urine, took my blood pressure, everything was great. Dr. Brosch came in and checked my cervix and to my surprise I was already 3cm and 80% effaced. So Dr. Brosch said she was going to send me to triage for a Non-Stress Test, since Robin failed her movement test. She said if I failed the NST I'd be admitted and induced. If the NST came back fine, she wanted to induce anyway, because with decreased fetal movement, she'd feel more comfortable delivering a little early. So we scheduled to induce the following day. She told me since I was already at 3cm, that inducing would go well and she felt very comfortable delivering me at 1 day shy of 39 weeks. She said I would get a phone call some time between 4am and 8am telling me when to come in for my induction.

So off to triage I went. I called Jason to let him know Robin failed her BPP and was going in for the NST. I got to triage, which is right next door to my OB's office (how convenient!), got registered. As I was registering, DH called me and asked me where in L&D I was. He came up to be with me! It was soooo sweet. So we met and waited, finally got called in. Got hooked up to the monitors and waited. Everything turned out 100% fine. So, we went home, packed all of our last minute things, got the car seat all installed, called the family etc.

Thursday morning, September 11th, my phone rang at 4:27am. The lady asked if I could be at the hospital by 6am, and I said yes. So I woke up Jason, we both ate a little bit, and we headed out to have our baby! We got there, got registered, were taken to our delivery room, and shortly after I received my IV's and Pitocin. At about 6:45am, Dr. Brosch came in, said I was a very healthy 3cm and 100% effaced. She then broke my water. Wow, what a feeling that was! Warm liquid everywhere! Haha.

I received my epidural after some strong contractions, at about 10am, I was 4 cm, and at noon Dr. Brosch came to check on me. I was at 5 cm. I felt a bit discouraged because it took so long to get to 5 cm. However, after Dr. Brosch left, I started feeling ALOT of pressure and pain. My nurse said she'd have some more of the epidural medicine administered, but she couldn't guarantee it'd help with the pain, because the pressure pain isn't related to contraction pain. And boy was it not! I endured the pressure and pain and then my body started to involuntarily shake. I felt like crap. My MIL came to visit us at about 12:30pm while on her lunch break (she works at the hospital) and stayed with us until just after 1pm. I continued to feel alot of pressure with the contractions. Finally, my body just started to involuntarily push. I didn't know if that was normal or not! There was just so much pressure and pain, and finally, I felt like Robin's head was either between my legs or really close to being there. I told Jason I wanted the nurse to come in and check on me, to make sure everything was ok. So Jason went out to get her. She came in, checked me, and said I was 8-9cm dilated! She said I had a little bit of cervix, and that I was going to start pushing. So, I started pushing with the contractions. Dr. Brosch came in, and after about 20 minutes of pushing, out Robin came! What a FAST delivery!

Robin came out 6 pounds, 7 ounces and 20 inches long on September 11, 2008 at 2:09pm. Perfect as can be, and just absolutely beautiful.

I had a very easy pregnancy, in spite of Robin having a Single Umbilical Artery, and a very easy delivery... especially for a first time mom and baby. I couldn't be more thankful for her, and I am just so enthralled by her. It's amazing how you can love someone so much, so instantly.

Pounds Lost Before Our Second Miracle: 57

September 16th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Mrs.Reesa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow I'm so glad everything was easy for you!!! robin is beautiful!!!!!
September 17th, 2008, 06:43 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on a great delivery! She is beautiful!

September 17th, 2008, 09:10 PM
ambermadic's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ambermadic Send a message via Yahoo to ambermadic
Lurking form the june 07 PR

Congrats on your LO she is beautiful. My Isabella had the same SUA and she was also very healthy.
September 17th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Congrats!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search