Fallon Alexis

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Dombone's Avatar Twilight Obsessor.
Well I woke up at about 6AM that morning contracting, painful ones... So I decided to time them and they were 15 mins apart. They were painful but nothing I couldn't get through. So about all day I kept contracting and they kept staying at 15 mins apart, so I went to lay down cause I wasn't feeling too good, just blah. I couldn't sleep or get too comfy because I kept getting the contractions, so finally I just decided to go have a shower.
While in the bathroom, I layed a towel on the ground and as doing that, I felt a gush of water come out, so I was thinking... Oh great, I peed myself. But I smelled it and it didn't smell like pee, so I got Chris to smell it haha! And he said it didn't smell like pee... So I was kinda like "... Did my water just break?!" Kinda freaking out about! So I went ahead and had a shower and while in the shower, I had another gush so I was like ok ... My water is breaking! I finished my shower, got ready and told Chris. So I called my mom and grandparents to tell them and to drop Dieter off at my grandparents. Then headed to the hospital.
While in the car my contractions were getting stronger and closer. At the hospital, while at the front desk... Guess what happend... ANOTHER gush of water! So yeah, needless to say... MY WATER BROKE! When I got admitted the nurse checked me and I was already at 4cm. I told them I was going natural, atleast hoping too. So I labored around the hospital, walked around, sat around, sat on my birthing ball (great thing by the way!) By now my contractions were getting REALLY strong and close, hard to get through, but I dealt with it anyways.
After a few hours I start to notice that I was feeling a lot of pressure down below so I let the nurse know(who was pretty surprised about this), she checked me and by then I was 8cm and ready to die. So I was sitting the bed and made Chris rub my back and just breathe through the contractions. By this point I could hardly walk or do anything with the pain I was having so I just sat in the bed. By just after 10PM the pressure down below got A LOT more uncomfortable, so the nurse checks me and I'm fully dilate! Time to push!!! Where's the doctor though? The nurse told me to "wait" because she had to call the doctor... Yeah... Wait ... My body started to push by itself by this point so she called the doctor and told me to start pushing. I was a lot better at pushing now then I was with Dieter so I was pushing good! My nurse joked (ha ha) and told me to slow down... Yeah ok. So after pushing for about 10 minutes, the doctor finally arrives! So he takes over and I keep pushing. I was in the worse pain EVER! But FINALLY! SHE'S OUT! I was sooo happy and relieved.
Everyone, including me was amazed at how big she was! 8lbs and 3oz at 38 weeks... I wonder what she would have been at 40?! I don't think I want to think about that
Natural birth is hard as heck and hurts like hell! But I seriously wouldn't go back to an epi! It felt so great to be able to walk around and get through it on your own!
So Fallon Alexis was born on September 14th at 10:56PM weighing 8lbs 3oz and was 21 inches!
We all love her soooo much! Dieter is GREAT with her! He kept kissing and hugging her while at the hospital and kept wanting to hold her. And when the nurse would talk to him about her he would say "yeah I'm her babysitter". Chris is doing great with her too, it's so cute.

September 16th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
congrats on your natural birth!! WTG mama! She is BEAUTIFUL!!
September 16th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Mrs.Reesa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats Dom! She is beautiful!!!!!
September 16th, 2008, 05:54 PM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats Dom!!! She's beautiful! You did awesome!!!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

September 17th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
CONGRATS!!! you go girl! Sounds like a great birth experience! Congrats

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 17th, 2008, 07:41 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great job on your natural birth Dom!! Congrats, she is beautiful!!!

September 18th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Congrats!! You are a strong woman for doing it all naturally!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search