Kaylee Nicole 9/8/08

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2008, 12:48 PM
KatiesGirls
Three full trimesters had finally passed us by. Months filled with joy, tears, and the occasional fits of emotional breakdowns finally all came to a halt for the ultimate payoff. We were going to get to meet our little girl.

Our c-section was scheduled to take place on September 8th, four days before my gestation hit forty weeks and carefully planned as it was the only open day I felt comfortable with. I say open because apparently my entire family gets extremely frisky and fertile around the holidays, resulting in a parade of birthdays in the first weeks of September. For those who know me well, I told you I love Christmas

Anyway-- the operation was scheduled to take place at noon, and we were to be admitted at 10am. My mom was coming over to take the first shift of staying with Julie until she could come in to see us later that evening after she had napped. 9:30 rolled around and I got nervous, my parents aren't the most punctual sort of people, and sure as anything, when I called my dad at 9:40 he said she had just left. So now I am doing what I have done best throughout the pregnancy and freaking out about being late. She finally showed up at 5 minutes PAST 10am, and we were able to leave. This rush might have been a blessing in disguise as it made the tearful goodbye with Julie quick and distracted me enough so that I could hold it somewhat together. She wouldn't be the baby anymore next time we saw her.

We got to the hospital around 10:15 and to our relief all was well with the running a bit late. I was afraid they would have to reschedule us or that we were this huge inconvenience but apprently as we were told, things like this were the reason they allotted two hours prior to the operation for admitting and paperwork. So we got admitted and it had offcially begun.

Everything was pretty much a whirlwind after that up until the actual operation. I got hooked up to IV's, did some paperwork, peed in a cup (sexy) and took what would be the last pictures of this pregnancy.

Frank suited up in that infamous trendy blue jumpsuit along with the ultra manly booties and hairnet accessories, and took my hand and we walked with my little IV bag in tow to the OR. One last kiss, and that would be the last time I saw him until just before Kaylee made her grand entrance.

<div align="center"></div>

Okay, the operating room is COLD. Not like, oh maybe I should throw on a sweater cold, but the kind of cold you thought was only reserved for things like meat lockers, or hockey rinks. How cruel it is that you are waddled in wearing a sheet of fabric that if it were any thinner, it would be a poof of fuzz on the floor. Anyway, I come in, get on the table, and get hooked up to the heart monitors as a hurried procession of unfamiliar people all in gowns and face masks buzz in and out and all around me. Beep..beep..beep, my heartrate set the beat of what was to come as I tried to keep things humorous (often the first indication of nerves in my case). The anesthesiologist (aka the evil within) came in and started firing off about all the horrible things he was about to do to me, the least of which included his displeasure at discovering that I had a tattoo right where his injection site was supposed to be. This is where I started to panic. He would have to change the injection site, meaning that it wasn't the usual fail safe spot, meaning things could very well start to get 'a little out of hand'. Beep, beep, beep-- Finally a familiar pair of kind eyes that belonged to my doctor came in front of me and she took my hand as the evil man with the needles said he found his spot and went to work. They 'numbed' me and then the big gun came out and I knew it was coming. I was in such a panic at that point that I hardly remember if it really hurt or not... but a few minutes later it was in and on with the show we went.

They swung my legs up onto the table. Apparently I had unvoluntarily continued to bring my hand up as if I was going to lay it on my belly (a habit many a preggers can atest to) and the evil one told me he would have to strap me down. I wasn't happy to hear this, but my arms had plans of their own at this point and it had to be done. Awhile later after the medication had taken full effect they started the dance and Frank was able to come in. He took one last pic of me and held my hand.

Okay, I DID this before so nothing should come as a shock right?? WRONG! Good lord. LAST time we had this done by the time I hit the operating table I had already had two different epidurals plus the medicine for the operation. Needless to say I was out of it. This time however, I felt everything. Not painful exactly, but extrememly uncomfortable. I felt like they were pulling, nay! Tearing my stomach apart! I started getting the shakes and feeling sick, all the while the evil one kept demanding that I relax, like I was interrupting the show for him. Stupid guy.

As they struggled to get her out, claiming she was a big baby, Frank kept telling me how much he loved me and that I was doing such a good job. I felt as the nurses pushed and pulled all over my belly, and then *pop* I felt a weight lifted, and I knew she was out. The seconds ticked by like they were drenched in molasses, but finally I heard her cry and sheer joy rushed in as the tears flowed out. It was done. It was all worth it. Finally.

<div align="center">

</div>

Kaylee Nicole was born September 8th, at 12:42 pm, weighing a healthy 8lbs., 11oz, and 19.5 inches long just as her sister had two and a half years before.

In the days to follow, I found that my recovery was 10 times easier than it was the first time around. I'm sure I could have stopped taking the percocets a few days earlier than I actually did, but as it was I took them for at least a week longer after having Julie. That in itself is enough to tell me how much easier this was on my body. I'm really thankful for that.

Though Kaylee still has a bit of jaundice to get out of her system, and she dropped a significant 14 oz of weight before my milk came in, she has tuckered on and is steadily puting on weight again. We have been blessed with Julie and the love she has in her heart. We always knew she was a sensitive little girl, but it has been confirmed in the gentle loving way she has with her baby sister. She whispers when she is close, and gives kisses as often as she can. In the days leading up to Kaylee's birth I had my reservations on whether or not we had made the right decision or more importantly at the right time in deciding to have another baby when we did. It is with much relief that I know now that Julie will be okay, and that she is going to be a fantastic big sister.

<div align="center">

</div>

So that's the story. As with anything in life, it might not have gone as I imagined, but in the end we found ourselves blessed again with the gift of life. There is no reward greater or no means to an end that is more worth the pain or suffering of a person than to hold your baby in your arms for the first time and to see love in it's purest of forms.

Welcome to the world, Kaylee. You couldn't find a family more in love with you if you searched the ocean, moon and stars. Welcome to the world, my joy.
September 18th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Katie! You should be a writer! Awesome story- I enjoyed it very much. Welcome Kaylee!!

September 18th, 2008, 03:10 PM
~Michele~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great story. The pictures are in the perfect place. What a nice keepsake to come back to and read whenever you want. Great job Momma and Congrats.

September 18th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Great birth story! The pics added to it as well! CONGRATS again

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 18th, 2008, 04:36 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great birth story! I agree, you should be a writer. Your girls are just gorgeous, congrats!!!

September 18th, 2008, 05:46 PM
MommyToTwo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommyToTwo Send a message via Yahoo to MommyToTwo
Girl you stink! lol I'm sitting here with tears strolling down my face because of how beautiful that was. You really can write! I'm very glad to hear the you are healing well. Your birth story was beautiful.

September 19th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Airen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow katie, i serioulsy felt THERE with the way you wrote! You are a fantastic writer, i love your emotion. Its pure. Its real.

What a gorgeous birth story, im glad to have gotten a chance to have read it. Your girls are both beautiful Katie.

Congratulations!
September 19th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
your birth story brought tears to my eyes Katie!
welcome baby Kaylee

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
September 22nd, 2008, 10:59 PM
KatiesGirls
Wow Thanks guys. I love writing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search