Mia Carol

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2008, 04:36 AM
lizm75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will post a general story, I wasn't paying attention to time! I will add times later...
I started having my regular contractions 5 minutes apart at 12am friday morning. We got checked in to the hospital at 1:45 am. I was 3cm dilated and 90% effaced. One I got settled in my room I got in the jacuzzi tub. That was great! The contractions were super manageable, not much more painful than the period cramps I used to have with my endometriosis.

They checked me again after 2 hours and I was at 4cm, so they broke my water. This is when we figured out why I was measuring big and so uncomfortable; I had polyhydramnios - excessive amounts of amniotic fluid. It is not harmful in anyway, just uncomfortable. There are causes for this that mean bad things, but I was cleared for all of them. Anyway, after my water was broken every time I had a contraction I would gush copious amounts. I was using a birthing ball to manage contractions and still doing so easily.

I progressed to 7 cm over the next several hours. Still without any problems coping with the pain. Over that time I decided that I wanted to go ahead without the epidural because I was so comfortable. The nurses and my doctor were all really supportive because I was really calm at a point when most woman have long ago gotten the epi. So I continued laboring, and gushing amniotic fluid over the next couple hours. I was checked again and still 7cm. Labored again for 2 more hours still 7cm. At that point I had no change in a long time so my doctor wanted to start pitocin. I was reluctant because I knew my contractions would get a lot more painful. In the end I agreed because I wanted what was best for baby. They started the pitocin and I tried to labor through the pain as I had before.

The contractions became too unbearable and, reluctantly, I asked for the epidual. I didn't need to be a hero! I got the epidural and was super freaked out about the fact that I could not feel my legs very much. I layed there and they increased the pitocin and the contractions were not getting more frequent than they had been naturally. For several hours the pitocin continued and my cervix did not change. My doctor came in and told me that we had another 2 hours of pitocin, and in that time we would have to think about having a c section if I did not dilated to 10cm.

Even if I did finish dilating it was not certain she would fit through my pelvis anyway. She said that is often the cause when labor stalls so late. I was really upset about that, but did accept that healthy baby was my #1 priority. The pitocin conintued and I was just praying it would work but accepted that a c section was probably what I was in for. They told me that if I felt the urge to push at any time I should call the nurse. About an hour into the 2 I felt like I had to hold in if I didn't want to crap the bed, so I called.

My doctor came and checked me; I was 10cm and 100% so she told me to start pushing with my next contraction. She had the OR prepped in case I needed a C-section. I started pushing and 40 minutes later I delivered Mia vaginally! It was the most amazing experience of my life and shows me how far dertimination and motivation can get you. It took a total of 21 hours and I would do it all over again. Mia is wonderful and weathered all the pitocin like a champ. I am a happy girl! Mia Carol was born September 19 at 9:08pm 6lbs 12 oz 20.5"

September 21st, 2008, 06:55 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your little girl!!! She is beautiful!

September 21st, 2008, 08:08 AM
punkrawkmom44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to punkrawkmom44
Congrats!

My Blog

September 21st, 2008, 08:27 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
Congratulations!!!
She is beautiful

Our Crew!

Nathan (12) Liam (9) Benjamin (8)
Savannah (6) Logan (4) Katie (21 months)

It may be crazy but we love it!

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
September 21st, 2008, 08:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
September 21st, 2008, 10:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats Lizzy!!
September 21st, 2008, 10:44 AM
Mrs.Reesa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
CONGRATS! She is beautiful!
September 21st, 2008, 06:38 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Congrats!! I'm so happy you were able to do it vaginally like you wanted to! Mia is a gorgeous name for a gorgeous baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search