Talus Rand

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2008, 04:51 PM
xoastorm's Avatar Veteran
Ever since I found this DDC, I've been waiting anxiously to post in this topic!

Talus Rand
9/9/08 11:30 am
7 lbs 10 oz
20 inches

After 2 false labor episodes that took me to the triage, my little boy decided he didn't want to come out after all. So, because of that and a Confined Placental Mosaicism trisomy 2 issue that could have potentially caused my placenta to stop functioning correctly during the pregnancy or during labor, my Dr. wanted to induce me at 39 weeks. Okay, I thought, that's weird to pick a date that my labor will start and my baby will be born. Kind of makes birthdays seem a bit arbitrary to me.

Anyway, my DH and I agreed and the day came. I woke up and had a BM (thank goodness, no pooing on the labor bed this time, yeay!) and we got ready and went. My parents thankfully had come into town the day before to watch our DD who is 21 mths old, so we had no worries there. Being induced started to look pretty good because of that—it was so nice too to have had a full night's sleep before laboring/deliverying.

We were at the hospital by 7:30am and got all settled into a room. My Dr. came in and broke my water. Weird sensation; it didn't hurt at all when he did it, I just felt a huge gush.

My Dr. is really laid-back and believes in meds for the mom-to-be to make her feel as comfortable as possible and to make the labor/delivery as peaceful and nice as modern technology can. I was thinking that I didn't want Pitocin or an Epi this time because with my daughter I couldn't feel to push at all and the Dr. had to use a vacuum to get her out. Needless to say, she had a 4 cm hematoma on her head that calcified, so I was reminded of the delivery for at least the first year of her life, and I felt that somehow it was my fault for not being able to do it.

So, I was a bit traumatized by that, but since no contractions were coming after my water was broken, I agreed to a "whiff" of Pitocin. My Dr. didn't think I needed more than that.

So, about an hour after getting the Pitocin, the contractions were coming fast and furious, and I realized that I was crossing that line where I didn't care what happened next, I just wanted the pain to stop NOW. So, I agreed to an Epi. Started to look like we were going down the same road as the first time.

I got my Epi, but it hurt going in! The anesthesiologist from my first delivery put in the Epi so smoothly that I didn't feel a thing. No so here, plus I also got lightheaded from putting my head on my chest. Anyway, I thought "great, the Epi's going in and I will be just fine and feel nothing like I did with my first L&D". NOT SO. My pelvis area (including the birth canal!) NEVER got numb AT ALL.

So, I labored for another hour and a half on the bed, literally writhing in pain because I was feeling everything in my pelvis. Thankfully I guess, at least my stomach was numb. Anyway, at one point I felt that I was going to throw up. It was horrible pain. But, in the next minute, I just felt a pressure and knew right away what was happening, and I told everyone in the room that I had to push NOWWWWW. The nurse checked me, said I was "complete" and then rudely took out the catheter—ouch! I can't believe I cared about that feeling at the moment, but I did. It hurt bad! I assume she pulled it out so fast because I was pushing already, and that's what caused the pain.

Anyway, somehow they assembled everyone including my Dr. into the room in less than a minute because I was already pushing without any assistance (except for my great DH who was with me all the way).

It only took me 1 1/2 pushes, and then I thought the Dr. was sticking his fingers in my urethra or something because it was excruciating pain right there, so I put my hand down there to get whoever was hurting me out of there, and instead I felt the head of my baby boy sticking out!!!!!! OMG, it totally focused me and I pushed again, hard, and the Dr. told me to slow down.

They put my darling baby boy on my chest, and I just laughed and laughed and laughed. He was perfect, everything was beautiful, and I basically had my "natural" birth anyway and no one had to use a vacuum.

September 22nd, 2008, 04:30 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search