Zoe Katherine

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2008, 08:56 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Zoe Katherine
September 26, 2008
7 lbs. 10 ounces
19 1/2 inches

Friday morning, I was going to be going in to the hospital to be induced. My blood pressure had been steadily increasing, and it was starting to worry my doctor. We got to the hospital around 6:30 am and got all checked in and settled into my labor and delivery room. The resident doctor checked me, and I was still only 1 cm dilated. We settled in for what we assumed was gong to be a long day.

DH and I tried to nap and pass the time. They kept upping the pitocin every 1/2 hour and I was starting to feel the contractions. They weren't too bad yet, though. They kept asking me what my pain level was, and were surprised that it wasn't higher. My mom and sister came to hang out with me while laboring.

I was hooked up to a fetal monitor and a contraction monitor. The nurses kept getting frustrated, because the baby kept moving away from the monitor. They made me get into bed and wanted me to stay there so they could keep her on the monitor. She would stay on the monitor for a bit, but then, even in the bed, she was moving away from it. I snapped on one of the nurses, because I just didn't want to sit in the dumb bed anymore.

At 3, my doctor came in and broke my water and put an internal monitor on the baby. (Later on in the night, she managed to lose that monitor as well. My daughter doesn't like to be monitored, apparently.) I labored through the contractions. I just kept thinking that it would be over in a minute, and that really helped me get through the contractions. Off pitocin, I may have been able to last a lot longer without the epidural. At 4:30, I asked to be checked, and was 4 cm. The contractions were coming much closer together, so I was not getting much of a break between them.

I got the epidural. I had been pretty scared of the epidural, but it ended up not being as scary as I thought. The next time I was checked, about 2 hours later, I was still at a 4. They said they would be back to check in 2 hours. When they checked again, I was still a 4. This is the point where I started to realize that a vaginal delivery was not in my future. My doctor said that she would let me go another hour. If there was no progress, we would have to have a talk about how to proceed.

An hour later, I was still only dilated to 4, so we had the big c-section talk. I think she was expecting me to break down, because she seemed to be bracing herself. I felt like crying, but I wasnít. I had told myself all along it was a possibility. I have known so many people who have had to have c-sections, that it was a very real possibility to me that I would need one too.

Everything started moving quickly then. I was swept off to surgery. It sucks that they make you go alone. Sitting in that OR, waiting by myself felt like an eternity. They finally got me numb enough to do the surgery, and then DH was sent in to sit with me. If he was scared, he didnít show it. He just held my hand and talked to me.

The actual surgery was really gross. I didnít like feeling them move things around. As the time for her to actually be born started to get closer, I was paying attention to what song was playing on the radio in the OR. My doctor said it would be any minute now, and the song changed to ďIím Just a GirlĒ by No Doubt. I made a comment about how appropriate that was. I think I also said she better not then come out a boy!

Hearing her first cry was such a relief. This kid came out crying and pretty much didnít stop the entire time they were working on her before she came to me. They started the process of sewing me back up. At this point, I got sick and started throwing up. Not an easy feat lying on your back.

After they were done sewing me up and transferring me to another bed, we went off to recovery. I was a mess at this point. I had the shakes really bad, my sister said my skin looked gray, and my eyes kept wanting to close. I basically just tried to stop shaking while my mom, sister and DH took pictures and oohed and ahhed over the baby.

Here are a few pics. Our anesthesiologist took our camera and got the shots of her coming out. I hope they arenít too gross for anyone.

On the day we were going home

October 2nd, 2008, 02:13 PM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations you have a beautiful baby girl

October 2nd, 2008, 09:20 PM
xoastorm's Avatar Veteran
aw . . . what a cutie--congrats! i'm glad it all turned out well for you!
October 3rd, 2008, 07:16 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
she is beautiful! Congrats momma!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

October 10th, 2008, 11:57 PM
iCathy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just a lurker..but she is beautiful!! Congrats!!

Cathy

Thank you *Kiliki* for my sweet siggy!!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search