Daniel James has arrived

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2008, 01:44 AM
MummyTo2Plus5's Avatar Loving my baby boy
So after going over due, was due 20.09.08, i went in for induction on 30.09.08, great I thought he will still be born in September.

They examaned me and did a stretch and sweet and pulled my cervix foreward and I got my first prostin tablet at 11am and was already for going into labour, thinking I am finally going to meet my little boy. We sat waiting and drinking tea and coffee and still nothing, was examined again at 4pm and no change, great I was thinking I am going to be here a long time. So after a long day waiting for something to happen, and nothing DH and my mum went home at 8pm and what shold happen but I start getting pains I had started to have lots of bloody show.
but they were bareable, so I tried to get some sleep, but after a few hours I was struggling. So I spoke to the midwife and had some paracamol and codine and managed to lie down but not get any sleep, got a little dis heartened when the midwife said that they could just be pains from the prostin was thinking they were too painful not to be contrax as they had told me prostin pains were a little stronger than period pains.

DH and mum came back the next day and I was examined again and the DR said she could stretch my cervix to 3cm I was so relieved that it had worked. I was told as soon as they had had a spare bed they would take me and break my waters, however they were very busy and had a few emergancies during the night so they were waiting for the DR to check all the ladies who had given birth during the night. So again we sat waiting drinking tea and coffee. The contrax became even more painful and at 12pm apporx I asked for some pain relief. I started on the gas and air, which worked for a while, the contrax were now coming every 3 to 4 mins and were pretty strong, as they had had a few more ladies come in that were in later stages that I was they were taken down before me and they had had more emergancies during the day, I was still on the ward.

At 3pmish I was again not coping very well with the pain, so the midwife gave me some pethadin, which helped me loads as I was able to rest between each contrax. I was finally taken down to the delivery room at 9pm and was examined and was told I was only 5cm!!!! I was so upset to say the least, I had only progressed 2cm all day. Was told it would be a while before my baby was born as they say it is normally 1cm per hour. They broke my waters. I had another pethadin injection and the contrax became so strong and closer together, I got back on to the bed at 10pm amd was examined again and was 8-9cm. I then had the sudden feeling that he was coming, it was such a strange felling it actually scared me.

I started pushing at about 11:15pm, but didn't seem to be making any progress, after an hour and half of pushing the midwfe started to get worried as my contrax were not lasting long enough to push they baby past the bend in my birth canal, so then I started freaking out. They called in another midwife for some encouragement, but still nothing, by this time the baby was getting distressed and they called in the DR. They put a drip up toi give some fluids as I was so hot, and something to help with the contrax.

The DR decided that an episiotomy and a vontuse would be the best option, y this time I was freaking out as they had bought in extra help, there was 2 DRs, 5 midwifes and a paediatric DR in the room, so finally after 30 hours of labour Daniel James was born at 1:02am, he was delivered onto my stomach but he didn't make a sound, they rushed him away to check him out, that 5 mins was the longest of my life, but thank god he was ok, and they bought him back to me and managed a cuddle, he was grey and still not crying. So while I was getting cleaned up and having some stiches, DH, my mum and MIL took turns in passing him round. He was beautiful. He weighed 8lb exactly.

I had a bath and finally got in to bed at 3:30am, my baby boy asleep beside me in his cot.

My 1st picture.

Very proud mummy to 2 earthly and 5 heavenly babies

October 4th, 2008, 08:34 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!

October 5th, 2008, 06:36 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
he is beautiful! congrats!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search