Birth Announcement

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2008, 01:12 AM
Super Mommy
In a bittersweet moment Owen Reed arrived safe and sound Tuesday night (Oct. 7th) around 9:45pm. He weighed a whopping 6lbs. 12 oz! A lot bigger than we thought he would be. So far he's doing really well, he is in the NICU probably for a few days to a week. They just want to make sure he can eat on his own and regulate his own temperature before they discharge him, but other than that they say he's doing amazingly well for being born 5 weeks early. He also looks really great, nice and chubby (I guess all those chocolate chip cookies I ate paid off), he has a little bit of hair on his head and looks a lot like his daddy!

As far as the labour went, we really thought it was never going to happen. They started my induction around 8am on Monday morning and we didn't deliver until Tuesday evening. It seemed like I was going to stay at 4cm forever and then all of a sudden I was 10cm and ready to push, I think I only pushed 5 or 6 times and he was out. So even though it was a long two days in the end it happened so fast!

After Owen arrived we quietly delivered our Angel baby Reed Alexander who weighed 3lbs. 5oz. Luckily we had so much support from the hospital staff, they took tasteful photos of him wrapped him in a gown, took footprints and impressions for us and gave it all to us in a beautiful memory box. All of those small gestures will help us keep his memory alive and I feel so appreciative they did that for us.

I hope everyone else is doing well and I will check back soon and post some pictures!

Thank-you Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy!

Feb 06 - Started TTC / Feb 08 - First IVF cycle
Feb 25/08 - BFP!! at 9 days past retrieval
Mar 1/08 - First Beta at 4w2d 431 / Mar 3/08 2nd Beta at 4w4d 1114
Mar 17/08 - First ultrasound, it's TWINS!
June 18/08 - 20-week ultrasound, it's two BOYS!
Sept 24/08 - Baby Reed became an Angel
Oct 7/08 - We welcomed baby Owen into the world!
October 9th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Veteran
Congratulations love for the birth of Owen Reed. I cant wait to see the pics. I am realy glad that the hospital staff gave you all the support you needed. Once again big CONGRATULATIONS to you.

Des, you are awesome. Thanks for my siggy
October 9th, 2008, 02:19 AM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
Yay for little Owen!

I'm so glad he's doing well and that your delivery went ok.

And thank goodness for a wonderful hospital staff. Again, I can't tell you how sorry I am for your loss of baby Reed.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

October 9th, 2008, 03:28 AM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
Congrats on your little Owen. I cant believe how big! That is great. I hope he gets to come home very soon.

I am so glad for you that the hospital staff was so great with everything. Lots of hugs!

October 9th, 2008, 04:25 AM
my5girls's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats!!!

Many thoughts and prayers for you and your family!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Journal
October 9th, 2008, 04:45 AM
Angel_Maker
**popping in**

Natalie, I am so happy to hear that sweet little Owen arrived healthy I cannot imagine the bittersweet emotions you felt (and are feeling now) having one precious angel in Heaven and one on Earth. You will never ever forget little Reed, but you can celebrate his memory everyday as you watch Owen grow stronger, healthier, and happier. God Bless you and may He continue to provide you with the strength and comfort that you need to get through this difficult time
October 9th, 2008, 04:59 AM
Live4Love's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats on the birth of Owen! It is nice to hear that the hospital staff was so caring and supportive.
October 9th, 2008, 05:12 AM
mis2chicas's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so glad to hear that Owen is here and doing fine. I hope he gets out of NICU soon and you can take him home. Congrats!
It is wonderful that the hospital staff was so caring with Reed. I am so sorry that you have to go through this but their compassion will surely help.

October 9th, 2008, 05:14 AM
Mom4Life_11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!

October 9th, 2008, 05:18 AM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
Congratulations and Welcome Owen! 6lbs 12oz!!! that's huge! I'm so glad that you were able to have supportive people around you to make it the best experience possible. KUP on Owen's progress!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

October 9th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your wonderful news and KUP on Owen's progress.

MEG, mama to Blake (11/18/08) and Hudson (08/11/10)

October 9th, 2008, 05:30 AM
~*Melanie*~
Congrats Natalie! I am so glad Owen is here, and is such a big baby! I am so happy that the hospital was so great with the birth of your sweet angel. I have been thinking about you so much!
October 9th, 2008, 05:52 AM
Lv2Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on Owen's safe arrival!!! I hope he's out of NICU & home w/you soon. I'm sure it was a bittersweet delivery w/everything you're dealing w/but I'm glad the hospital staff was so amazing...
October 9th, 2008, 06:06 AM
Jendaly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Jendaly Send a message via Yahoo to Jendaly
Congrats on your baby boy!! We have all been thinking of you and are glad you had the support you did.
October 9th, 2008, 06:19 AM
turtle_78's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats on the birth of Owen I will keep you and your family in my thougths and prayers.

October 9th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Super Mommy
Congratulations!! How beautiful that you gave Owen his brothers name for a middle name. They will always be together!!

Can't wait to see the pictures.
Brennan - 10,
Isabella - 4,
Sophia -3
Cannon Bayne born 11-04-08

<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Prejudices, it is well known, are most difficult to eradicate from the heart whose soil has never been loosened or fertilized by education; they grow there, firm as weeds among stones.
-Charlotte Bronte</span>
</div>
October 9th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SweetiePeas&Me
Congratulations on your big boy Owen!! I'm so glad the hospital staff made the experience more comfortable for you. I hope Owen comes home very soon!
October 9th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Veteran
Congratulations on the birth of Owen. Many prayers to you and your family. I am so sorry for the loss of Reed.

October 9th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Lindsay8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!! I can't wait to see pictures of Owen!! That's wonderful the hospital was so supportive.

October 9th, 2008, 06:45 AM
iheartaddi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on the birth of Owen Despite a long labor, I'm glad you had a good birth experience and caring staff to be with you during that time. I hope Owen has a short NICU stay and gets to come home with you soon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search