Madison Elizabeth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 22nd, 2008, 08:35 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I know its been awhile but I am finally sitting down and writing Madison's brith story.

It started on October 12th at 3:00am I woke up to go pee for like the millionth time during this pg. As soon as I was done I noticed that I kept leaking everytime I moved. Then when I wiped I saw that I had lost my whole plug and so the fun began. I went and told DH that I think my water broke and he started to get out of bed and I stopped him and said I was going to go lay down for a bit and get back up and see if it was in fact my water or just a really full bladder. So I layed down for half an hour and watched some tv. When I got up and went to the bathroom I saw that I was soaked and thats when I knew it was my water. I go back to our bedroom and DH goes "well" I said I think it is my water but I am going to call the doctor and see what they say. So I go back down stairs and call my doctor. She tells me to go to L&D and if it is my water then we would be having this baby today. So I go back up and tell DH that we have to go to the hospital. So he gets up and starts getting dressed and then I remember that there are a few things I still had to throw in my hospital bag. So DH starts getting that stuff together while I get dressed. Thats when the nerves kicked in and I'm sitting in front of the toilet sure that I'm going to be sick. I pull myself together and we finish getting things situated. We then head to the hospital. We get to the registration desk at L&D and I have to cross my legs to keep from leaking all over the floor. We get put in a room and I'm told to get undressed from the waist down. Thats when I feel water going down my leg. So I wipe and thats when I see a little bit of blood and go to DH theres the bloody show that they talk about. So I get situated and lay down on the bed. The nurse comes in and does the blue dye test to see if it was my water or not. She shows me the swab and the whole thing is blue. So they hook me up to the monitors and have me put on a gown and start my IV. So we sit there and wait for my doctor to come in. She comes in and talks to us about what we are going to expect that day. She lets us know that there are two woman that came in after me that are having a vaginal birth and they were both progressing so my c-section would happen after they both gave birth. Neither one of them was pushing yet so they said it would be around 8 that I would go in to the OR. This was around 5am. So we wait some more. DH's mom shows up and so they take turns sitting with me. So the doctor comes in and says the first girl is ready to push and so my c-section would be moved back to around 9 instead of 8. Ok so a little more waiting. The nurse comes to tell me that the girl is still pushing and that the second girl is getting ready to push so it would be a little bit still. Then around 8 the nurse comes in to say the first girl is still pushing but should have her baby in the next hour and the second girl is getting ready to push. So now my c-section is pushed back more. Then my step mom shows up and she's sitting with me and I feel my first real painful contraction. I tryed sitting and laying in all kinds of different positions to help ease it and nothing helped. They started coming every 4-5 minutes or so, so a nurse comes in and says they are going to check me to see where I am at. At this point I was 1 1 1/2 cm and +1 effaced so they said I still had plenty of time. Then another nurse comes in to say that the first girl had her baby and now we were just waiting for the second girl to have hers and then it was my turn. This was around 10. They kept saying sorry to me for having to wait so long. I didnt mind it even though I was ready to have this baby but the worst part was the contracts that were getting worst and worst. One nurse asked me if I wanted them to come do the epidural for me to help with the pain but I said no it was ok because I didnt think it would be much longer. About half an hour later the doctor comes in to say that there was complications with the second girl and that she was heading for a c-section but as soon as she was done it was my turn. She said about an hour. So I wait some more in pain. About 11:30 DH notices that the heartbeat monitor dropped Madison's heartbeat and so we tryed moving the thing around looking for it because no one came in to check it. All of the sudden there was 5 people in my room running around. They put an oxigen (sp) mask on me and do an ultra sound to find her heartbeat. It went from 140's down to the 60's and they were doing everything they could to find it. It was really scary for DH and I because neither of us knew what was going on. They tell someone she needs to go back now she's not going to be able to wait anymore. Then Madison's heartrate started to go back up. Then they tell DH to get dressed and they start to wheel me back torwards the OR. They get me in there and sit me up and start the Epi. It didnt hurt as bad as I thought it would. My doctor was holding my hand the whole time. Then they lay me down and start putting up the sheet and getting all the stuff ready. They do the test to see if I can feel anything which I couldnt and then I asked them if DH was coming and they said yes a nurse went to get him. I asked if they had cut me open yet and they said yeah and thats when DH came in. He sits down in a chair by my head and talks to me to keep my mind off everything. Then they say the babys coming soon and a nurse holds up a mirror so we can see when they pull her out. First came her butt and then the rest of her and she had the back of her head to us and thats when we saw all the hair. Then they give her to the other doctors to check her out and make sure she is ok. As they were handing her over thats when we heard her cry for the first time. It was the best sound in the world. After that she cryed a lot. They told us what she weighed and that she was doing great and then they handed her to DH and he got to hold her for the rest of the time. After they finish up with me they wheeled me into recovery. Over all the waiting was tough because I was so excited to see her but the rest of it was good.

So thats Madison's birth story.

October 22nd, 2008, 08:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to beba4506 Send a message via Yahoo to beba4506
AWE!!!! Reading that makes me want my LO here NOW lol... i'm jealous!

Thank you so much ♥sophiasmomma♥ for my beautiful siggy!

October 22nd, 2008, 09:19 AM
Lv2Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad everything went smoothly for you guys! It makes me anxious for mine too... Congrats, again - she's beautiful
October 22nd, 2008, 09:31 AM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
thanks for sharing that hun, I'm so glad everything went well!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

October 22nd, 2008, 12:33 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
What a pain that you had to wait so long, but I'm glad everything turned out fine!
October 22nd, 2008, 12:44 PM
Super Mommy
Isn't it amazing how these stories can end so beautifully even with all the waiting, pain and aggrevation!

Conratulations!
Brennan - 10,
Isabella - 4,
Sophia -3
Cannon Bayne born 11-04-08

<div align="center"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Prejudices, it is well known, are most difficult to eradicate from the heart whose soil has never been loosened or fertilized by education; they grow there, firm as weeds among stones.
-Charlotte Bronte</span>
</div>
October 22nd, 2008, 05:28 PM
iheartaddi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like an eventful story to tell Madison later in life. I'm glad she is here safe and sound

October 22nd, 2008, 08:23 PM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
Congrats!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search