Leila Elise

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2008, 06:49 PM
mis2chicas's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ok, here we go. Sunday I felt kind of in a funk. I got the car cleaned out and put the car seat in, so apparently part of me knew something, huh? I went to see my Grandma and Aunt like usual but didn't stay too long, really didn't feel well. When Anjuli and I got home my DH was just stopping by before going out with friends again so I figured Anjuli and I could hit Dairy Queen and relax for the night. Anjuli fell asleep before we got home so I ate real quick and cleaned up and realized that the 'BH' I had been having were getting stronger and pretty frequent so I sat down and started timing them. After about an hour, and timing at about 3-6 minutes apart I called my DH to make sure he wasn't drinking and find out where he was since he hadn't taken his truck. Then I called my Dr and my mom. Dr (thank goodness mine was on call) said to take 2 brethine, wait 1/2 hour and see how we were. Mom said just go. So I figured, since they were pretty regular sitting down I could take the Brethine and get bags for me and Anjuli ready since THAT I hadn't done yet. (If you haven't delivered yet, get that done!! Trust me) After 1/2 hour I woke up Anjuli and got her dressed again, she had spilt chocolate on her clothes, and she was excited about going to have her sister 'cut out of my tummy'. I drove to go get my DH, north of town, and we went and got a niece to drive to the hospital since he had been drinking and no matter how I had thought I could I don't think I could have driven that far like that. We got to the hospital went into the ER, of course I had my pre-admission appointment on Monday morning so it was a start from scratch. my Dr was already there so they were somewhat ready for me. I went right up to my room and got hooked up to IV and machines and my Dr came in to check me. I was only 1 cm dialated but totally effaced and contracting on top of each other, what was 2 minutes had gone to about 1 but there was almost no calm between them, so I was staying. There was another mother ahead of me so we had a bit of a wait but that wasn't too bad. My SIL and her husband had followed so it was decided that my SIL would go in with me. The surgery went very well, she came out great! After they got her out the blood rushed back into my heart and it had to work too hard, after they got me calmed, and realizing that I was in fact breathing even though it felt like someone was sitting on my chest, it was decided that I would be hooked up to the monitor all night and if it hadn't calmed down by morning I would be getting an EKG. I am thrilled that it all turned out alright. The nurses were great there, I told them I wanted to bf and she was brought to me everytime she woke up. My DH stayed with me Sunday night and Anjuli went with another SIL for the night. It was almost midnight when I got to my room so it was a very short night anyway.
Well, I think that is all. I have some observations I will post on the main board later, while I was there I kept thinking about all the questions that had been asked and how I had tried to answer with a 4 year old memory. Now I can answer with a new experience!!

October 25th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you for sharing...sounds like you had a good birth expereince.

October 26th, 2008, 09:58 AM
cadjma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to cadjma
It sounds like you had a wonderful experience, Congratulations & thank you for sharing your story!

Maile 10/22/04 Aubrie 11/03/08 Gabbie 08/28/10

October 26th, 2008, 01:39 PM
iheartaddi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you for posting! Congratulations on your new baby girl

October 26th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!! Thanks for sharing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search