My birth story!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2008, 03:58 PM
Veteran
Ok so here's how it all went down My parents came to visit and help us get moved into our new house last Tuesday, and a few hours after they arrived I went into labor, go figure! I was sitting on the bed and I felt a gush of water come out and I ran to the bathroom and my panties and pants were soaked. The water was clear and it didn't keep coming out.
So we went to L&D and they examined me and told me that it was just cervical fluid and my water had not broken. I was like "ok, if you say so, but it sure did feel like it".
Meanwhile, I was cramping really bad. It didn't seem like contractions, it was more like constant cramping. And according to the monitor I was not having contractions. The OB checked me out and sure enough, my water had NOT broken, and it was a gush of cervical fluid (I have never heard of that happening before). Anyway, they told me I was dilated to 1 and they wanted to keep me overnight to monitor for contractions and I could go home the following morning. I was up the whole night cramping really bad, and they told me they were not contractions because it wasn't showing up on their monitor. I was in agony! I was really thinking that if that wasn't contractions I didn't know how I could ever handle contractions because the cramping was so bad!
So they monitored me all night and at 7am on Wed morning they examined me again and I was dilated to 7!!! I was in labor ALL night!!! I was so mad, they didn't give me anything for pain because they didn't think it was contractions!!!! Finally they got serious and I got scared because I was thinking it was too late to have an epidural or pain meds. My OB came in and broke the water for baby A (Ava). Well, she didn't realize that she broke baby B's (Will's) water! So they were concerned now that Will's umbilical cord will come out ahead of him and that could be dangerous. After she broke Will's water I went back down to 6cm. She then broke Ava's water and told me that I will have to have an epidural because there was a chance Will could come out first and Ava may have to be delivered via emergency c-section.
This just keeps getting better, I had a student do my epidural! It took her about 30 minutes and she could not thread the needle, the anesthesiologist finally got it in! ughhh.... So by the time my epi was in I was feeling soooo much better and not feeling a thing. It was wonderful after the pain I'd been in all night and morning.
Around 5:30pm I started feeling contractions. We were hoping Ava was on her way out, but nope. William Wyatt popped out at 6:11pm! It really wasn't that bad. I had about 5 really bad contractions where I had to push and felt like I was having the biggest poop of my life, and out he came! Then my OB was trying to manipulate Ava because her head was in a bad position. Ava's heart rate started to drop and they rushed me to the OR and did an emerg. c-section. It was very scary because I felt like I didn't know what was going on. To top things off, my epidural quit working during the c-section and I was screaming in the OR. They kept telling me it was just pressure I was feeling. It was horrible.
However, Ava Laine made it out just fine and both her and Will are doing great.
Will is out of his isolette and expected to come home this Wednesday. Ava is still having a little trouble feeding so she will probably have to stay in the NICU another week or so.
Oh, Will weighed 4 lbs 8 oz and Ava weighed 4 lbs 6 oz.
I have to say that holding them for the first time was the most amazing feeling ever and I've always heard people talk about it but I just can't describe it. I have never felt love like I do for these babies.
It hasn't been fun recovering from both vaginal and c-section deliveries. At first I was really pushing myself too hard because I wanted to be with the babies all the time. I wasn't getting enough rest and I was not eating well and taking care of me. I have also been pumping every 3 hours. They are still not strong enough to breastfeed, so I'm pumping and they are taking it in bottles. The nurses in the NICU have been awesome!
I will get some pictures up soon and I am really glad to be back on JM. I have missed so much and I want to get caught back up!
November 2nd, 2008, 04:02 PM
mystimay's Avatar Queen LaClotha
Send a message via Yahoo to mystimay
WOW what an ordeal!!! (hugs) to you, I can't wait to see pics of their sweet little faces!!!

November 2nd, 2008, 04:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
wow that sucks, I hope they topped you up for stitching you up though, dont you hate it when they dont listen cos they know best, congrats on the babies and can't wait to see them.

Thanks Claire1979 for the siggy

November 2nd, 2008, 06:46 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow that's quite a story, I can't believe they didn't check you at all till you were 7cm.! Glad that the babies are doing well and can't wait to see pics
November 2nd, 2008, 07:40 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to forgetmenot
Congratulation glad to hear all is well. ( like i need another reason to start crying!!)
November 2nd, 2008, 07:43 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for shareing your birth story! Congrats on the birth of your little ones!
November 3rd, 2008, 09:19 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LynzB
What an experience you had! I hope you recover quickly and you get to bring home your little ones quickly!! Can't wait to see their darling little faces in photos!
November 3rd, 2008, 12:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What a labor and delivery! Thank you for sharing your birth story!

November 4th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Tash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Tash
Congrats! Thank you for sharing your story.
November 4th, 2008, 03:15 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow thts crazy! I hope all is going well for you and you are feeling better by now! Can't wait to see pics!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

November 4th, 2008, 07:31 PM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, congratulations and thank you for sharing!! I can't believe your epidural wore off before the c-section was over........OUCH!!!!!!!!

So glad your little ones are doing well

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

November 5th, 2008, 04:49 AM
ally&bub's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics.

November 5th, 2008, 09:35 PM
amber1214's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats and thanks for sharing!! I cant wait to see their lil faces in a pic!
November 7th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Veteran
Congratulations! I'm glad to here that everything turned out in the end, although it sure sounds like an awful experience in the OR!!
November 7th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to sirvingmaicie
Oh, what a challenge. Glad that things went well and excited to see pictures.

November 8th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
holy crap i couldnt imagine if the epidural stopped working! glad all is well though. take care of yourself and those babies! i cant wait to see pictures!
November 8th, 2008, 07:00 AM
MamaBx3
Congrats!
November 8th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Super Mommy
Wow. Thanks for sharing your story. Congrats!

November 10th, 2008, 07:13 AM
ravenlynne's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats!

<div align="center">

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search