Katelyn Rae

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2008, 01:27 AM
Scoobyrae1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started having contractions on November 1st at around 1:30 pm. They were 3 minutes apart and were consistently at least 1 minute in length. I waited until about 3 pm and decided we should head to the hospital to be on the safe side since they were so frequent. When we got to the hospital, it took 45 minutes for someone from L&D to come get me. They got me into a room and checked me. I was 2 cm and 50% effaced which was progress from my last appointment so they decided to keep me for a couple of hours and check me. I kept slowly making progress and was 3-4 cm by 7 pm so they decided to go ahead and admit me. I asked for some IV pain med so that I could get some sleep since I had gotten 3 hours or less sleep everyday for the past week. So they gave me a dose and it was fabulous! I slept for about 4 hours and it was nice. They checked me again at about 6 am and I was 4-5 cm and 80% effaced. The exams hurt like crazy because my cervix was literally behind Kate’s head so they had to reach around it to be able to feel it. They decided to break my water and give me some pitocin. I also got another pain med shot in my IV. At about 8 am, I decided to get the epidural and it helped so much. They were afraid that I was tensing with my contractions so my cervix was tensing as well. By about 11:30 am, I could tell something wasn’t right because I could feel intense pain in my right hip and thigh. By this time, they were having me do some practice pushing and every time I did, I literally felt like my hip was popping out of its socket. I was screaming in pain so in the next few hours, they have me 3 more doses of epidural med. It would help for about 10 minutes and then the intense pain would return. At this point my left ribs started hurting because she was trying to stretch out her body to make it out. So every breath I took was like a knife in my side. After 2 hours of pushing, at about 2 pm, our OB pretty much said we can do forceps or a c-section because we have to get her out soon. They could see her head but it just wasn’t getting under the pubic bone. So they all left the room so we could discuss it. After they left the room, the pain was so intense that I started vomiting all over. The OB and nurses came back in and we decided to give the forceps a shot.
They all got set up and I gave one push while the OB pulled and her head came out. She was sunny side up and the cord was loosely around her neck. She was born at 2:39 pm. Our OB thought that she would be around 7 lbs. but we were all very wrong!! She was 9lbs. 3.5 oz. and was 22.5 in. long. The OB looked at me and said, “No wonder that was so hard!” It actually made me feel nice because it let me know that I wasn’t just being a wimp!
I seriously was more drugged than I ever thought I would be. In some of the hospital pictures, I look stoned. In fact, my DH got a great story from it. At one point, he looked at me and said, “Do you want some more ice?” and I said, “I want a backyard.” LOL! But I honestly don’t think I could have done it any other way. I had a 2nd degree tear so I have some stitches but it doesn’t really hurt. I am just glad that she is here, healthy and happy, and I am darn proud of myself for making it through.
Here are some pictures!

This sums it up

Meeting my baby girl

My big girl!

Daddys girl

My "stoned" face...LOL

Thanks jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

November 6th, 2008, 06:30 AM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
omigosh hun! what a delivery! I'm glad the forceps worked and you didn't have to have a c-section after all that. and she's so big! she's beautiful congrats!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

November 6th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Lv2Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! She's beautiful Congrats
November 7th, 2008, 11:57 AM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
Congrats on your baby girl~! Sorry she was confused about where to go.

November 7th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Showbiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! The pic of your DH with her is PRICELESS!

November 7th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! She is beautiful!
November 9th, 2008, 05:18 PM
tiasmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tiasmommy
awww congrats!! she's beautiful!

November 12th, 2008, 08:39 AM
sunshyne57's Avatar ~Angela~
Congrats on your little girl! She is gorgeous

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: