Sierra Grace

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Super Mommy
I had a scheduled c-section for our little pumpkin on halloween. My family all came up from north carolina the night before she was born. I was so anxious I only got about 2 hours of sleep that night so I was exhausted all day on her birthday. I arrived at the hospital at 5am for them to prep me. They put me on the monitors and said I was contracting every 3 minutes..which was surprising because I couldnt tell! My mom and husband were allowed in the operating room with me...but they took me back for my spinal first. That was awful!!! It hurt so bad and it took him about 25 minutes to get the thing in after hitting several nerves. I was so scared that I was going to be paralyzed from it or something because he kept asking for different needles and more lidocaine. It made me so nervous! They finally got it in and laid me down put my cath in and then draped me for surgery. Right before the doctor made his first cut I started throwing up...that was fun. I threw up pretty much the whole time only stopping for brief moments after she was out. It was so amazing and surreal to hear her little cry for the first time. Although I have to admit I was still throwing up so I was trying to listen to her cries as a distractor. After I got out of surgery she stayed with me in recovery as we bonded and I stared at her beautiful face. I breastfed her there and she latched on for about 30 minutes! She's such a good little eater! She weighed 8lbs. 6 oz at birth and was 22 inches long. The rest of the day I had a TON of visitors and I was so nauseous I couldnt hardly sit up in bed. Needless to say that night the nurse came in and took our baby to the nursery because she said my husband and I were not able to care for her because we were so out of it...which I understood completley. However about 3am she said she would bring her back at 5am for a feeding (they had alreadly given her one bottle in the nursery earlier) When she came in at 6:30 the next morning and woke us up I was pissed because They never brought her back to me for her feeding instead they gave her another bottle!!!! So all day saturday she was a little cranky because the colostrum wasnt filling her belly like the formula. The rest of the nights I made it a point to tell the nurses that she was staying in the room with us and I wanted absolutley no bottles!!!! They said okay but made us sleep with the bathroom light on...and the door wide open so it was really bright in there. I was suprised at how many babies were sent to the nursery at night I think I was one of like 2 moms that roomed in with thier baby.Anyways the rest of our hospital stay was pretty uneventful. She had lost down to 7 lbs. 11 oz. when we left the hospital on monday, but 3 days later she was back up to 8lbs. 3oz. So far she is a really good nurser and a pretty good sleeper. Last night we got a stretch of 4 hours of sleep!! Its continuing to get better by the day but She is so amazing and I love her to death!

Thanks Crystald22 for my beautiful siggy!!
November 7th, 2008, 11:44 AM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
Thank you for sharing. i am sorry the nurses gave her bottles. That is crazy. She is beautiful! Congrats

November 7th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing! I'm surprised they gave her bottles, but it sounds like she is doing wonderfully! Congrats!
November 12th, 2008, 08:53 AM
sunshyne57's Avatar ~Angela~
Congratulations on the birth of Sierra....I'm glad things are going so well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search