Kaila Marie

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Friday morning around 5:30 am I started getting mild contractions - enough to keep me up. I decided to log in to my work email and get some emails out in the event this was the real thing. I woke DH up around 7 am when the contractions were around 5 minutes apart and let him know I would be calling the on-call doc to see if I should come in to triage. So, around 9am, away we went to L&D. They monitored me for about an hour and a half. When the doc checked my cervix, I didn't have any progression -- still 2.5 cm and 75% effaced (from Monday). The contractions were pretty steady at every 5 minutes but she thought it was best to send me home with Tylenol 3 and to get some sleep. Her thought was it could be that night or within the next couple of days.

DH and I were a little disappointed but I was starving, so we went to the hospital cafetria and I pigged out between contractions. We got home around 1pm and I decided to try sleeping. At this point, the contractions were waking me up every 10 minutes but were quite intense -- especially in my back! By 4pm, I was in tears from the pain. I knew the doc wanted me to wait until I was 2-3 minutes apart but I had to get back to the hospital. I'm pretty sure DH was thinking I was overreacting at this point but he took me back to the hospital. When he said, "You know they'll probably just send us back home," I just started crying. He felt bad and hugged me. I think he realized that something was definitely up at this point since I never cry!

I called the doc on call around 4:15 and let her know that I was in agony and that I thought they were 5 minutes apart but I had to go back. She told me to head on back, so away we went. The same doc from earlier was in triage and she said, "I know, early labor is tough"almost implying that I was having a rough time making through these very early stages prior to dilating, etc. The contractions were back-torture at this point! I was crying from the pain. She decided to check my cervix again and I will never forget the look on her face when she said..."Good news my friend. You are 5 cm dilated, 100% effaced with a bulging bag of waters!" Off to the birthing center we went!

They started me on an IV and epidural around 6:30 pm. The relief from the epidural was amazing! No pain at this point, just pressure. At 8pm it was time to push. I pushed until Kaila was born at 8:40 pm. She was 8lbs, 11 ounces, 22 inches and cyring her little lungs out! I couldn't believe that I just had a successful VBAC. All the docs were impressed with how short my labor was and I couldn't believe that I was out of bed 2 hours later walking around! Overall, it was a great experience and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. No induction needed afterall...

Kaila is beautiful and her sister Keira could not be prouder!!

@~Alicia & Don~ proud parents of Keira, Kaila, & Kellen~@

November 8th, 2008, 06:41 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
that would have been really frustrating for even the nurse to doubt you! but I'm glad it went smoothly and you didn't have to be induced! congrats!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

November 9th, 2008, 01:54 AM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
Congrats on the VBAC. That is awesome. Congrats on your baby girl!

November 9th, 2008, 10:42 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Congrats on your VBAC that is awesome news!

November 10th, 2008, 02:50 PM
aletas2boys's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations on your successful Vbac. I sure hope mine goes that easily. Best of luck with your little girls.
November 12th, 2008, 08:28 AM
sunshyne57's Avatar ~Angela~
Wow that was a pretty quick labour! I hope mine goes that fast! Congrats on your little girl

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search