Aubrie Elizabeth - November 3rd, 2008

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2008, 10:23 AM
cadjma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to cadjma
It was 3:30 pm and I was sitting at work when I had a contraction, I assumed it was just another Braxton Hicks. I had been having Braxton Hicks on and off for a while but they had become more frequent and so I decided to start timing them just for kicks. They started out about 15 minutes apart and by the time I had gotten off of work at 10pm they were about 7 minutes apart. I drove home after work and continued to time them for a bit. Then at midnight I decided to wake up my husband and tell him what was going on. His words were, "Are you sure" and my response was "no", but still I took a shower and got everything together then called the birthing center at the hospital to see if they felt that I should head on down the hill. Of course they did, so I woke up my girls to let them know we were all heading to the hospital because we may be having the baby. Everyone was excited, once they actually woke up and realized that I was serious. I sent a text to Christie, my due date buddy, and sent a text to my sister, we had been in touch all evening and she had been urging me to leave work & go to the hospital - so she was excited and came right over. Her and my mom followed me and my family down to the hospital. I was quite embarrassed to have this entourage show up with me, so I sent my girls with my mom & sister to the family waiting room as soon as we got there. My husband went with me to the birthing room where they hooked me up to the monitors and asked me a million questions. The doctor came in shortly and checked me. I was at 5 centimeters and 80% effaced. Yay! They were going to keep me. I was excited and couldn't believe that we were about to finally have our baby! After another hour or so I had only gotten to a 5.5 - 6. So at about 7:45am the new Dr on call came in and broke my water. I looked at Carlos,my husband, and said, "I can't believe this is really happening right now" and he agreed. We were so excited. This is where the contractions get much stronger. My two oldest daughters come in the room to join my husband and I. They really wanted to be present for the birth and I was happy to have them there. I continued contracting for another couple of hours and when they checked me I was at 7. So things were progressing, but not quick enough for me. The contractions were getting more and more painful and I finally gave in and requested pain medication through my IV. I don't even remember what it was called, it started with an "F" and they said it was a drug similar to demerol. Whatever it was, it really seemed to take the edge off & work for a little while. I wished I had asked for it earlier, but that was very short lived because the effects of it lasted maybe 30-45 min and the strong painful contractions were back full force. From 930 am on, things all become a blur. I was so focused and in a lot of pain, I seemed to get tunnel vision. The last hour or two of contractions, I just wanted to die. I seriously do not know how I lived through it. This was the hardest labor I had ever experienced. I tried laying on my side, standing bent over a table, sitting, nothing helped - so I got back onto the bed. Gosh this is awful, I am sorry, I don't want to scare you moms who haven't delivered yet - but I am just telling it like it was. Please remember everyone's experience is different. Well I was checked again at about 11:45am and I was at 9 finally. The nurse told me to call her when I felt pressure or the urge to push and she left the room. As soon as she left, I had a contraction and felt pressure. My daughter Jessie went out and brought the nurse back in. She told me she wanted to check me during the next contraction, which had already started so I didn't have time to protest. Don't ever allow them to do this to you, it was unbearable. My body started to push compulsively. She said I was ready and called the Dr in. I pushed for four or five contractions begging for the Dr to cut the baby out, anything to get her out and stop this excruciating pain. The pressure and burning were intolerable. As soon as the Dr gave me an episiotomy the baby's head came out, next contraction her whole body came and she was finally here. Instant relief! She was purple, but absolutely perfect and beautiful. Her cry was the most wonderful sound in the world. I was crying with joy and held her immediately. I loved her the second I saw her. My husband and girls and I were all overjoyed to finally welcome our most precious Aubrie Elizabeth to our world!

Maile 10/22/04 Aubrie 11/03/08 Gabbie 08/28/10

November 11th, 2008, 08:11 PM
4boyz4me's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats! You are one tough cookie!!!

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"> </MARQUEE>
November 12th, 2008, 08:20 AM
sunshyne57's Avatar ~Angela~
Well you are definately braver than I....I would have opted for an epidural! I don't handle pain very well lol.....congrats on your little girl! I love the name. Hope you guys are doing well
November 12th, 2008, 11:47 AM
tiasmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tiasmommy
congrats on the birth of your little girl!! I love her name! Our baby girls share a birthday =)

November 13th, 2008, 05:51 AM
Lv2Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, way to go Momma!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search