William Barretts Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2008, 11:28 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was scheduled to be induced Friday Nov. 7 but got a call from my OB at 6:00 and was told we couldn't really induce because of my previous CSection--a major oversight on his part and he was so apologetic, but I was just thankful that he reviewed my chart in time. We decided I would go in and he would break my water and go from there.
I had been having very crampy contractions since 4am anyway so I was ready for anything. My water broke around 8:15 or so and I started contracting more regularily and it was more painful. I actually got the epidural around 9:30 although the pain wasn't intolerable but the anestheiologist was available so I jumped on the chance. The baby did have 1 episode of his heartrate dropping, but a change in position helped that. Unfortunately it was during this time I realized the epidural wasn't working in my left hip or vaginal area Not fun, but oh well. By 2 pm I was 9 cm but it took 1.5 to 2 hours before I got to 10. I started pushing and pushing and pushing. He got so close to coming out within 20 min, but just seemed to get stuck. After 4 hours of pushing, much crying on my part (painful hip, aggravation, frustration....) I finally begged for my mom to help me make the decision to keep pushing or go for the Csection. I couldn't decide, but within 20 sec of Mom being there, I chose the CSection and glad I did. Not only was the umbilical cord wrapped twice around his neck, he was "sunny side up" and my uterus was so close to rupturing it wasn't even funny. During the operation a small artery was damaged and so I lost more blood than normal, but overall came through just fine and so did Will. I was so excited to meet my little boy I couldn't stand it. The labor was hard, and I went through a lot, but everyone, especially my OB was glad I chose the CSection. Not a great story to read, but knowing that I have a healthy little boy to show for it makes it all wonderful
William Barrett "Will"
Born 11/7 at 8:13
7 lbs 3 oz
20 " long

November 14th, 2008, 03:39 PM
petalstarlace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds scary! I am so glad everything turned out alright in the end though Congratulations

November 15th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations Valerie! I'm glad mom and baby are doing fine.
November 15th, 2008, 04:12 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
that sounds incredibly exhausting! congrats on a healthy little boy!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search