Logan's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, it all started with my doctor's appt. on the Wednesday the 5th. They found protein in my urine so I had to do a 24 hour urine test to check my levels...that was a very annoying test!! On Friday night around 9 PM my doctor called to give me the results...my protein levels were extremely high, looked like pre-eclampsia. So I was told that he would induce me the first of the week. DH and I were a little nervous but very excited at the same time. Turns out that we were scheduled to be induced on Monday the 10th, but Logan had his own ideas!! In the middle of the night I started to have contractions, but they weren't regular and I didn't think anything of them since I had had them before and was only a 4+ at my appt. By about 6 AM I They moved me to the delivery room and I called my sister to tell her she needed to hurry over...I wanted her to be there with me since my mom lives 4 hours away and wasn't going to be able to make it. I then got my epidural...I was so freaked out about getting it, but it really wasn't bad at all!! My doctor came at about 9:15 AM and broke my water and I was dilated to a 9. Literally 20 minutes later I started to feel pressure and the nurse asked me if I wanted her to check me. I said yes...she checked me, looked at me and said "It's time to push, he's right there, and your baby has long hair!" The hair was a major shock!! I pushed about 4 times with the nurse and my doctor came in and I pushed about 5 or 6 more times and he was here!!! It was such an emotional experience! When he held my little man up I just started bawling...he was so beautiful!! I had waited for this moment for such a long time and it was everything that I had ever dreamed of and more!! They ended up having to take him to the NICU for about 20 minutes to be put on the CPAP, but DH got to go with him and he did so well!! They brought him back to me and I was able to nurse him for the first time, which he did so well with!! We had to stay an extra day in the hospital because his billirubin was a little high, but he got to come home with us and it has been the most wonderful week of my life!! I have so much love for him, and for DH. He has been so good with Logan...it's almost like it's not his first baby!! I'm so looking forward to this new adventure with our little family!!

Thank you .t.e.r.r.a. for my amazing siggy!
November 15th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Veteran
Oh my gosh, that is all so exciting! Congrats to you, and to DH and a big welcome to Logan!

Thank you for sharing this with us

Will and Andy
November 16th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad everything went so well for you! Thanks for shareing with us!!
November 16th, 2008, 05:33 AM
ravenlynne's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations!

<div align="center">

</div>
November 16th, 2008, 12:11 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! Sounds like pretty good labor and deliver
November 16th, 2008, 12:18 PM
ally&bub's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!
November 17th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and thanks for sharing!!
November 17th, 2008, 01:44 PM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, congratulations on little Logan's arrival!!

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

November 18th, 2008, 11:12 AM
JennyluvsDilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awwww, thanks for sharing your story! Congrats!

November 21st, 2008, 01:00 AM
punktart's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your little boy!!

November 26th, 2008, 08:46 PM
.t.e.r.r.a.'s Avatar Proud to be a WAHM
Congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search