Bella Nikkole

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2008, 06:18 AM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
On Friday morning, I was up early, I could not sleep. We had to be at the birthing center at 6am to start the induction. Before I left, I was having contractions but nothing that I though was worth going in for.

6am- we arrived at the birthing center. I got my IV and they put me on the moniters watched til my Dr. showed up.
8am- The monitering showed that I was contracting every 3-7 minutes. The Dr. came in and talked to me and we started the pitocin. She said she would be back in a couple hours to break my water. The nurse was upping my pitocin every 30 mins by 4 until the contractions were consistant at 3 mins apart.

10am- the Dr. came in and broke my water, checking me for dialation and I was a 4 cm. She told me that the baby's head was very low +1 station. We kept the pitocin going up by 2 every thirty mins at this point. She didnt want the contractions on top of each other and knew that since my water broke they would get stronger.

During the next few hours, my contractions got stronger. I did not want any pain meds, so I distracted myself. We watched Pearl Harbor, Legally Blonde and Flushed away. I also was online IMing people and surfing the web so that I could keep my mind off the pain.

2pm- My contractions were very strong and I was in a ton of pain and starting to feel some pressure. The nurse checked and said I was only 5cm almost 6. My heart sank... I was so upset that I had not progressed very much. The DR came in and said that she had her last patient at 3 so she would be back at 330 to check on me.

The next hour was horrible. I was in so much pain, nothing was distracting me anymore. I was trying to focus on my breathing and my husband was AMAZING! He was right there holding my hand and rubbing my back. I sat on the ball for a while and ate ice chips and suckers.

3:45 pm- the pressure is horrible and I really feel like I want to push so the nurse trys to check, but Bella's head was so low that she couldnt get to my cervix. The dr comes at 4:15 and decideds to let me try to push to see if anything happens. So on the next contraction, I start pushing. Nothing was happening so the dr checked my cervix and I still had a lip on my right side. She said I needed to wait 30 mins before we did anything else.

The next 30 mins was pure Hell. I was trying so hard not to cry during the contractions. I was doing everything I could to foucs on my breathing. I finally decided that I would push down lightly with the urge. That helped so much and at 4:45 I told them I was ready.

The dr came in and I started pushing. I pushed for 4 mins and her head came out. They did the suction and Jason got ready and on the next push HE delivered Bella. 4:51 pm. I pushed for 6 mins total.

Once Bella was out, Jason cut the cord and she layed on my chest for the placenta to be delivered. I found out that I had no tears

They took Bella and mesured and weighed her. 8lbs 4 oz and 20 1/2 inches. She got 9&9 on her screening.

This was my best labor/delivery by far and Bella was my biggest baby. I made them re-weigh her...lol I couldnt belive she was that big. The staff was wonderful and listened to everything I asked. They only offered me pain meds one time. ( I didnt think I was gonna make it this time) but I said no and she left it alone.

We were released 27 hours later and we are doing great. I am hoping for my milk to come in soon cause she is nursing constantly. Thank you all for sharing this experience with me.

November 16th, 2008, 04:51 PM
petalstarlace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a great story! Kudos to you for going med-free Good job Momma!

November 17th, 2008, 01:35 PM
tiasmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to tiasmommy
amazing birth story!! congrats on your baby girl!!!

November 17th, 2008, 07:43 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
sounds like a wonderful birth, congrats

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

November 20th, 2008, 05:35 PM
iheartaddi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats again Sarah!! I'm glad it went so well.

November 20th, 2008, 06:35 PM
cadjma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to cadjma
What a wonderful story, you did an amazing job momma!!!

Maile 10/22/04 Aubrie 11/03/08 Gabbie 08/28/10

November 14th, 2009, 12:43 PM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
Re-reading this made me tear up. I can't believe she is one.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search