Annabelle Margaret

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2008, 08:35 PM
tattooedjess's Avatar Evie & Anna's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to tattooedjess Send a message via Yahoo to tattooedjess
I had begged my doctor to induce me as soon as she could. With Evie, she induced me at 38 weeks but since I was delivering at Baptist this time around, policy wouldn't let her induce until 39 weeks unless something was wrong medically. My blood pressure was not quite high enough for it to be terribly concerning, but enough to have them watch it and check my blood most every office visit there at the last. The earliest I could talk my doctor into inducing me was 38 weeks and 6 days. LOL! I didn't think I would make it, but I did.

Last monday, November 11th, I went checked into the hospital at 6:30 am. I was taken to my room where I was set up on the monitors. Before going in I was almost 4 centimeters dilated and 50% effaced. By the time I got there that morning I was a full 4 and about 70% effaced. My doctor came in shortly after and broke my water. It was A LOT of water and I immediately felt a difference in my belly. My contractions started almost immediately after that and so I asked for my epidural.

The guy that did my epidural felt like he was literally stabbing me in the back... with a big knife and hitting bone. He went through 2 bottles of numbing medicine before I started to pass out and they had to lay me down on my side. So being in a different position, he has to start all over again. Luckily it wasn't quite as bad, but it still sucked really, REALLY bad and once the medication kicked in, I felt much better.

My nurse checked me on the hour and I had only progressed to 5 centimeters until 11 o'clock. My doctor had predicted that I would have her by noon. As noon approached I was realizing that that wasn't happening. At noon my nurse checked me and I was 8 centimeters. I assumed I had until 1 o'clock or so. A nurse came in to start setting up my room while nurse went to call my doctor to update her on my progression. My doc said she would see a few more patients and then head to the hospital. At about 5 minutes after 12, I felt the urge to push. I said "Call her! Call her!" which led my husband to ask, "WHO?! WHO?!" The nurse setting up the rooms yells "THE NURSE!" haha... so he called and she came running in to check me. Sure enough I had progressed to 10 centimeters, fully effaced and her had was at zero station. My nurse yelled out the the station to have them call my doctor to get her butt to the hospital right then. Her staff had to actually pull her out of a patients room so she could leave to deliver me. She called my nurse when she got off the interstate and asked if she had time to even put her scrubs on. The nurse told her if she hurried she would just make it.

I was feeling my contractions again so the guy came back to boost my epidural before delivery. I think my doctor left her office at 12:20. She arrived in her scrubs and heels, at 12:40. She checked me and said, "You will push once because her head is right there." The nurse helped her into her sterile cover and mask. The nurse that sat up the room held my left leg while my husband & mom held my right. I started pushing 3 sets of a 10 count. Anna's head was delivered on the first push. The second push moved her a bit further out. I was stopped half way through the third push where Anna's nose and mouth were cleaned out and then I finished the last 10 count and delivered her shoulders. Annabelle Margaret entered the world at 12:49pm on Monday, November 10th, 2008. She weighed 8 pounds and 12 ounces and was 18 and a half inches long. She was and is perfect.

I felt like I barely had to push. She was ready. Though she was covered still in a thick coating of vernix. I wanted to do skin to skin, but she was still needing to get fluid out of her lungs and was very slippery. The nursery nurse took her to get her breathing better where she went ahead and cleaned her and did her apgar tests. She was 8 at one minute and 9 at 5 minutes. While she worked on Annabelle, my doc delivered my placenta and put one small stitch in a very slight tear. by 1:00 I was holding my sweet baby girl.

She is so beautiful and was so beautiful even covered in all of that goop. She even pooped a bit right after she came out. It was good to know that pipes were working right off the bat.

My whole experience with her birth at Baptist was amazing (except for the epidural, of course). I felt very relaxed, and very well taken care of. My nurses and doctor were amazing. My family got to share this moment with me shortly after she was born by visiting and getting to hold her. I didn't pass out this time like I did that last but I did manage to throw up a time or two from the epidural... but that happens.

x8
November 21st, 2008, 03:26 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
yuck on the epidural but it sounds like a great birth. and boy did your dr call it! congrats!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

November 21st, 2008, 06:49 PM
petalstarlace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol @ begging to be induced. I think I might start.

Lovely story I'm glad you had a good experience

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search