~*Keira Danielle*~

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2008, 11:32 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Keira Danielle
Born: Friday, November 14th, 2008 @ 11:17am
weight: 7lb 0oz.
length: 20 in.

Okay, bare with me, it's kind of long... but here is how my precious, little Keira made her grand enterance into the world!

I began having what felt like menstrual cramps sometime on Tuesday. It wasn't horrible, just dull. They came and went and I dind't think much of it. By Wednesday, they were back but they were going away. It was a constant dull crampy feeling, but it wasn't anything that caused me to not be able to go about my daily activities. Brian was out of town about an hour and a half away for work for the entire week and I was really emotional and missing him, so I drove down to stay with him for the night and had planned to come back home Thursday morning. I got down there in the early afternoon and just hung out with him at work all day. By that evening the cramps felt a bit stronger and I had to go back and forth between sitting and standing but blamed it on dehydration and the drive down.

By around 11pm that night I had decided that I was calling the doc in the morning and heading back home as soon as rush hour died down, there was no point in making an hour and a half drive a 4 hour one. I tried not to let Brian see my discomfort bc I knew he would worry, and was up most of the night alone pacing the room in discomfort and frustration at not being able to sleep. I was pretty close to taking a shower to feel better but was sooo tired it didn't even sound appealing. I finally fell asleep for what seemed like 5 minutes and woke up again around 7 to drop Brian off at his work site. By this time I had what felt like severe menstrual cramps that wrapped around my entire abdomen and back. I couldn't tell when they were starting or stopping, just was allover uncomfortable. I managed to choke down a banana and some milk. That all came RIGHT back out the back pipe if you know what I mean. By then, I knew it was more serious than I had been thinking. I managed to pack up my things and get ready. It took me FOREVER because I could only stand for periods at a time and was pretty uncomfortable. I called my doc and the nurse basically said to get straight there as soon as I could. I wasn't arguing. I went to say bye to Brian and let him know what was going on, all the while I was an emotional wreck bawling my eyes out in desperate need of a reality check. I sobbed pretty much the entire way home bc I was scared out of my mind an stuck in some BAD traffic. It ended up taking me 3 hours to get there, and YES, I drove myself.

The next part was pretty boring. They did an NST in the doc office and checked me. The nurse practitioner was pretty surrpised to see that I was truly contracting and even more surprised when she checked me. I was 3cm and 75% effaced. They sent me across the streed to L & D and said that there was still a chance it could be false labor and they would monitor me more there. So me and Brian's sister headed over and they hooked me up in the triage room. The nurse checked me and said "Tell your BF to get home, even if we send you home you will be back tonight for sure..." So... at that time Brian FINALLY got the word to head back into town. They had me walk the hallways to see if I would progress. By about 5pm I had dialated to 4cm and was 80% effaced and was having my bloody show (yuck--). Yep--I was most definatly being admitted.

I was exhausted. I had only had about 3 hours of sleep the night before and wanted to rest but was too anxious for Brian to arrive. His family came and kept me company until he arrived. Once he did arrive I was soooo relieved and was able to just relax and try to sleep.

Fast forward to about 1:30 am-- I had some broken up sleep for a few hours and still had made NO progression. I was getting more uncomfortable and was frustrated at no further dialation. I was put on a pitocin drip, which made my contractions stronger and closer together. It was't unbearable so I didn't ask for the epi. I just watched tv for a few hours and let Brian sleep. Around 2:30 the doc came in a broke my water. Let me tell you-- it was beyond explanation what that was like. It was like they opened the gates to hoover dam! FLuid EVERYWHERE. I ended up having to get out of the bed and get all new sheets becuase I had so much fluid and it just splashed everywhere!! Totally crazy feeling. To top it off, when I got back in bed if I moved a certain way more and more would gush out. Gross. Not fun.

Within about 30 minutes of my water being broke I was DEFINATELY feeling everything and it was REALLy intense. Epidural please!! I was so concentrated on my contractions that I didn't feel the epidural being put in hardly at all. In fact, I thought getting an IV was more painful that the epi. It kicked in immediately and I was soooo relaxed. After that, I managed to sleep through till 7am. I woke up with some pretty intense rectal pressure. It felt like I had to take the biggest poo in my life, but couldn't. At that point I was a 7 and almost completely effaced, I'm not sure what station, but I know she was low cuz the nurse was surprised. They said probably a few more hours and I'd be ready. WRONG. The doctor came in a little before 9 and checked me. I was all ready to push...At that point I was FREAKING out. I was soooo nervous and wasn't planning on pushing for another couple hours. I was still in shock actually of even being in labor. The whole thing was just surreal.

I pushed for over an hour and she just wasn't coming down. I was feeling pretty defeated. When I started pushing, the epidural was still in my system but I was slowly feeling more and more, I figured that it was just stronger contractions. I told the nurse to just turn it off so that it would wear off as I was pushing. Turns out it had fallen out of my back and was already almost completely worn off. I began to feel everything within about 15 minutes of realizing it was out and off. The nurse let me labor down for a while (let me rest through a few contractions to put effort into more). That was pretty tough but I desperatly needed to rest through a few. The doc came in to check my progress. Keira just was NOT coming down and I had been pushing for well over an hour. He said that at that point it seemed that I was going to need a c-section. Apparently Keira was turned in a way that wasn't allowing her to come the rest of the way down the birth canal. I told him I wanted to change positions and push more. I REALLY did not want that section. He agreed and said he would check back in an hour. I started pushing on my side and could feel such a difference in what I was doing. I felt like I had so much more control and could actually feel where to push. All I knew by then was that I wanted it all to be over. I could feel everything, but I knew I was making progress, sure enough, she was coming down, FINALLY!!!

I was scared to death, and could feel every little thing, exactly what I DIDN'T want. I didn't even care though becuase I just wanted her out and the whole thing to be over with. The nurse tried to tell me when to push and finally I told her that I was going to push when I felt the need. Which was pretty much back to back. I just went with the momentum and pushed through as hard as I could. She didn't even argue with me at that point. And what do you know, I was making great progress comparred to when I was letting her coach me through it. Then, the fun began. She was completely crowned. AND THE DOCTOR WAS ACROSS THE STREET!!!! They made me breathe through and not push until he got back over. It was the LONGEST 3 minutes of my life I swear. I have never felt anything like that in my life, and not being able to push through it was awful!! thankfully, Brian was being extremely supportive and was such a good labor coach. I don't know what I would have done without him there! The minute he came in the door I started pushing, I was over waiting and him being in the room was good enough for me. After just a couple more minutes of pushing, she was here!

They put her directly on my chest and I was just in shock! In fact, I think me and Brian both were! I didn't even know what to think and felt extremely emotionless for a couple minutes. Then, reality set in and I just felt this incredible, overwhelming love for her! The whole thing was just surreal. I can't even compare it to anything. Nothing comes close to the feelings and emotions I had during the whole process and I'm still amazed. I stare at her in awe everyday and can't even imagine my life without her in it. She is just so beautiful. Ugh... I can't even explain the feeling, but for those who have been there, I'm sure you understand, and for the mommies-to-be who will be joining me across the fence, you will understand VERY soon!

Okay so this is my cheesy ending! thanks for reading my birth story and for any new mommies who are anxiously awaiting your big day, feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I know I was really scared and nervous at the same time and being able to ask others around me what I could (possibly) expect made things a little better as I waited! Also- I'm sleep depived and exhausted as I type this so if it gets edited later thats why!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

November 18th, 2008, 02:12 AM
ravenlynne's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations!

<div align="center">

</div>
November 18th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations Dani!!! thanks for shareing your birth story, loved reading it!
November 18th, 2008, 05:11 AM
Super Mommy
Congrats! Thanks for sharing your birth story.

November 18th, 2008, 05:11 AM
Super Mommy
Congrats! Thanks for sharing your birth story.

November 18th, 2008, 10:01 AM
JennyluvsDilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beautiful story! Thanks for sharing!!!

November 18th, 2008, 10:25 AM
LenaandBaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LenaandBaby Send a message via Yahoo to LenaandBaby
What a great story, thanks for sharing
November 18th, 2008, 12:18 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I loved reading that! I like how you describe all the details, like you said it's good for a first timer to know as much as possible about what to expect And of course congrats on your princess
November 18th, 2008, 02:10 PM
anjelt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Danielle, that was a great story!! Towards the end I got tears in my eyes!!! I can't believe we are going through all this!!! And she is beautiful!!
November 18th, 2008, 02:36 PM
ally&bub's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my god Dani, I am bawling my eyes out! Congratulations, she is a little beauty and sounds like you did a great job.

I am so happy for you and Brian! Well done mummy!
November 18th, 2008, 05:27 PM
~*NIKKI*~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awesome story. Thanks for sharing. And congrats on a beautiful lil girl!!
November 18th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
Wow

I hope I remember everything as vividly as you do. As I was reading I felt like I was right there in the room. What an emotional rollercoaster!

November 18th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Tash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Tash
Thank you for sharing your story Dani. I am glad you kept it so detailed. Congrats!
November 19th, 2008, 07:20 AM
*threesweetpeas*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a great story!!!!! Congratulations Dani-she is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

~Homeschooling ,Breastfeeding, Sleep Sharing Mama!!~

Jasmine
November 19th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great story and congrats!!
November 19th, 2008, 01:57 PM
mystimay's Avatar Queen LaClotha
Send a message via Yahoo to mystimay
AWE Dani, those emotions only strengthen, they're are a simply amazing miricle, there are no adequate words. (hugs) and congrats again on your beautiful butterfly!!!

November 19th, 2008, 03:30 PM
HailandNevansmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So im wondering about the epidural... I wnna get it this time, and im wondering if you regret that, or if it was a good decision? also.. Should i ask them to let it wear off a bit b4 pushing? If i do decide that?

November 19th, 2008, 04:00 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great story. It made me cry a little bit! Thanks for sharing.

November 20th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Super Mommy
popping in from the Jan ddc...congratulations!!!!

<div align="center">

</div>
November 20th, 2008, 02:29 PM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww Dani, thanks for posting that!!! You did an incredible job!

Little Keira is sooo beautiful!

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search