Aidan Taylor

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 21st, 2008, 12:12 AM
Aidan~N~Haileys Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
<span style="font-family:Verdana">Well I went in Wednesday, the 19th at 6:30pm, to be induced, they inserted the cervidil around 7:30ish, took the dr forever to get there and man I was sooo hungry but didn't eat until an hour after the cervidil was put in and before then I ate at like 2ish..yea I was starving and watiting for the dr was making me sooooo mad!! haha..anyways than they gave me ambien to get some sleep, man it was good stuff. than around 4ish on Thursday morning they took out the cervidil and started me on pitocin. The entire time since I got hooked up to the monitor I was contracting, which I could not feel.

I started feeling contractions about 9ish and were not very painful and than they started really getting painful oh man. I was still about 1-2 cms, then about an hour later I had progressed to 2-3. Around 11:30ish I got my epidural, oh man I love that stuff!! haha..After about 10 mins my contractions calmed down, they were still painful but I could sit and sleep through them, which is what I did, when I woke up I felt no contractions at all, I was having regular contractions about 2 minutes apart and it was amazing..Anyways I got checked again around 12ish and i was about 4cm..My water broke at that time..and after that I kept progressing and about 4:10-4:15pm I was 10cm and ready to push..So we started pushing and it wasn't bad at first, but holy jesus the delivery part was the worst..I pushed for about 2 1/2 hours and Aidan was delivered at 6:41pm on Nov 20..he was 7 lbs and 11 oz, 21 inches long..labor was really long..And let me tell you the epidural started wearing off..Oh and I had to get an episotomy, NOT FUN I didn't feel her doing it but it hurt like a heck getting it stitched back up...His head was huge!! haha..

But I can't describe how I felt when he was out and laying on my stomach..I felt relieved, happy, and even started to cry a little bit, but not really. DH ever cut the ambilical cord, even though over and over again he said he wouldn't..Then they took him cleaned him off a little put medicine on his eyes, wrapped him up, put a cap on him and gave him to daddy while I got stitched up and getting the placenta taking out, which hurt also since her hands were up inside me getting it to detach and then pushing and massaging my belly, umm hello tender..and it hurt also..grrr..haha..But all went well...he cried like crazy..he kinda latched on in the first hour but not much..Around 8 we were brought into the recovery room and they took Aidan to the nursery..and brought him to us around 10ish I had to use a breast shield in order to get him to latch and suck, but it worked..He nursed for about 20 mins, 10 on each side.. Which I felt was progress..and holy crap did it actually hurt when he really started sucking..haha..I got a shower around 12ish and that felt sooooo good..

I think that's it for his birthing story..very memorable..I don't think I'll ever forget the experience, but it feels soo great to be able to hold him in my arms...oh and the dr also said that it's a good thing I was induced because if I waited til my due date or after I would have definetly ended up with a c-section because he was already almost 8 lbs and she had to give me an episotomy this time, she said he would have been too big to deliver later..I'm sooo glad we got the induction..well ya'll have a great night well morning!! haha..</span>

November 21st, 2008, 08:27 AM
sunshyne57's Avatar ~Angela~
Congratulations on your little man Amanda!! My DH said he wouldn't cut the cord either when my daughter was born but once he saw her, he had no problem doing it! I hope your recovery goes well and I can't wait to see pics of your little guy
November 21st, 2008, 04:11 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
congrats! can't wait to see him!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

November 21st, 2008, 07:57 PM
petalstarlace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Cant wait for pics!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search