~*Kyleigh Lynn Mabey*~

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 21st, 2008, 01:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
First off I want to say that being a Mommy is the most rewarding part thus far. She has completed me in more ways that I could ever imagine regardless of her being in the NICU. Well, here is how it all went down!

I had a normal Doctors appointment scheduled on Tuesday Nov. 18th. I went in and saw the midwife because my Doctor was in a c-section. So the midwife noticed me cramping and really getting uncomfortable so she checked me and I was almost 2 centimeters dilated. My doctor was on her way back and she checked me and kyleigh and Kyleigh was low (very low like my Doctor could feel her hair - thats how low she was I forget what station she told me I was at). So she decided to do a strip to see if my amnoitic was leaking and she determined it was in fact leaking and she suspected it to be a high leak because it hadnt gushed out. So she sent me to get all of kyleigh's things and go to the Hospital.

I got to the hospital about 2 that afternoon and they were full so I had to sit in the waiting room for about 45 minutes until a couple girls left and they got a room clean. They hooked me up to the monitors and checked me again and I was almost 4 centimeters and kyleigh was fully engaged ready to come out. So at this point it was about 6 in the evening and my Doctor came in and said we are having this baby once and for all. So they I guess got the operating room all together and the nurses together. The anesthiologist came in about 7 and gave me some antioboitics and some anti-nausea medicine so I didnt get sick in the operating room. After that they took me at 7:15 into the room.

Let me tell you that room was cold, clammy, and not very comfortable at all. They sat me on the table and put a numbing medicine in my back (I didnt feel it at all). By this point though I was so drugged on everything else they had given me I could of cared less what they did. So finally the spinal started to kick in almost instantly and let me tell you what a awkward feeling that was. I saw my legs but at this point looking at my legs they didnt look real to me. They almost didnt look like my legs. At any rate they started to cover me with the drape and called in DF. At 7:32 they made the incision and at 7:40pm Kyleigh was out and screaming so loud. My Doctor said that before she pulled her body out she was screaming. So we figured she had a good set of lungs on her!

They took her too the warmer and Justin got to take pictures with her and then they brought her to see me. At this point the spinal had started to give me the shakes so I unfortunatly wasnt aloud to touch her because of how shaky I was. DF and Kyleigh went back into our room and she got weighed, measured, and given a bath all before I got back into the room. Once DF left I started to panic a bit and when I panic I get pretty comical so I was making my Doctor laugh hysterically for about 20 minutes while she was stitching me up. She jokingly said that she should of charged me for a tummy tuck because my stomach popped right back to normal.

I was sowed up and then wheeled into my room by 8:05p. The whole procedure only took 55 minutes. To be honest I wouldnt have it any other way. It was so quick, painless, and easy. I didnt get to hold her for about a hour because I was shaking soooo bad. They couldnt even get my blood pressure because of how much I was shaking. As the night went on I got some quality time with her and she slept on my chest. Latched right onto nursing and things appeared to be normal. She developed irratic breathing and they had to transport her to a NICU unit. So far pretty much every 12 hours she has made progress and we get to loose another machine!

Doctors are saying by Monday or Tuesday (Nov. 24-25th) she should be home! Well, thats how my angel came into the world. Thanks for reading and sorry its soo long!
November 21st, 2008, 02:04 PM
Veteran
Thank you so much for telling your story. I'm totally with you on the c-section thing, it was so straightforward.

Kyliegh is adorable! Congrats to you and your family.

Will and Andy
November 21st, 2008, 02:49 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your beautiful baby again
November 22nd, 2008, 12:04 AM
Tia loves her Trinity!
55 minutes...you can't beat that!

November 22nd, 2008, 10:44 AM
JennyluvsDilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! She's a sweetie!

November 22nd, 2008, 10:49 AM
ally&bub's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations again, so glad she is doing great and the whole procedure sounds quite straight forward!

Welcome to the world Kyleigh!
November 23rd, 2008, 04:15 PM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing your story! Congratulations again on such a beautful little girl!

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

November 24th, 2008, 12:56 AM
punktart's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your little girl and thank you for sharing your birth story!

November 24th, 2008, 02:10 AM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations Jenn!! Thanks for shareing!!
November 24th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on a beautiful little girl!!
November 26th, 2008, 07:34 PM
.t.e.r.r.a.'s Avatar Proud to be a WAHM
Congrats! She is beautiful!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search