Aliana Nicole

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2008, 04:01 PM
Laura56's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I realized that I never posted Aliana's birth story. So here it is. I was overdue by two days and done with being pregnant. I took some castor oil. Well it worked. I took it at noon and started having contractions around 2 pm. Nothing regular or anything. Then around 5 pm they started getting stronger but still very irregular. I went in earlier in the day to my OB cause I thought my water had broken. I thought I had a slow leak. I just had too much discharge when I stood or sat up. I tested negative though. Well right before I sat down to dinner I went to the bathroom and there was a gush of fluid but I didn't want to get excited about it. Showed my DBF who thought it was my water too but we had too many false signs in the past week. So I sat down and ate dinner around 7:30 pm and when I stood up to get something I felt a gush again. I walked to the bathroom and when I went to sit on the toilet lots came out. I knew it was my water. Called my OB and he sent me to L&D.

Got to L&D and was still only 1 cm.. same as last week... and 90% effaced.. well he decided to stretch me to 3 cm. So they let me start contracting on my own. My contractions weren't very regular and were about 2-5 mins apart. They didn't do much to dilate me. I got my epidural around 1:30 am and at 3 am they checked me again and I was still 3 cm!!! They started the pitocin around 2:30 am. Well my mom stopped over around 5 am and I was talking with her. I was very comfortable with the epi and couldn't even move my left leg at all. I was starting to feel the contractions a bit but they weren't painful. Around 6 am I told them I was starting to feel some pressure. They came and checked me and 3 hours after I was 3 cm I was at 9 cm. So I went from 3 cm to 9 cm in 3 hours!!! There was just a lip of my cervix left. They called my OB in and we waited. He showed up before 7 am. He checked and said I was 10 cm. We did a test run of pushing around 7:40 am. He wanted to see if he should stay with me or do a circumcision first. After I pushed during one contraction he chose to stay with me. I pushed for 30 mins before she came out. She was really stubborn and wouldn't move too much. Then once her head came out that was it. The cord was around her neck. My OB took that off and she just flew out. She was peeing as soon as she came out!

I just felt burning and pressure. I did feel a great deal of burning at the top as she came out. Well turns out that burning and pressure was because I have a labial and urethral tear. I also got a 2nd degree tear at the bottom. He sutured up the bottom one and said the top two can't be fixed.. they should heal on their own.

Aliana Nicole came into this world at 8:08 am weighing in at 6 lbs 12 oz at 19 inches long. Her apgars were 9 and 9. She was immediately handed to me and we bonded for a bit until they cleaned her off and checked her out. She was supposed to be 7 lbs 6 oz a week before by u/s.. which would have made her almost 8 lbs at birth. Thank GOD she wasn't that big. If she did the damage to me and she is as small as she is, I can't even imagine if she was 8 lbs.

She is absolutely perfect. She has a huge head of dark hair and is just so sweet. She does have her days and nights mixed up though but we are working on that. We trying breast feeding. I tried that entire first day and then around midnight I broke down and was crying and gave her a bottle. She LOVED it. She really loves her bottle. She is already eat at least 2 oz every 4 hours or so. Although at night she likes to go about 1 1/2 hours max.. we are really working on that one. She is also a really spitty baby.. but I was a projectile vomiter so it's to be expected.

Otherwise I am just really sore and it hurts to pee so bad now. I did well the first day and a half and then it just hurt way too much. I can't really pee without screaming in pain. I have vicodin to take and that helps numb the pain a little bit.

We got home Halloween afternon and my DBF has already left me. He is in the reserves and has to go to virginia which is 4-5 hours away from here. It is manditory because it's about his deployment which should be around July. They are starting all the training and schooling this weekend and setting it all up. So I am all alone for my first night and weekend home with my baby girl. I'm probably gonna go to my parents for the weekend. I don't feel comfortable taking Vicodin when I'm by myself with the baby. But it is all doable.

I am just so happy that she is here and I get to hold her whenever I want to.

November 24th, 2008, 07:32 AM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
congrats hun she is gorgeous

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search