Gabriel Shea's Birth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2008, 10:36 AM
petalstarlace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
IM HOME!! Thankyouthankyouthankyou Ginni for updating everyone I hope this makes sense because I am really tired.

Okay so on Thanksgiving Day I woke up at 7 am and started the Turkey and stuff and then felt like complete crap all day. I was super-tired, super-irritated and the last thing I wanted to do was go hang out with the future in-laws...but I went. I was really really REALLY swollen all over and was just miserable. We watched the Dallas game and hung out and came home. We got a flat tire on the way home, I was like GO FIGURE, I will probably go in to labor right now with no tire on the car but we made it home.
Around 11:00 I started having some crampy contractions but I was absolutely convinced this was NOTHING. They weren't at all regular, they were really far apart, and I felt pretty normal so we went to bed around twelve. I woke up at 3am to a painful contraction and tried to sleep through them but I couldn't. I actually wasn't sure if it was a contraction or I just really needed to use the bathroom and to be honest with you I wasn't sure of this until they told me I was in labor at the hospital lol. Finally I couldn't sleep anymore so I started timing at 4AM. They were 10, 11, 9, 8, etc etc for two hours straight. I figured it was false labor but I kept timing and they stayed this way until 7 AM. That's when they were about 5, 6, 7, minutes apart. I was having to breathe through them a little so I went ahead and called L+D. They gave me the first time mommy speech and that it was nothing and to call when they were 2-3 mins apart if they ever got to be that close. They told me to just go about my normal morning routine and shower and have breakfast.
I got in and out of the shower a few times trying to decide if it was real labor. I walked around my kitchen some, I was starting to have to moan through the contractions. I decided that I was going to get back in the shower and do my hair and makeup because if I had to go to the hospital and get turned away that morning then I was going to do it looking FABULOUS.
I woke DF up when I got out and told him I thought I might be in early labor and he got up and started getting ready for work. I told him the situation while I was blow-drying my hair and he didn't believe me. It really ticked me off because he was still getting ready for work and I was like "HELLO WE ARE HAVING A BABY TODAY" and he's like "But I have to go to work" lol that really pissed me off and I just started bawling my eyes out. Then my contractions went immidiately to 2-3 minutes apart lol. I was determined to time them for an hour and ahalf and if they stayed this rate then I would go in.
Well they got WAY more intense and I was sure something was wrong after about three of them (still didn't really believe I was in labor) . I called my mom and told her I was in labor and going to the hospital as soon as another hour went by at this rate. She shows up ten minutes later and is like "Okay so you need to go to the hospital NOW". I told DF to finish packing the bag and he does it WHILE PUTTONG ON HIS WORK UNIFORM. I almost lost it lol. Finally I think he got the point but he still didn't believe I was in labor.
I called the nurse back and she begrudgingly told me to come in and she would check me but I probably had a lot more laboring to do. I said fine, I didn't care at that point I just wanted somene to tell me what the heck was wrong with me. We got to the hospital and got upstairs and they were like "You are walking through your contractions, you probably aren't in labor" ...then they hooked me up to the machines. I was having STRONG contractions completely regular at 3 minutes apart. She said she wanted to check me to make sure, so she did, and she goes "WOAH YOU ARE FIVE CM!" I immidiately asked for an epidural. She laughed and said she had to wait for bloodwork to come back.
The Dr. came in and checked me about fifteen minutes later and I was at a 6. He broke my water without even ASKING or WARNING me (which is the only thing about this entire birth experience that made me angry) and the contractions went from bad to WAY WAY worse, I was begging for an epidural but none came. This was total hell. I don't know how you ladies do this naturally, not this girl, no ma'am. They checked like thirty minutes later and I was at a 7-7 1/2 (I was going REALLY quickly) and the nurse piped in about maybe not being able to get an epidural in time. I lost it completely, I started freaking out. Finally I got my epidural (which hurt but nothing compared to contractions with your water broken) and I was a very happy happy lady. DF's family was there by then and I had a room full of friends and we were all giggling and it was great. Night and day!
It took about three hours to go the rest of the way to 10. I got to 9 with some lip and they had me do some little pushes to try and get it out the way. His head was at 0 and having some trouble coming down but then his heart rate dropped BAD and they were like "OKay one way or another (c-section/vaginally) he needs to come out SOON." so I started pushing.
My mom was there and so was DF. I did not want my mom there but she hinted she really wanted to be in the room and after what I had been through that day I did not feel like arguing so I let her stay. She later told me she was hoping I would ask her to leave because when it came down to actually pushing she was terrified (she wasn't awake for her own birth) and almost passed out (the woman's a nurse!).
I will admit that my Epidural was turned up way too high. I neglected to tell anyone this in fear of feeling another one of those terrible contractions. I couldn't feel anything lol. I pushed for an hour and ended up with a 2nd degree episiotomy because there was no way his head was coming out. I have never felt relief like the relief I felt when the head came out. The only thing that felt better was when the rest of him came out! He was beautiful and it was FOREVER until they let me hold him.
I am in loooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeee. What an incredible experience And on his due date too!!!
Okay
the part everyone really wants
PICTURES!!!
there's none of me because I was the size of the goodyear BLIMP and I DELETED THEM ALL!!!!

November 30th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Scoobyrae1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He is so handsome! Good work mama!

Thanks jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

November 30th, 2008, 11:04 AM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow--he's a cutie!!!! Thanks for sharing!

November 30th, 2008, 12:33 PM
iheartaddi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your DF is totally in love!!! Congrats!!

November 30th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
He is so cute! I love the look on your DF face in all of his pictures...you can tell he is tickled by his new little boy. Congrats...keep the pics coming please!

November 30th, 2008, 03:11 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Wow he is so adorable! And such a big boy! Congrats mama!

November 30th, 2008, 04:14 PM
whodatmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats honey! I am so happy for you. Thanks for taking the time to post your birth story and pics. Gabriel is beautiful.

November 30th, 2008, 04:45 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
you are absolutely welcome and congratulations on that beautiful boy!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

November 30th, 2008, 06:29 PM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
YAY congrats!!! He is so gorgeous and your DF looks so happy!

I was cracking up when you said you wanted to look fabulous at the hospital LOL. I totally put on some makeup before I went in too.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

November 30th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SweetiePeas&Me
Congrats! He is very handsome!!
November 30th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
hes beautiful! congrats!
December 1st, 2008, 02:05 AM
LucyRuth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats
December 1st, 2008, 05:21 AM
Thanks everybody I will put pictures of all of us up soon, here is one of me and him.

December 1st, 2008, 05:36 AM
~*Melanie*~
CONGRATS! He is so cute! The pics of your DF and him are adorable, he is so in love!
December 1st, 2008, 11:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
He's SOO CUTE! Congrats Ashley!

I agree, once they break your water the contractions are TERRIBLE!

MEG, mama to Blake (11/18/08) and Hudson (08/11/10)

December 1st, 2008, 11:22 AM
Mom4Life_11's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! What day was Gabriel born?

December 1st, 2008, 04:29 PM
Nov. 28th 4:52pm

December 1st, 2008, 05:30 PM
EVY&EGYsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
CONGRATS!!!! Was he born the 28th, right? Thats when I gave birth too!! You me and Marisa! We rock!

He is just so handsome- congrats again!!!!

December 1st, 2008, 07:07 PM
cadjma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to cadjma
Awww, he is sooo adorable! Good job momma, thank you for sharing. I love the pics

Maile 10/22/04 Aubrie 11/03/08 Gabbie 08/28/10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search