**Brooklyn Kay Marchoel**

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2008, 06:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Patsy
So, Im here to introduce Brooklyn Kay Marchoel She Weighed 7lbs 11oz and was 19 1/2 inches long!

So, DH and I were in charge of thanksgiving Dinner this on his side of the family and we decided to do it on the 25th so the WHOLE family could be there! Weve planned this dinner since mid september! Well, Monday (the 25th) we got up real early to start the turkey and Brisket since the brisket was going to take almost 10 hours and the turkey needed to be rubbed and all that good stuff... Well, We opened the Turkey and it didnt smell good so we decided not to do a Turkey and Just stick with Ham and Brisket and everything else that Family was bringing. About 11am DH decides were going to go out and buy a new turkey, He was worried their wasnt going to be enough food for everyone So, We had his sister come over to watch the food so we could run to town and find a fresh turkey.
About half way to the grocery store, I started getting really bad back pains, The kind that radiate down your tailbone and around your hips! I didnt think much of it since It ALWAYS hurts when I sit! Before we went to the store we had to stop and get gas and the pain started getting worse but bearable. My mom was there and she asked me how I was feeling and I told her I was doing good, I just needed a Advil for my back So, Iwe get in the car and head tward the store when the back pain became like totally weird and painful. DH asked if I thought They might be contractions and I said "No, Brooklyns brobably puching on ym spine" lol
All the way through the store I was hunched over trying to rub my back and "get Brooklyn to move off my spine" lol. On our way home I realized I was DEFFINETLY having contractions but still, didnt think much of it since I was trying to concintrate on our dinner. I had 14 contractions within the 17 minute drive home And DH kept telling me "ITS TIME" and Isaid I dont want to go in if im just going to get sent home to labor ya know?!?
We got home and put the turkey in the roaster, Thats when the pain was almost unbearable!!! I mean I tryed everything to get the back pain to go away and NOTHING was working. So I thought if I tryed to go poo it would help! Yeah right! When I went to the bathroom I noticed I was having TONS of bloody show! I yelled to DH and told him "I think Im in labor!" HOLY CRAP I never seen somebody get so nervous! He honestly didnt know what to do! I mean We had Food cooking everywhere and All the family was down, Not at my house thank god, They were across the way at his moms. So, to ease his mind, I called my sister to come bring me in to get checked... I Honest to god thought I was going to get sent home! So, SHe came and got me and off we went, The most Painful car ride I ever been in before, well, so i was thinking! We get to L&D and tell them whats going on and I get my little gown on. They strapped me up to all the moniters and sure enough i was having good contraction every minute and they were lasting 50 seconds a peice!!! They checked me and I was still dialated to a 2 possibly a 3. They told me Id be staying.... And I said "But I have Dinner on at home" and she told me "Well, I think your going to have to re-schedule" I called DH and told him what was going on and he was there in like 10 minutes! (Its normally about a 25 minute drive!)

So, after being in labor for 10 hours and nothing for pain, I asked for something through my IV and they gave me Stadol (SP) and man That stuff worked...for 20 minutes!!!! than Nothing.. Except Severe nausea!! I asked for more and they said no!!!! So I asked for my Epidural, and they said it would be 45 minutes and I was like in tears cuz of the back contraction! So, I toughed it out. I was scared to death about getting the EPI but The nurses reassured me that its nothing, It dont hurt. SO at around 10pm the EPI man came in and I was so scared my BP and HR went sky hight and I was shaking uncontrolably. DH stayed right there with me tho!

OHHH MAN! I LOVE THE EPI!!! It didnt hurt at all!! And they gave me a neat little button to push when i needed a "lil extra" lol

So all night long the nurses came in to change the pads and Stretch my cervix. (The Dr had to break my water and there was Maconium (SP) in the fluid.)
I got no sleep! Finally at 4am she said I was dialated to a 8!!! I was nervous to start pushing but I knew I had to lol!

11am rolls around and the nurses had me start pushing to see if the baby was comeing down... Well, Brooklyn turned sideways after my water was broken so everytime I tryed to push she would hit my hip. I really didnt know when to push cuz I couldnt d=feel the contraction, So THEY TURNED MY EPI OFF!!!! I coulda killed em! Alltho, My left leg was completly numb and I couldnt feel it. Well, the Dr comes in at noon and checks me and says "We need to have a baby now, Let me change my shoes" He changes his shoes and says he needs forcepts (sp) and thats when I got got scared! I mean So scared that I shut my eyes real tight cuz i didnt want to see what was going on! Well he got the forcepts in place and I had no choice but to push! OH MY GOD PAINFULNESS!!!!!!! He was tugging on her with them things and trying to get her in the right position all I could do was push through the pain! All the sudden, I felt her head starting to come out and honestly it was the most weird/awesome feeling ever! I felt her face and everything! And he told me to stop pushing so he could suck her nose and mouth out so she didnt get any Maconium in her lungs and kept says " I HAVE TO PUSH"!!" lol then he said on more and we'll have a baby! SO I freaking push my little heart out! and I felt her come the rest the way out, followed by all the fluid and what not, Amazing I tell you! Dr put her on my chest and All I could do was cry! She was Absolutly BEAUTIFUL! Still covered in fluid and gooey stuff but she was perfect! DH was in total awe over it! They had to take her straight to the nursery to get a bath and whatnot and DH stayed with me and my mom went to the nursery with her! I cryed for a good 5 minutes! It was the most emotional things Ive ever been through!

After I got all clean up and got up to use the restroom, They brought her into me! And they rush of tears came back! I could not get over the fact that I Indeed just gave birth to the most beautiful baby girl!

So was all bruised and puffy from t he forcept but Still, She lite up the whole room!

Okay, Now im super emotional over this so Im going to stop right there lol! We came home on Thanksgiving day! But after we got home I all the sudden was overwhelmed with emotion and all I wanted to do was cry! Seriously, I felt horrible! I stood outside my front door and sobbed almost all day long! For no reason! I seriously paced my apartment for hours trying to find something to do to get my mind off things! All I wanted to do is bury my head in the pillow and cry!
But... Buy saturday afternnon, I was feeling tons better! I didnt feel like crying anymore and since then... I been so darn happy with everything! DH is doing great with her, except hes so nervouse being by himself with her cuz shes so little. He says that when she gets a little bit bigger he'll be more of a help with her cuz he'll be alot more confortable with her holding her head up by herself and what not

For now, Im still figureing her out and all that good stuff!

So, Thats my story, and im stickin to it

Edited: lol i was real tired while typing this, She was 7lbs 11oz not 11lbs.. lol sorry!

December 1st, 2008, 10:20 PM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
12 lbs! omg woman good job!!!

December 2nd, 2008, 09:43 AM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
she was TWICE as big as Claire! geez wonder woman! congrats

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

December 3rd, 2008, 06:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Patsy
Sorry, There was a HUGE typo in there! She was 7lbs 11oz

July 16th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Regular
That's me, DH and our baby (-: she's going to be 5 this year!!!!! I can't believe this birth story is still up omg it made me cry!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search