Baby Lime becomes Aria Gail

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2008, 03:22 PM
mishymama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know how or where to start. I woke up the morning of the 26th unable to walk. At all. My hips were no longer horribly painful and full of pressure, they were simply locked in place. Completely. I think I looked like a cowboy in one of those old movies as I had to lean from side to side and try to swing my leg forward. I had a MW app't that day, and Kathy was amused watching me. She was hopeful that this meant progress and that perhaps Lime had engaged and that's what was causing the pressure and nerve locking stuff. I agreed to let her check me, although, I didn't actually expect that I had made any progress yet. To my surprise, I was 2-3 cm, closer to 3 and 50%. This was a very good sign, and Kathy was very excited. She also offered to let me try some prostaglandins to see if that would have any effect. She inserted the tablet and chatted and visited with us while we waited for it to dissolve. Nothing was visibly happening, so she left, and told me to call if things started happening. David ran out to pick up any last minute items we might need (like a hose to fill the birth tub) and some snack foods.

While he was out we were chatting via text about what sorts of foods to get, and around 3 PM I messaged him that I was starting to have some cramps. Still just cramps, but definitely early ctx type cramping that comes in a pattern. David came home and got things set up a bit and straightened up a bit while I played around on the computer. He ordered pizza for dinner and we put in a movie for the kids. I wasn't hungry, so I just sat and played on the computer/watched the movie with the kids. At 6:41 PM I posted on my DDC that I was definitely in early labor. "Yay! I've been having ctx since late afternoon. They're not too bad yet, but it is most decidedly labor! I'm just chilling here on the couch while the kids eat pizza and watch a movie. I'll keep you posted or call one of my DDB's depending on what time it is when Lime makes an arrival. Better get your boy/girl votes in on my poll!" I called my MW sometime between there to let her know that it was early labor, but I don't have the time for that call. I chatted with Jennifer(Kathy's daughter/assistant) about when to call back and ask Kathy to come. We were all expecting a baby sometime in the middle of the night. I wanted to give her a heads up to have things ready so I didn't surprise her in the middle of the night. In fact, when I called, I could time the ctx, as to when they were beginning, but was unable to pinpoint when they ended b/c they were still so light. They were about 2-3 minutes apart from the very beginning.

I'm not sure excatly when things changed. I had moved to the ball still watching the movie, and had the contraction master open to time the ctx. By now I was definitely feeling things, and was breathing through them and able to tell when they began and ended. Things really seemed to pick up quickly. I was soon struggling to remain quiet and didn't want to distract the kids, so I went and got in the bathtub for a bit. David followed me and kept suggesting that we call Kathy and I kept telling him it was way too early. He didn't believe me and decided he would at least start filling the birthing tub. Good thing he did! So he had Tad holding the hose for the tub, and he kept coming in to check on me and tell me that we needed to call Kathy. I really didn't want her to have to sit around for hours just staring at me and waiting on me, so I kept telling him no. At 7:37 PM I know that I was in the tub. That's when my sister text messaged me to ask how things were going. At 7:46 PM David decided to call Kathy. He talked to Jennifer who could hear me in the background and agreed that it definitely sounded as though it was time to head over. Jennifer had just gotten some food together for her 7 mo old, so Kathy left and Jennifer planned to follow after the baby had eaten. At that time I got out of the bath and decided to put my hair up in a ponytail. That's my "comfort" thing, and I put my sunglasses on top of my head as well. lol It took a couple of ctx to get this done b/c they were only about a minute apart at this time. I had David pushing on my hips because of the pressure I was feeling. I started to feel a bit sick and sent him for a bowl, just in case.

David sent the littles downstairs to play and had Nancy Cate on door duty. We opened the regular door and locked the glass storm door. She was to watch for Miss Kathy and let her in when she arrived. We could hear her down the hall as she hollered at the littles who kept coming upstairs to peek and see if they could see anything. She complained that they were interrupting her praying. She was nervous and praying that God would help Mommy and also let Baby Lime be born healthy. (I tear up just remembering.) Kathy said when she arrived she could see Nancy Cate sitting there with her hands folded, eyes closed, and her little lips moving.

After I fixed my hair, my concession that I was really and truly in labor, I moved to the bedroom to get into the birthing tub. I needed the pressure David would put on my hips at this point, so instead of sitting in the water I was up on my knees leaning on the side of the tub so that he could reach my hips. I thought that the nausea and the hip pressure must be transition, but I wasn't sure. I was terrified to believe it was true. I was scared that it wasn't and that I'd have to deal with this much intensity for hours yet. I was really scared. I didn't think I'd be able to handle this for that long. David was being really supportive, keeping up the pressure and encouraging me. He kept telling me that Kathy would be there in just a minute. Since I wasn't really sitting down in the tub, we decided to let Tad go downstairs and stop filling the tub.

Kathy arrived at 8:20 PM. At that point, the contractions were on top of each other, almost without pause. She came through the house, just walking out of her shoes. She sat on the floor in front of me and leaned in so that I would focus, and told me I was doing great and was almost done. Totally out of character for me, I yelled back "You don't know! You haven't even checked me yet!" (In case you're not aware, I don't yell at people. lol I am SO non-confrontational.) At this point she told us there wasn't enough water in the pool, so David called Nancy Cate in to hold the hose for us. 2 ctx later, it was clear that the baby was coming, and there wasn't going to be time to get enough water in the pool, so Kathy told me I had to get out of the tub. The baby was literally on the way out at this point, and there was no way I was going to be able to get out of the pool, so I leaned my front half out of the tub and stood up on my tiptoes in the tub. Kind of an inverted V position. As SOON as I did this, Lime's head and shoulders popped right out. I started yelling "Get it out! Get it out." Kathy and David were encouraging me to push, but I just couldn't. I don't know if it was the awkward position I was in or the problems with my hips and nerves, but I just couldn't push. I remember being very bewildered because I push babies out really easily, usually I've only had to push a couple of times and the baby was delivered. I couldn't understand why I couldn't push this time around. With the next contraction though, She just popped out, and there was instant relief! I sank back down in the tub as Kathy handed me my baby. I got to turn her over and look and make the announcement that our sweet baby Lime was in fact, a girl!

I sat in the tub with my baby girl on my chest, just absolutely amazed that I had done it! At 8:25 PM, I had delivered Baby Lime at home! I just cannot believe how blessed I am! We just sat and cuddled until the cord stopped pulsing. Then David cut the cord and he got to hold his baby girl for the first time. Kathy helped me out of the tub to try to deliver the placenta. She suggested that I squat, but my hips were still too messed up, so she set up a chux pad on the toilet and let me sit there to deliver. Afterwards, she helped me climb into bed, and Aria Gail just snugggled right down with me and started rooting. I asked Kathy to weigh her before I nursed her, then was amazed at how well she latched right on. Like a pro! By this time Jennifer had arrived as well, and we called the kids in to meet Aria. Jennifer had brought her 7 mo old son with her. Apparently this confused Elliot because the next morning he kept asking me where Isaiah was, and then told my sister that Baby Lime's name was Isaiah. She helped David get the pool set up to siphon out the window while Kathy did some minor clean up and some paperwork. The kids stayed for a while, then I handed Aria Gail to David so I could get a quick shower. It was so amazing and relaxed. I got into some pj's and climbed back into bed with my baby. Jennifer made me some dinner and Kathy tucked my older kids into bed and prayed with them. Jennifer left then and Kathy came back to talk to David and I for a few minutes and pray with us as well before she headed home. It was so amazing! David and I got to snuggle with our newest blessing in our room alone and just savor these new moments with our family.
December 2nd, 2008, 03:42 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awww- she is beautiful!

If you had just waited a few more hours she would have been born on the same day as I.

It sounds like you had a beautiful, relaxed and loving birth. I always think that prayers said at birth have something special about them- it's just such a holy time.

Congratulations- and you chose a beautiful name. Aria is on our list

December 2nd, 2008, 03:49 PM
Christy72
Wow what an amazing experience. I am so glad you got a home birth. That had to be very rewarding. She is just too cute!
December 2nd, 2008, 05:53 PM
LindensMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds amazing hun! I'm glad you had a really good home birth! =) I 'aww'd' at nancy praying at the door - that's adorable!

December 2nd, 2008, 06:40 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is a beautiful story, can't think of a more perfect way to bring a baby into the world
December 2nd, 2008, 09:26 PM
.t.e.r.r.a.'s Avatar Proud to be a WAHM
Wow a home birth sounds like such an amazing experience! I wish I wasn't such a sissy when it comes to pain otherwise I would opt for a home birth for sure! Congrats!
December 2nd, 2008, 09:34 PM
elletowe's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to elletowe
Awe, I'm all teary eyed

</div>
December 2nd, 2008, 09:37 PM
LenaandBaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LenaandBaby Send a message via Yahoo to LenaandBaby
Thanks for sharing your great story
December 2nd, 2008, 11:34 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for shareing, what a great birth story!
December 3rd, 2008, 05:29 AM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Beautiful story Sacha, and Aria is gorgeous. Congratulations to you I'm so glad it went quickly for you.

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

December 4th, 2008, 10:34 AM
littlebabydolly
Great story! She is so beautiful.
December 4th, 2008, 05:15 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a beautiful story!! She is soooooo beautiful and has the most amazing lips!!!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

December 4th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What an amazing experience Sacha! Thank you for sharing with us!

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

December 5th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like it was a great experience. Thanks for sharing.
December 7th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Awwww! Congratulations, hon, she's soooo beautiful!!!!
December 8th, 2008, 08:39 AM
punktart's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is a beautiful birth story! And Nancy Cate praying by the door had me in tears, that is too precious. Your story is an inspiration to me.

Welcome to the world Aria!

December 10th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Bella_Luna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She is absolutely gorgeous!! Congrats and WTG on the home birth! How amazing that must have been

December 11th, 2008, 02:43 AM
ally&bub's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She is the cutest little thing! I especially love that pic in your sig, she is just yummy! Congrats and well done mummy! x
December 12th, 2008, 11:48 AM
MamaBx3
Beautiful story Congrats again!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search