Blake Stratton

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My little guy was showing no sign of wanting to make his appearance and I had been 1cm and 70% effaced for 5 weeks straight that the doctor decided to go ahead and induce. It was my decision, I was so done with being pregnant. I did wish that I would go into labor on my own but it never happened.

On Monday Nov. 17th I went to the hospital at 3pm to start the cervidil. I got my IV as well and just hang out with DH that night watching TV. At 5 am they came in and I was still only 1 cm dialated, it did NOTHING! I was starting to get discouraged that the induction was not the right thing to do. Well they started pitocin at 5am and my contractions were very regular but I didn't feel a thing. They gave me a shot of stadol around 6am so I could sleep for a few hours since I had been up all night. I immediately felt the drugs and could not stop laughing!! I thought everything was so hilarious and all the nurses came into the room to laugh with me, it was great! After my laughing spell subsided I wanted to call everyone I knew. My husband was like NO, it's 6 am people are sleeping but I insisted so I started calling. I felt and I know I sounded really drunk and everyone thought it was great that I felt so good while in labor. I told my family that the doctor would be in around 8 am to break my water and they should come then.
I was able to get some sleep for about an hour, then I got up and did my makeup and hair before my family arrived, I know I am crazy. Everyone arrived at 8am and we just sat there waiting for the doctor, my contractions were about 3-4 minutes apart and even though the stadol had worn off I didn't feel a thing. The doc arrived at 9 and broke my water. I IMMEDIATELY started feeling the contractions and the pain got bad very fast. I was still only 2 cm dialted and was getting very worried that he didn't want to come that day. I sent my DH to get some breakfast with our dads while my sis, mom and MIL stayed with me. I can honeslty say I was only in labor about 1 hour (that I could feel) By 10am I needed the epi and the doctor came in a few minutes later to give it to me. I was so relaxed and not scared at all, so I didn't feel a thing, not even pressure when he gave it to me. I felt the affects immeidately but it DID NOT take away the pain, so he came back 10 minutes later and gave me more, that did the trick. I was so numb and couldn't move my legs but at least I didn't feel anything. My husband came back from breakfast and I already had the epi, he missed the whole thing, and the few hard contractions I had. By noon I was 7 cm and at 3pm I was completely dialated and ready to push. I touched up my hair and makeup once more before getting the show on the road, lol.
I pushed for about an hour and a half but it didn't seem long while I was experiencing it. I felt absolutely NO PAIN, only the urge to push during each contraction which were 1 1/2 minutes apart. For the majority of the pushing it was just DH, myself and our amazing nurse, so it was super intimate and peaceful. At 4:21pm Blake Stratton was born. He arrived screaming at the top of his lungs! He weighed 8 lbs 6.5 oz and was 21.5 inches long. I was so shocked at all the hair he had and was immediately so in love. Dh and I spent some time with him and tried to get him to nurse, he wanted nothing to do with it and got pretty pissed at the boob. Our families then came in to see him before he was sent to the nursery.
Overall my birth experience was amazing and not at all like I thought it would be. I love my husband more than ever and actually can't wait to have another baby soon!

MEG, mama to Blake (11/18/08) and Hudson (08/11/10)

December 4th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you had a great experience....thank you for sharing!

I bet your labor with your next baby will be a breeze! Congrats on your new family!

December 4th, 2008, 08:55 AM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
sounds like you had fun congrats!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

December 4th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Lv2Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How terrific that your labor went so well. Congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search