Noah David Gregory

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2008, 09:37 AM
MamaBx3
*sorry its so long*

On Wednesday morning I woke up. Felt fine -- just normal morning cramps that I usually get. I had a glass of orange juice and some cinnamon raisin toast.. Came on JM, replied to 2 or 3 posts then started feeling a weird stitch-like pain in my right side. I didn't think anything of it .. then I got up to walk back to the kitchen and could barely stand. I got scared because it felt like something was going to explode in my tummy. I called my mom. She came and got me and my dad stayed with the girls.
By the time I got the the hospital I could barely move at all.. I was in tears, the pain was excruciating. They hooked me up to the monitor and came me pain meds immediately. I wasn't showing any contractions (which I knew.. it didnt feel like contractions at all). My uterus showed some irritability but thats it. They did blook work checking my placenta, gull bladder and appendix - all came back normal.
This was around 9 am. The dr came back in.. check my cervix. Still long and no change. Then she noticed that I was starting to have some mild contractions. She left me for an other hour then came back and said I was a bit more dilated- so she did a stretch and sweep but couldn't reach the bag of water to break it. (I couldnt even believe she was considering this since I was only 37 weeks!)
I started to get some really good contractions .. I had about 5 and with each one Noah's heart rate went down to 85 or 90 bpm. She checked me again and no change at all. (oh - by this time Jeremy was walking through the door and my mom was leaving.)
So.. she left again and came back. She had a really concerned look on her face. She explained that with each ctx he was showing decelerations in his heart rate.. she said that since my cervix was still so long there was no way for her to get a wire up there to attach to his head to monitor him closely. She said that an emergency csection would be the best thing for us both.. I was in complete shock. It was like a couldn't hear anything.. I looked at Jeremy and he was just nodding his head and looking at me then at the doctor then at me..
That was at 1:30 pm .. they were ready for me at 2 pm .. I was shaking I was so scared This was not what I wanted - I had my whole birth plan in my head and knives and staples were not a part of it!
They got me in there.. the room was terrifying Not nice and cozy feeling like the labor & delivery rooms I went in alone.. just with my nurse. My anesthesiologist was a sweetheart.. I loooooved him. The epi was nothing like I expected - I thought it was going to really hurt and it was nothing. Then they laid me down - I started to laugh because the feeling of my legs (or lack there of) .. then I had an over whelming feeling of nausea .. I started to panic but my nurse and the anesthesiologist were very reassuring and tried to keep me calm. They put the blue sheet up .. The put the catheter in.. Such a weird feeling with a csection - you can feel touch but no pain.. so so strange. Anyways.. by the time Jeremy came in they were well under way .. I just wanted him to keep talking to me beacuse I didnt want to hear anything. I felt tons of pressure.. pulling and tugging .. then when they pulled him out I felt SO much lighter. Like a million pounds was lifted off me. He wasn't crying at all so I was really concerned.. the pediatricians were yelling over to me that he was fine he just needed some oxygen and to be suctioned. then he finally started to cry .. i started bawling They brought him over and he was so beautiful.. I got to hold him while they fixed me up. He only had one eye open and was covered in TONS of vervix.. he looked like someone had poured mozzarella cheese all over him
Then Jeremy took him and I headed to recovery.. I couldnt stop laughing like an idiot .. the nurses thought I was hilarious. Every time they'd try to get me to move my legs I would laugh hysterically because I just couldnt move them at all. It was so weird.
He was born at 2:38 pm and I didnt get back into my room to see him until 5 pm I dont even remember getting to my room. My mom said I didnt even ask for him or about him or anything. . I just sat there. Not being able to hold my baby and bond immediately with him after birth was the hardest part of this entire ordeal. I don't even remember the first 5 hours of being in my room with him
Around 10 or 10:30 pm I started coming around a bit. I was SO itchy omg.. I felt like I was going to itch my skin off. My nose is still itchy

Sorry this is all over the place.. I still feel like Im flying around the room
Noah weighed 7 lbs 2 oz and is 22 inches long He is SO long and SO skinny. His arms are extremely long. His discharge weight yesterday was 6 lbs 10 oz.

Here are a few pics of the lil dude himself.

December 6th, 2008, 09:52 AM
chlodoll
Congratulations! He is gorgeous!

Did they ever discover the cause of the pain your were feeling? How are you recovering? Isn't having a csection the weirdest thing ever??!
December 6th, 2008, 10:21 AM
LenaandBaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LenaandBaby Send a message via Yahoo to LenaandBaby
Congrats!
Interesting story, I had no idea you went through all that, must have been scary
Glad everyone is healthy and safe at home
December 6th, 2008, 11:31 AM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing!! What an ordeal you had...congratulations on Noah, he is just precious!

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

December 6th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
He is adorable Britanie, congratulations!

I'm sorry things didn't go as you wanted. Most importantly, he is healthy and there were no complications.

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

December 6th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Brittnic's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm sorry you didn't get the natural birth you wanted but your baby boy is gorgeous. It sounds like you handled everything very well. I still wonder what was causing the pain you were having. I guess they never figured that out.

December 6th, 2008, 12:31 PM
MamaBx3
Thanks girls!
They have no idea what was causing the pain.. The OB said that it was most likely just the beginning of labor and shes glad that I went in when I did.

Im just glad hes healthy. He's having a hard time maintaining his body heat but they told me thats perfectly normal and that he'll get better at it. We are keeping him bundled up .. Im nervous to bath him.
December 6th, 2008, 12:31 PM
LindensMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww he's adorable! I'm sorry about the c-section but am super glad that they were able to get Noah out safely and quickly and you guys are both alright and at home!! Congratulations!!!!! He's beautiful!

December 6th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Christy72
He is so gorgous. I am so sorry the birth didn't turn out like you wanted, but he is here and healthy. If you have any c-section questions let me know. When I was in recovery I kept itching my nose, lol. it was terrible. They finally gave me some medication to help.
December 6th, 2008, 01:00 PM
.t.e.r.r.a.'s Avatar Proud to be a WAHM
Wow what a story! One second I'm tearing up, and the next I am laughing...LOL because of you laughing about not feeling your legs... I can just picture it, haha. I am glad he is a happy healthy baby, and that you are doing so well!
December 6th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to sirvingmaicie
Horrible story, whit a good outcome, and such a beautiful Baby!
CONGRATS!

December 6th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Starzy Send a message via MSN to Starzy
What a beautiful baby!!!! I love the 2nd picture of him!

Sorry that the birth didn't end up being what you expected, but the main thing is he's here and he's healthy!! Congrats again!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
December 6th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i agree with you 100% about the c-section I got SUPER itchy too and itched no joke for like a week! They told me it was the spinal that caused me to itch. I was making my nurses and my doctor laugh hysterically too (i do that when i get nervous! )

atleast all is well and he is healthy and you are healthy he is beautiful congrats!
December 6th, 2008, 05:43 PM
*threesweetpeas*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a great story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is so beautiful Britanie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Congrats!

~Homeschooling ,Breastfeeding, Sleep Sharing Mama!!~

Jasmine
December 6th, 2008, 06:07 PM
dorkymommy
Wow...quite the story you have! I'm glad that everything turned out okay! Maddy was 22in long at birth too...but she was just under 9lbs...he must seem very thin, but looks wonderful in his pictures....he's a cutie! How are the girls taking to him?
December 6th, 2008, 08:13 PM
elletowe's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to elletowe
you both look great. glad everything went ok. congrats

</div>
December 7th, 2008, 03:48 PM
MamaBx3
Thanks ladies!

Vae is so interested in him.. she wants to help with everything, just as I expected. Sophia could care less She doesnt have any interest in him and shes showing no sign at all of jealousy (so far)

December 8th, 2008, 08:41 AM
punktart's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry that you didn't get the natural birth you wanted. I am glad to hear that everything worked out for the best though, and that you and Noah are here safe and sound. He is truly precious.

Thank you for sharing your birth story.

December 8th, 2008, 05:40 PM
JennyluvsDilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that must have been real scary at first! I'm glad to hear everything turned out good and you're both healthy!

December 9th, 2008, 02:37 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brit he is absolutely precious!! i bet you are thrilled to death with him! Congrats! I'm glad that although it wasn't the birth you desired, it all turned out just fine and he's here safely!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search