Chase William

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am just getting a chance to write Chase's birth story!

I checked into the hospital on November 19th for induction. My husband was on duty so my MIL and son took me and dropped me off at 7:30pm.
My BP was high but they thought it may have been due to nerves so they went ahead and put the cervidil in and monitored my contractions which I was already having about 5 minutes apart and were very regular. At midnight my BP was still high so they decided I needed to start magnesium because nothing else they were giving me was making it go down.
I was really upset cuz I'd heard awful things about it and DH was on duty and I really didn't want to go on it without him. They told me to call him but I didn't want to call and wake him up at the fire dept so after talking to the nurses and realizing the best thing for me and Chase was the meds I went ahead with it.
It made me SO sick. I was sick most of the night and when the doctor got there the next morning I was only dialated to a 3 and 80% effaced. She went ahead and broke my water and started pitocin.
So far my labor wasn't going like I had planned cuz I was stuck in bed with the magnesium!

My contractions picked up almost immediately and continued to get stronger. I am not really sure what time it was when they checked me and I was a 5 and contractions were really really uncomfortable. I got my epidural around 5cm and was comfortable for awhile. Then my contractions started to pick up again and with every contraction about 1-2 minutes apart, Chases heart rate was dropping down to the 40's and 50's. Nothing I did was making it better. Positions or stopping pitocin so the doctor decided that the best thing was an emergency c section!

I was devistated. I had never had one and really didn't expect to have one so I felt like a failure.

Once they got me in there with the magnesium and everything else they were giving me I was even sicker! Troy finally got in there with me and the pediatrician got there and they got started. Chase came out crying which was such a relief! They had originally thought that the reason his heart rate was dropping was because of a cord compression. But that wasn't the case.

My placenta looked "old". Apparently with my High BP it had caused my placenta to start going bad early so it was a very good thing we were there and started the induction. Had I been at home laboring I would have never known he was being affected by it and my placenta could have easily torn away.

So all in all things went okay. Chase is a healthy little boy.
Tiny but healthy.

He weighted 6lbs 13 oz. and was 20 1/2 inches long. He has grey eyes and reddish light brown hair!
My other babies were all bigger than this so he is such a little guy.
I've nick named him Munchkin.

I ended up spending 3 days in the hospital after I had him. The recovery from the c section has taken a lot longer than I had expected.

I am very thankful that Chase was okay and feel like God was looking out for us.

Today he is 2 weeks 2 days old and weights 7lbs 12 oz. So he's gaining and eatting really well.

That is all I can remember right now. I wish I could remember more. I just haven't felt up to getting on and typing this before now!

Chelsie - 8/14/1995, Ty - 9/11/03, Chase - 11/20/2008
December 7th, 2008, 09:41 AM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
Congrats!

November 19th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay.. Just decided to come read my birth story from Chase! He is such a sweet little man! I am so glad I wrote this.. And need to print it and put in his babybook!

My little man is 1 tomorrow!
Love him bunches!

Chelsie - 8/14/1995, Ty - 9/11/03, Chase - 11/20/2008

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search