Charlie Frances Susan!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2008, 05:56 PM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin
I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes at 30 weeks and put on insulin at 34 weeks. Charlie was measuring pretty much on target my whole pregnancy, but because I was insulin dependent they decide to induce at 39 weeks. I was really was hoping she would come on her own before..i wanted to avoid petocin and have as natural of a childbirth as i could tolerate. We were to check in at 7 pm on Monday the 1st. DH has class on Monday nights so me and my mom headed down to L&D just to be told to go home and wait for them to call because they didnt have a bed for me. After 10 months of waiting whats another couple hours really......HA! It worked out because DH 's class was out and we were able to go to the hospital together. We got our L&D room. They hooked me up to monitors, and checked me. I was 1cm and 80% effaced which made me happy...my body was ready. They put in the cervixdel and we attempted to sleep for the night. I felt my back cramp up in the night. I didnt think they were contractions really because the pain didnt seem to come and go...it was just constant. Doc came in at 9 to check me at start the pitocin. I was 2-3cm! He broke my water and commented on my high pain tolerance! I started feeling the contractions immediately. From the get go my nurse kept talking about the epideral. Now i was never against getting an epideral, but i really wanted to see how much i could take....i wanted to experience it. I knew because i was getting induced that it would most likely be a more intense labor. I handled labor very well. Very quiet. Dh massaging my lower back and inward meditation really helped a ton. By 3 i was 5cm and the labor was intense. The nurse by then had asked about 6 times when i wanted the epideral...it sucked really. I mean i didnt want to say no..but i didnt want to say yes or be asked a ton either. Everyone kept telling me i didnt have to be a super hero, but I knew that i could handle more. I had the epideral put in at 3. After it was in a didnt feel the sharp constant pain of the contractions, just a little dull ache. I felt like it made me a little high to which i wasnt expecting. They put in the cahtador and there I layed. About an hour later I started feeling contractions on one side of my body...they were peaking at that point. They gave me more of the epideral stuff and eventually i couldnt feel anything. Doc came in in at 645 to check me. I was 10 and ready to push!!! I dialated 5 cm in 2 hours! This is the only time i started to cry...i got scared and excited all at once. The checked my sugars like they had been the whole time, and my sugars were low...45. I had to stall on pushing so they could give me some sugar water. Once my sugar was back up i started pushing with the nurse and DH. After 3 pushes on the first contraction i was told to stop because she was right there! Doc came in and in 3 pushes she was out! They laid her on my naked chest and i put her to my breast immediately..which was super important to me. They didnt take her off to clean her till i told them to. When they finaly did they weighed her and she 2as 7.03 lbs! A week earlier they said she was measuring 8lbs! So glad my GD didnt affect me angel! She was perfect. Loud,beautiful, not to big, and pink. Her sugar was perfect and she never left my side. Because of the stupid epidermal i felt awfully inadequate. i could lift myself to feed her right..i couldnt get up when she cryed...i felt very disconnected. They got us back to to post partum room and the nurse showed me how to clean myself and kept coming in to help me pee...which i couldnt. they said they were giving me an hour they putting a cahtador in if i didnt pee. finally i did....guess my bladder was still asleep or something. as soon as the epi wore off i realized how much pain i was in. i guess i wasnt prepared for the after math. Me and DH were in the hospital until Thursday afternoon. It was nice to be in such close quarters to bond with our daughter with out that much of a distraction. The most painful part of the whole experience was when i got home from the hospital. I got hemorrhoids from labor and i had my first umm "movement". i was on my hands and knees bawling. i would have chosen to labor for days compared to what that felt like. ugh. Several laxatives later...things got moving..ugh.

I loved labor, loved it. the pain came from love. hated the epi. Hated not being able to move around during labor, hated not being able to really see what i could do on my own. My goal, especial because of the GD was to have a healthy baby by any means. Next time i will try my hardest to be at a birthing center. I now know how strong i am.

I have the most healthy beautiful little girl. Breastfeeding had gone perfectly. I am truly blessed!

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

December 8th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Christy72
What a great story Bre, I am glad it went so well.
December 8th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! thanks for sharing.
December 8th, 2008, 09:11 PM
punktart's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! Welcome to the world Charlie!

December 8th, 2008, 10:32 PM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Beautiful story. Thanks for sharing.

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

December 9th, 2008, 02:46 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
welcome to the world Charlie!! thanks for sharing your story!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

December 9th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
what a great story! congrats
December 9th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing your story and congrats!!
December 9th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Heatherjfitz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great story! Thanks for sharing it with us! Gives all of us "next in line" a hint of what's coming! Congrats again! Charlie is beautiful!!

December 10th, 2008, 04:30 PM
shannaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bre, that is so wonderful and touching. I'm so glad she is perfect and healthy....thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks to Vicki for my gorgeous siggy!

December 10th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Bella_Luna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats Bre! It sounds like your induction went very smoothly! Your little girl is so precious

December 11th, 2008, 02:29 AM
ally&bub's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ahh, these stories make me cry every time! It sounds awesome and Charlie is sooo beautiful! Congratulations again mummy! x
December 12th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great story Bre, thanks for sharing.
December 12th, 2008, 11:41 AM
MamaBx3
Aw, great story, Bre!
Congrats again!
December 12th, 2008, 06:34 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great story, congrats

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: