Dilyn Airiana's arrival!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2008, 06:19 PM
JennyluvsDilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! So I am just now finding some time to get on here and post my birth story! I swear this last week has just flown by, DH went back to work today....tear. Anyway, I went into the hospital Monday the 1st at 7:00pm for my schedule induction. The first nurse we had told me I was at 1cm and about 75% effaced. She gave me some gel to try and get things going some more so for the next couple hours me and DH just hung out and watched DVD's. After the couple hours I got my IV's for the pictocin and penicillan since I was GBS+. A few more hours went by and as they did my contractions started and got more intense. After 12 hours of labor and contracting I asked for my epi. I felt like the nurse that was on at that time didn't really want to give it to me! She kept saying "well lets make sure you progress nicely." I was 5cm dialated at this point so I was starting to get mad that she seemed in no big hurry. FINALLY the guy came in with the epi. It didn't hurt at all except for the contractions I was having as he was inserting it! Once the epi was in it was all gravy. I loved that I couldn't feel the pain anymore. I tried to get some sleep but since they had the blood pressure thing on me and it was going off every 1/2 an hour or so it was impossible, plus they had to flip me from side to side every so often as well. DH got some zzz's in though and I relaxed in preparation for the main event and listened to my relaxation music. At around 3:30pm on the 2nd another shift change happened and a new nurse came in and checked me, she turned up my pictocin and the next time I saw her a couple hours later she said I was there and could start pushing! She said she couldn't believe I progressed the rest of the way that fast. They had another guy come in and "turn down my epi" DH and the nurse held my legs as I pushed. She said my doctor was on her way. She also said that she didn't think I would have to push long at all...well almost 1 hr and 1/2 later I was still pushing and feeling everything! Ahhhh! I guess little Dilyn was having a hard time getting past my pelvic bone area and the doc (had arrived at this point) had to turn her little head a little too, so she would come out the right way. Towards the end I looked over and my lovely DH was video taping!!! I am so glad he did though because it is truly a miracle and now I have that to always watch and look back on. So close to three hours of pushing and 24 hours of labor our sweet baby Dilyn finally came into the world! Healthy and just amazing....7lbs. 7oz. and 20 in.! I held her for a bit and then they took her to the warmer and DH got to be with her. I tore just a little so as soon as the doc was done stitching me up they brought her back over to me and I tried breastfeeding. She actually latched on and ate a little! We were so excited! It is truly unexplainable the way I feel as a new mommy. I couldn't be more blessed with my little angel and supportive DH. I can't wait to hear all of your stories as well and wish all the best to the new mama's and the mama's still waiting for there little ones arrival!

December 8th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Christy72
Congrats and thanks for sharing.
December 8th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing! Congratulations!
December 8th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
Congratulations!

December 8th, 2008, 09:13 PM
punktart's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for sharing your birth story. Welcome to the world Dilyn.

December 8th, 2008, 10:34 PM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww, thanks for sharing. As a first time momma who hasn't delivered yet these stories are very helpful to me.

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

December 9th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing your story and Congrats!!
December 10th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Bella_Luna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like you had a great L&D experience! Congrats on your little girl

December 11th, 2008, 02:40 AM
ally&bub's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations, she's a little stunner!
December 12th, 2008, 06:28 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search