Christian Craig

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2008, 03:31 AM
~*Lisa*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here is my birth story...hopefully i will get it finished in one go lol

Monday 1st dec
I went in for my weekly check-up and i had a membrane sweep. She said it was a good one and she didnt think she would see me next week. We went home and i felt a little tender but not in any pain. I was having lots and lots of bloody show. I had an early night and just relaxed.

Tues 2nd dec
When i woke i felt a little funny..not ill, but i just felt weird. I asked Craig where he was working and he said about 45 minutes away. I asked him to please make sure he kept his phone on. He asked if i was ok and i said yes, i just felt funny. He left and i had some breakfast and watched some tv and lay on the couch.About an hr later at 9:40 i sat up and felt a little gush. I went to the toilet and checked and my pants were wet. I wasn't sure if it was my waters or discharge so i phoned my midwife to ask. As i was on the phone it started trickling down my legs and i tod her my waters had broken. She told me i could stay in the house just now but she wanted to see me within 6 hrs.

I phoned Crag and told him his son was on his way and to come home. He kept saying, are you sure? are you sure?, lol i said Craig my waters have broke yes i am sure lol. I phoned my parents and asked them to come over too. Luckily and strangely they had both taken a few days off work!

Once Craig and my parents got here i ran a bath and shaved my legs, i was having contractions but they were managable and i didnt feel any rush to leave for the hospital.

We had lunch and just took our time, then at 2pm we left so i could go get checked and have a swab taken to check for infecton.

We got to the hospital around half past 2 and the midwife checked me and i was only 2 cm.She told me to go home and stay there for as long as i could. If nothing happened i was to come back at 12pm on the 3rd to be given the drip. We left and went home. My parents had taken the girls to their house after school so it was just the two of us at home. I was starving so Craig made me the biggst fry-up ever!!!! I ate the whole lot. My contrctions started to get really strong and i started using the contraction master. By 8pm they were agony...4 minutes apart and lasting 45 seconds so i decided to go get checked.
When we got to the hospital aroud 8:40pm and i was checked again only to be told i had only reached 3cm.....wth???? all that pain and only 3cm. She wanted me to stay and bounce around on the yoga ball to help open up my pelvis and try get things moving. The contractions were pretty regular and were begining to really really really hurt but i was managing to breathe through them. I done this for 3 hrs and she said she would check me again at half past 12am.

Wednesay 3rd Dec
At 12:30 am my midwife checked me and old me i was ony 4cm.....no way, no wayyyyy. I was devestated...i was begging her for pain relief, these contractions were agony and were now bringing me to my knees, Craig was begining to get upset about my level of pain. She told craig the best thing would be to admit me to the ante-natal ward and he was to go home for some rest. She said i was not in established labour and she would phone him to come back in a few hrs.
At 1am i was given 2 co-codomal(someting you take for headaches) and they left me in my bed. I was up on my knees within 30 minutes and i was in agony...i knew something was happening and pressed my buzzer. She asked if i was having pressure and i said yes through gritted teeth. She ran for a wheelchair while the other midwife phoned craig (40 minutes after he left) and told him to come back. I couldnt sit on the wheelchair and had to hold myself up while they quickly wheeled me dowstairs to delivery. I was down in delivery and checked,I was now 8 cm.......1 hr 30 minutes after they told me i was not in established labour . Craig got there just as i got the urge to push....the midwfie FINALLY gave me gas and air......omg you do not know the relief i felt at finally having some decent pain relief. She told me to start pushing, and 20 minutes later Christain Craig was born with a huge set of lungs...he was screaming and it was such a wonderful noise. The relief i felt at it being over was huge.
So 1 hr 57 minutes after telling me i was not in established labour he was born....how wrong they got that!!!!!

Christain Craig
3/12/08 2:27am
6lbs 6oz
51cm

December 10th, 2008, 04:20 AM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing Lisa!
December 10th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Overall, it sounds like a smooth labor and birth, congratulations!

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

December 10th, 2008, 10:13 AM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing, he is ADORABLE!

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

December 10th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on an adorable little one. Thanks for sharing your story.
December 10th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Bella_Luna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awww what a sweet little boy! I'm glad you finally got your pain relief! Congrats!

December 11th, 2008, 02:39 AM
ally&bub's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ahh, that sounds crazy! I'm so glad he's here for you, he is such a little beaut! x
December 11th, 2008, 09:02 AM
punktart's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! Welcome to the world Christian.

December 12th, 2008, 11:46 AM
MamaBx3
Congrats girl!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search