Miss Kaitlyn Bailey has arrived!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2008, 12:46 PM
dorkymommy
Words can't even express the way that I'm feeling right now...other than exhausted I mean!

Kaitlyn Bailey entered the world in a bit of a surprising manner...but I'm not going to complain! Let me start at the beginning....

Early in the morning on Dec. 9th we were putting up the Christmas tree when I started feeling...well, like something was going on a little bit. I wondered if maybe my "water" had started leaking, but I wasn't sure. I was up and down and squatting and everything to put up the Christmas tree and ornaments when I started to feel that way. At first I didn't really think much of it because it's normal to have discharge and everything...so I thought it was just that. We all went to bed around 6:00 that morning (I know, I know). I woke up 3 and a half hours later to feeling VERY wet so I quickly got out of bed and headed for that bathroom...by the time I made it there, my undies and shorts were soaked...I went pee and after standing again, I saw that I was still leaking. I woke Bill up, shaking uncontrollably, and told him that I thought my water had broken. He got up...I hopped into the shower and he called the hospital. They told me that they wanted for me to go in to make sure that it was my water that had broken. The weather was stormy...and we took our time getting ready. Right before we left I went to the bathroom again and this time I had bloody show along with the leaking...it was then that I REALLY knew that something was going on! We left for the hospital around 12:20....I was having very small and inconsistent contractions...but where my water had already broken, we still needed to head out.

Once we got to the hospital, they confirmed that it was indeed my water that had broken, so they did an exam which showed that I was high and closed...no dilation or anything. Talk about feeling frustrated! After talking about how things went when I labored with Maddy, it was decided that they would hook me up to some Pitocin to get things going...because my body has a hard time doing it on it's own. 3 nurses, 1 anesthesiologist, and 7 pokes later, they got the IV in (ouch!)...I was a little bit dehydrated and they were having a hard time finding a vein....eh...that was seriously no fun! So, after an hour or so of poking me and finding new people to try poking me, we were all hooked up to the Pitocin...and things started to finally progress...that was a little bit after 3:00 in the afternoon.

Contractions started to pick up immediately. I was relieved that SOMETHING was going on, because up to that point, I didn't feel like anything was really happening. They continued to grow stronger and closer together and sometime after 6:00 they did another exam...I had reached 4cm and was 95% "thinned out"...I was hoping that I had dialated more than that...but it was something to hear that I had dialated at all....

A little over an hour later, and with contractions starting to feel somewhat painful, my doctor checked me one last time...5cm 100% "thinned out"....*sigh* I felt so discouraged because the contractions were so strong...I thought for sure that I would have dialated more than just 1cm through that time. I started to get that feeling of just wanting to give up (which of couse you can't! ) because I felt the pain I was in was really just getting me no where. They gave me something for nausea because I kept on feeling like I was going to throw up....it made me feel really drowsy and I started to doze off between contractions feeling defeated, exhausted, and that things weren't getting anywhere.

At 9:15ish I had this horrible contraction that shocked me quite a bit...I felt this uncontrolable need to push...I told the nurse that and she told me that "we'll wait and see what happens" and to not push. The next contraction after that was even worse...my body was literally fighting me to push while I was trying not to and I couldn't stop it from happening. The doctor came in at that point and was going to wait for me to get through the next contraction to check me...I told her to just check...heh...she comes over to me with a sort of shocked smile and says, "do I have enough time to get my other glove on?" I told her that I thought so....the next contraction I pushed...hard.....the baby was decending but you couldn't yet see it.....the last contraction.....heh...the entire baby was delivered! No time to turn on the overhead lights, no crowning....I pushed her out between those two contractions in less than 30 seconds! *gasp* Everyone was in shock, including myself....I had NO idea that was even possible to do that!

Kaitlyn Bailey Sawyer was born at 9:21 pm on Dec. 9th weighing in at 7lbs 6.8 ozs, 20 1/4 in. long. She seemed so tiny to me compared to when we had Maddy (she was just under 9 lbs and 22in long!) and it was quite a reality check. They put her directly on my belly for only a moment and then took her to get the fluid out of her lungs...she was delivered so quickly that the fluid didn't squeeze from them. It was a "wet birth" meaning one of my sacks of water had broken (that morning like I had already said) but the other hadn't....they had everything ready to break it...but didn't end up having the time with how quickly she was born. So, they spent a little bit of time making sure that the fluid was out of her lungs.

The doctor was checking me for tears and I was terrified! With how quickly she came out I was SURE that I tore horribly....heh....I had the most TINY tear that took one stitch...and she said that she didn't even really HAVE to put the stitch there...but that it would end up making me feel more comfortable.

I was able to start nursing her just after 10:00....she took to it quite well...little bit confused at first, but definitely has the hang of it now!

I couldn't be happier with the way that things turned out. I'm not even SORE from the labor! I can tell that I might have pulled some muscles in my legs..but other than that...everything is GREAT!!! I didn't have time to swell from the pushing so there's no pressure or anything down there....I'm in SHOCK with how great I feel....

I was so worried that things were going to be difficult because Maddy's delivery was tough...but it was just the opposite! I'm seriously in shock that I had a baby less than 2 days ago....I feel better than I've felt the past 10 months!!! This is such a God thing....

So that's the jist of it. I'm exhausted because she's been wanting to nurse pretty much around the clock! My milk hasn't come in yet, but she's lovin' the colostrum!
December 11th, 2008, 01:41 PM
LindensMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
aww it sounds like you had such an easy labor!! i hope mine is like that to! hehe! congratulations hun! =)

December 11th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awww that was a great story! - Thanks for sharing & congrats on your babygirl!

December 11th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great story. Thanks for sharing and congrats!!
December 11th, 2008, 02:58 PM
punktart's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, I hope my labor and delievery is that easy! Congratulations! Welcome to the world Kaitlyn.

December 11th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Bella_Luna's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay Chels I'm so happy for you!! It sounds like you had a fairly easy delivery!! Congratulations on little Kaitlyn!

December 11th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congratulations!
December 12th, 2008, 10:45 AM
MamaBx3
What a great story!!! Congrats again!
December 12th, 2008, 10:53 AM
JennyluvsDilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw, sounds like everything went very well! Congrats on your little one!

December 12th, 2008, 06:10 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great experience, congrats
December 13th, 2008, 10:32 AM
LenaandBaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LenaandBaby Send a message via Yahoo to LenaandBaby
thanks for sharing
December 13th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
Congrats! Good job Mama.

December 13th, 2008, 07:57 PM
mommy-heather's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congrats on your babygirl
June 9th, 2009, 12:09 PM
AprilJanellieBellie's Avatar Keepin Busy
My son has the same birthday. He was born @ 11:45 on December 9.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search