Jacqueline Noel

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2008, 07:48 AM
mommytutu's Avatar mom to Emma & Jacqueline
I awoke a few times on Thursday night and early Friday morning to contractions, but they weren't strong enough for me to think it was real labor. I was able to sleep through them. Around 4am I couldn't sleep through them anymore, but they were still pretty far apart, about 15-20 minutes. I decided to get in the bath tub to see if they would fizzle out from that. I got into the bath and by the time it was filled up they were coming 5 minutes apart! I got out at 4:20, woke up Shane. He told me to get out of the tub and come back to bed because it was probably false labor! The poor guy was TIRED! Instead I told him to call the midwife. At this point my contractions were hurting, but not horribly so. I figured she would be born by the afternoon. My midwife said I could head over to the birth center if I wanted to, and I agreed because I really wanted to labor in the tub some.

We got all our stuff together - I still hadn't finished packing my bags! I was having a lot of bleeding with each contraction, and I kept sitting on the toilet during contractions because it just felt better when I did.

We had to swing by Shane's grandmother's house to pick up the digital camera before we went to the birth center. We left her house at 5:40 and made it to the birth center at 6:12am. I didn't realize it at the time but I was in transition while we were in the car. I was panicking a bit, and really questioning whether I could handle several more hours of labor. When we were about five minutes from the birth center I started to feel a lot of pressure and I realized it was her head!!!! She was coming already!!! I told Shane to step on it because she was coming NOW and the poor guy nearly lost it. He almost passed the road to turn on. I had to scream at him mid-contraction to get in the turn lane! Looking back, if he had passed that road, we would have probably had Jack in the car!

We got into the birth center right as my midwife did, at 6:12am. I had one contraction as we were crossing the street and I felt her really shift down. I started speed walking to the front door through the contraction! I was NOT going to have my baby in the parking lot!

I got inside, and demanded the birth tub to be filled up! I laid down on the bed and felt a little gush of fluid. My water had broke! My midwife checked me. She didn't believe me when I told her the baby was RIGHT there! But sure enough, her head was there! She told me if I wanted to get in the tub to not push.

A minute later I started having a contraction and I shouted for the midwife, who had left the room to get some supplies - my birth kit was still in our car and the birth assistant hadn't been called because there just wasn't enough time - I shouted for her to come back because Jack was coming out and there was no stopping her! I didn't push at all, but she slipped out all on her own in one long contraction at 6:18am. The birth tub wasn't even halfway full yet.

Jack was immediately on my chest, crying a little bit but very alert. I think she was a bit stunned too! About 15 minutes later Shane cut the cord, and the placenta came shortly after that. I got a small case of the "shakes," probably because I had a huge adrenaline rush from how quickly things happened!

Jack and I got into the birth tub and took a long luxurious bath together. She was so peaceful in the water, and just loved it. It felt great! She nursed both breasts like a pro while we were in the tub too!

After we got out of the tub we weighed and measured Jack. 7 pounds even, and 21 1/2 inches long! Tall and skinny! Her head was 13 3/4 inches around too.

We stayed at the birth center for a couple more hours, and then headed home with out little princess!

I feel so blessed to have such a great birth experience. I'm so thankful that it turned out exactly how I wanted it to.

December 12th, 2008, 10:42 AM
MamaBx3
I am so happy that it went exactly as you had wanted.. what a great feeling!
Congrats again!
December 12th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you had such a good experience! Thanks for sharing.
December 12th, 2008, 05:21 PM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow Kayttie! What a wonderful experience, congratulations!

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

December 12th, 2008, 08:50 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow sounds like a great birth, congrats
December 12th, 2008, 09:48 PM
dorkymommy
Wow...good timing !! Congrats again!!!!
December 13th, 2008, 10:31 AM
LenaandBaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LenaandBaby Send a message via Yahoo to LenaandBaby
thanks for sharing
December 14th, 2008, 07:50 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow. Wish my labor would have gone that quickly!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search