We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Sorry this took so long ladies, have been a little sore and busy with a new baby
So Sunday Nov 30 I went in for my induction, they had my room ready for me, got me hooked up to moniters, listened to the baby for about 1/2 an hour, took blood (which took the nurse 3 pokes to get blood out of me) and had me get settled in my room. About an hour later the nurse came in and said that they were not going to induce me today because the birthing floor was busy and there was no room for me. So I had to stay in the hospital and nothing being done!!
Monday morning (10 am) they come in and and say they are getting the go ahead by my doctor and that they need to check me. I was soft and about 1/2 cm dialuated, but nothing big. They then inject me with prosten (sp?) and monitered me for an hour, baby was fine but no contractions, so they let me wait it out for 6 hours. 4 pm they come in and check me again, still no change, so they give me another dose of prosten. 10 pm comes and is time to be checked again, my cervix is not starting to be come irrated by the prosten so it is starting to hurt now to be checked. There is still no change!!! I am getting frustrated, and they give me another dose, they tell me they are going to let me go all night with this one so I can get a good nights sleep, and will start again in the morning.
Mom and I stay up to play cards for awhile, we play about 4 hands and my back starts hurting, so I tell her that I need to lay down for a bit. As I get up to get adjusted on the bed to lay down, I feel this big gush of fluid, mom goes and gets the nurse, she come back and checks the fluid, but there is not enough to confrim that my water broke. She tells me to call her if I get any more gushes of fluid. By this time I am wiped out and decide to go to bed. After about and hour in bed, contractions started, they were not regular but were painfull. The nurse came in and gave me something to help with the pain and monitered me for a bit. Turns out it was just false labour. By morning the contractions were gone. The doctor came in around 11 am to check me, getting really sore now, I had made progress, but not much, 1 cm and I forget how thin he said I was. He gave me another dose and let me go again for 6 hours. 5 pm came and my nurse came to tell me that my next round is going to be cervidal if nothing has changed from the last dose of prosten. Of course, I hadn't changed, did do some screaming while they were checking me though, very sore by this point.
Both mom and Scott were there with me, the nurse said it could be another 24 hours before anything happened, so I sent them home after we had some supper. I stayed up and watched TV for a bit and then I started feeling a bit of pain, thinking it was going to be the same as the night before, I just brushed the contgractions off and went to bed. But I couldn't sleep, the pain was coming quite often and more regular then the night before, so I thought I would time them, they were 4 mins apart and getting quite strong, I dealt with them for about and hour and kept timing them, by 10 pm they were 3 mins apart and had me almost in tears, the nurse came in to check on me and seen how much pain I was in, she wanted me to get checked before giving me any medication, but the Dr on staff that night was doing an emergency c-section and it would be another 1/2 or more before she was done, we waited the 1/2 hour and there was no sign of the doctor so the nurse gave me a shot, I don't remember what it was, but I was in soooo much pain by then, that it didn't even work. I am not sure how long I waited before the Doctor showed up, but I was taken right down to the delivery room after she checked me, I was 3-4 cm, which was enough for them to break my water they said. I called my mother and husband and told them what was going on, but not to bother coming down right now (it was about midnight by then).
I did end up with and epi, something I didn't not want because I was afraid of them.. but with all the pain I had been dealing with and not getting any relief I decided that I would do an epi. It didn't hurt as much as I expected it to which was good, they did hit a nerve that made my right leg jump, that felt kind of funny.. But oh boy, once that epi was in the pain was gone!!! Once they broke my water, I was able to sleep for a good 4 hours before I started feeling pressure, I thought that my epi was wearing off, so I hit the button to get more of it, but the pressure was still there. I told the nurse, she checked me and I was 7 cm, so I called my mom and Scott, around 4:30 am, and told them both to get to the hospital that it was soon time. They both got at the hospital about 5:30 and by 6 I was ready to push. 8 am came, and there was no sign of his head, they refilled my epi and let me take a break, I was beat, I did end up taking about 1/2 hour nap, but the urge to push was so strong, that I could nap for long. I pushed for another 2 hours and still nothing. I was tired, weak frustrated and ready to give up. I had been pushing for 4 hours and no progress, very discouraging. The doctor came in and told me that his head was to big for my pelvis and that they were going to have to do a c-section, by this time I was ready for anything. By 10:30 I was in the OR getting prepped, by 11:15 my baby boy was here, weighing 9lbs 3ozs and 22 inches long. He had to be put on oxygen right away, still not sure as to why, and his sugars were low. I only got to see him for a quick min before he was taken to the NICU. I didn't get to see him again till later that night. He spent 2 days in the NICU, he had issues with feeding, sugars and jaundice, which are all fine now. Altogether, I spent 7 days in the hospital, just to end up to have a c-section, which upset me, the Doctors should have known before hand that he would not fit thrugh my pelvis. BUt I am not going to dwell on that, I have my baby boy here with me and that is all that matters!!!
Bu there is my story, sorry it is so long, and thanks for reading. I will post pics of my little man when I get some more free time!!
Thank You Julka for my Amazing Siggy!!!