Max Adrian

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2008, 05:02 AM
LucyRuth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was having pains on and off from Friday 21st, well Sunday was a little worse and so Emma stayed at my mums. I woke in the night and realised they were every 2 minutes, panicked and headed to the hospital to be told I was 2cm and they needed to be stronger and last longer. We decided to come home and chill out a bit. Got home and they slowed down to every 5 mins and lasting longer. They gradually got worse and I decided we needed to go back at around half 6. When we got there the midwife was great said she was getting the pool ready and that she was going off shift and another midwife was coming. In comes new midwife, she checks me and stretched me through a contraction while she was looking at a chart to see how dilated I was, it was agony and obvious she was new! She leaves the room then comes back in and says 'Oh the other midwife said your blood pressure was a little high so i'll check it again because if it is you can't go in the pool'. She gives me the gas and air at 7am (finally!) and leaves and I tell Dale to get me a new midwife lol, she came back in at 7:15am and did my blood pressure wrong and told me it was 120/88 (too high apparently!) and leaves saying I can't go in the pool. At this point I was getting high as a kite on the gas and air and telling Dale it was ace and he should try some, lol then telling him the midwife was ###### and I was going to ask for a second opinion! I joked that at this time (5cm) with Emma I was out of it and in agony and still had 3 hours to go! I said (joking) that he would be born by 9am, Dale said 11am. This goes on for another half an hour and at 8am the contractions started getting really painful and I felt like I needed the loo and had a lot of pressure. The midwife came in at 8:15am to do my blood pressure again and I shoved her out the way took my trousers off and told her I needed the loo (meaning I needed to push) and climbed onto the bed on my knees leaning over the top and started pushing with the contractions. She kept telling me to turn around so she could examine me and I screamed at her 'no no no' (because I didn't want to deliver on my back!) and kept on pushing, so she just said to me 'do what you need to do' and left me to it, 3 easy pushes and 10 minutes later Max's head was born, he was still in his waters and his cord was around his neck, so she broke them and with another push my son was born and I lifted him up saying 'my baby' and then 'he looks just like Emma!' The midwife cut the cord and took him off me to turn me over to deliver the placenta and immediately I look my top off (I was still dressed in my WHITE bra and top!) and asked for him back for a cuddle, there was blood and guts (lol) splattered ALL over the room! It looked like a murder scene! She hurt me SO bad checking for tears and found a small skin tear that she said didn't require any stitches. I was just amazed!!! It was better than I ever could have asked for! His apgar scores were 9 at 1min and 9 at 5min.

Max Adrian W*******

24th November 2008

9lb 2.5oz

55.5cm long

33cm head
December 18th, 2008, 10:47 AM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
congrats. how cool that the fluid was still in tact....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search