..:: HaYdOn MiChAeL ::..

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2008, 08:33 AM
.t.e.r.r.a.'s Avatar Proud to be a WAHM
I was in labor for 12 hours. It was 9:30 pm on Dec. 17th when we were finishing watching the movie "Get Smart". I remember feeling my tummy down by my hips because it felt kinda hard and uncomfortable, all the sudden I heard a POP! I didn't know it was my water breaking at first, but I thought it was kinda strange because I did not feel any bones cracking. I decided to get up and go to the bathroom and when I stood up there was a small warm gush, it kinda felt like I had just gotten my period. When I got to the bathroom and pulled my pants down, my undies were pretty soaked! I knew it was my water that had broken then, and when I sat down on the toilet it just came gushing out! I tried to dry myself up as good as I could, and walked out to the living room where my fiance' was sitting. I looked at him and said, "I'm pretty sure my water just broke!" He jumped up like there was no tomarrow, and called L&D, and started grabbing the things we needed. We immediatley headed to L&D, I was not going to take my time, knowing that my mom had VERY short labors with both me and my sis. I didn't leak in the car, but as soon as I got out in the parking lot at the hospital it was like the flood gates had opened, and it would not stop flowing all the way to L&D! When we got there the nurse checked me and I was at 5 cm dilated. My family were there within 5 minutes... and my grandma shortly after that! I started getting painful contractions about 2 hours after my water broke (about midnight), and they gradually got stronger and stronger. By 3:00 am, the contractions were almost unbearable so the nurse checked me and I was at a 6 and almost 100% effaced... this is when I asked for the epidural. They put the epidural in, which was painless, and I am so glad that I asked for it when I did because the last contraction that I could feel was INTENSE! After the epidural kicked in we hit the lights and tried to get some rest before the real action began. I didn't really sleep though because I was SO nervous and excited at the same time. I was shaking so badly throughout my labor I'm surprised the bed didn't shake it's way across the room! LOL! At about 7 am, my doctor came in and checked me... I was sure he was going to say I was at 7 cm, but to my surprise he said, "Well she's fully dilated, I think we can start getting ready to push!" When I heard those words my heart just started beating so fast! He said to wait until 8 am to start pushing to let the babies head descend a little bit more... by 8 am, I could feel some pressure down there, and felt ready to push! My epidural had worn off by the time I started pushing, so I felt EVERYTHING! I call it the "ring of fire"! As painful as it was I am kinda glad it wore off, because I know it made my pushing SO much more effective. I pushed for about an hour... it was the most amazing experience of my life seeing Haydon come out! As soon as his body came out I reached forward and grabbed him, and I said, "Hey Haydon, it's me!" and he immediately stopped crying, looked right at me, and curled his little hand around my index finger! While this was going on, Steve (daddy) was cutting the cord... Soon after that they whisked him away to be weighed and measured. He was 7 lbs 6oz. and measured 19 and 1/4 inches long! Just as perfect as can be! I still am so amazed that my body went through all that, and every time I look at Haydon I just can't believe how incredible he is! I can't imagine life without him already!

Haydon Michael
Born Dec. 18th at 9:14 am.
Weighing 7 lbs. 6 oz.
Measuring 19 and 1/4 inches long
December 22nd, 2008, 08:47 AM
ally&bub's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ooh I've gone all teary reading that - especially the part where you picked him up and said hey! Congratulations again and well done, he is such a cutie!
December 22nd, 2008, 04:30 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great story. Thanks for sharing.

December 22nd, 2008, 06:29 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you had a good experience
December 22nd, 2008, 07:07 PM
anjelt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww, Terra you made me cry, I can so see you , Hey Haydon it's me!! and then he wrapped you right around his little finger!!!

Welcome to the world Haydon. Baby and I will stop by as soon as baby gets here!!
December 22nd, 2008, 08:10 PM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
congrats
December 23rd, 2008, 08:45 PM
LenaandBaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LenaandBaby Send a message via Yahoo to LenaandBaby
thanks for sharing
December 24th, 2008, 09:17 AM
ComfortMarie's Avatar Regular
Congratulations, he is beautiful!
Hoping for number 3 in 2010.</span>
December 24th, 2008, 12:22 PM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww, that's a beautiful story! I love how you reached down for him That's so adorable. Congratulations!

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

December 30th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Jade1026's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! I'm just peeking at the birth stories and yours brought tears to my eyes... such a beautiful image with the greeting and him wrapping his hand around your finger

January 26th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Super Mommy
Congrats!

January 29th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww thanks for sharing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search