Linden Michael James - VERY LONG!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2008, 03:10 PM
LindensMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
On the 23rd, my doctor told me I was being induced right away, possibly that night or on Christmas Eve. I woke up at 6:30 on Christmas Eve and called maternity. They told me to wait another hour and when I called at 7:30, I was told to come in. Chilliwack is having the biggest snowstorm in years so it took awhile to get to the hospital!

We arrived at the hospital around 8 pm, and my doctor was there at 8:30.I was hooked up to the antibiotics and a saline drip. The IV scared me more than anything but I made it through and it really didn't hurt that bad! The doctor inserted a gel at 9:00 and was going to wait for the contractions to
begin and if nothing happened to insert another gel in 6 hours. I started getting contractions that weren't that painful, nothing more than a usual period cramp. I had to stay laying down for an hour so the gel didn't fall out and I kept moving around because the gel made a lot of pressure on my bladder. After the hour, I was allowed to go to the bathroom but the bathroom in my room was to small so I couldn't fit the IV pole in. I was determined to find another bathroom that was bigger. There was one, at the end of the hall, so everytime I had to use the bathroom we would walk to the end of the hall.

Daddy was really tired at the beginning, so grandma was there to help me through the contractions while daddy got some rest because he would be up for a while! We didn't know that Linden was going to be stubborn and take 18 hours to actually come out!

So the doctor came back around 2:30 and inserted another gel. I was dilated to about 4 cm before the second gel. That started bringing more contractions on, that were getting more closer together and a little bit more intense. but nothing too painful again.

I walked down to the bathroom and had a bit of a bowel movement. Right before I stood up, I heard a pop and I was like okay..... As I stood up, this cold fluid started flowing everywhere and I burst out laughing. lol! i had to walk to the end of the hall while I was dripping water. I had a bit of the mucus plug and it really did look like a huge glob of snot - gross!

It had to be another 6 hours before another gel insert or pitocin. So around 8:12, the doctor came back and said I was dilated to about a 5 and they were going to start the pitocin at 9 pm. I was allowed to jump in the shower before which was sooo amazing! I wish I used the shower more. I was having a lot of pain in my back and in my thighs.

I was started on pitocin, and then just had some contractions that I breathed and held daddy and grandmas hand through. I was so proud of Daddy, he was doing so well! I had one contraction at around 11 or 12 that scared me, so I used the laughing gas. I didn't like the way it made me feel afterwards though so I stopped and I got a little upset at first that I used laughing gas because I really wanted to go natural. Daddy kept insuring me that I was still doing it natural, that he was so proud of me for being so strong and a fighter during the contractions!

At around 12:30 in the morning on Christmas Day, I started feeling the urge to push. The doctor checked me and he could feel another bag of membranes so he had to break that. Very soon after that, I was having a lot of pressure and It felt like I had to go to the bathroom and my body was pushing for me. The nurses kept telling me not to push and I was getting really mad at them for telling me not to push! I wasn't able to control it. I wasn't pushing anymore then my body was trying to. At 1, the nurse checked me and said I could start pushing. The doctor showed up and got his gown on.

I really didn't like pushing in the stirrups, it was pretty uncomfortable. I had to push for 10 seconds, breathe in and push again about 3 times. It was getting hard to breathe in after the pushes and it felt like my head was going to explode with the pushes. Everyone kept telling me I was doing such a good job.

His head kept going in and out but I was finally at a +2 and it started getting easier from there. The doctor was stretching my perineum so I wouldn't tear too bad and I kept getting urges to push while he was doing that. He asked if I wanted a mirror to see the babys head because I said I wanted to see before but I was pretty scared that I was tearing so I didn't want to see. But I touched his head and then I just wanted him out soo bad because it was burning.

I started an "Ow Ow Ow" chant while screaming. I pushed three times and I could feel his head right on my perineum. I took a deep breathe, and started screaming "Get her out!!!!!!" in two pushes I could feel the baby just come out.

Daddy looked down and burst out in tears, then I hear the doctor laugh and say "ITS A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" And I burst out in tears and started laughing saying I'm never trusting an ultrasound again! I started crying so much while watching Daddy's reaction, then when I first held Linden for the first time. I said "Omg you are so beautiful, I love you"

The doctor told me to push for the placenta and I was just like "Whatt I thought I was done pushing?!" So he pushed on my stomach a little bit, and asked me to push a little bit. Just one little push and the placenta was out. Daddy got to cut the cord. Then while I was getting some stiches, I held Linden and tried breastfeeding. He latched on for about 5 minutes.

Linden weighed 7 lbs 2 oz, 35.5 cm long - 21 inches and had a head size of 33.5.... He's absolutely perfect, and our little miracle. I couldn't be more proud of Daddy! He was so attentive and didn't leave my side during the labor and even now at home!

December 27th, 2008, 03:25 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Way to go all natural, and with pitocin! proud of you and congrats on your surprise he he.
December 27th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
congrats on your baby boy! i still cant believe the shock of a boy!!! way to go natural!
December 27th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations Des! you did a great job!
December 27th, 2008, 06:31 PM
littlebabydolly
What a great surprise! Cant wait to see pictures!
December 27th, 2008, 09:44 PM
amber1214's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats again Des!! cant wait to see more pics!!
December 27th, 2008, 10:04 PM
dorkymommy
Just wow...I still can't believe what a surprise you received!!! Sounds like Gord was pretty awesome through the whole thing...and great job going without pain meds....I'm proud of you!
December 27th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You rock! I am so glad Daddy stepped up and was who you needed him to be. I LOVE Linden's name Congrats again

December 27th, 2008, 11:00 PM
oh he's been so amazing! he definitely stepped up - not sure if it's the baby or the fact that its' a boy lol. He let me rest last night when Linden wasn't sleeping and then once I was a little bit more awake, I let him get some sleep. When I was crying last night because of not wanting to do, he stayed calm so I didn't freak out. we got the purple crying movie from the hospital so we re-watched it today, he put it on and everything and reassured me its normal =)

December 27th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations Desi! Quite a surprise you got but he is beautiful and you did great!

December 29th, 2008, 11:14 AM
BellaBellski's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So Proud of you hun, you're amazing! *hugs*

Proud Mommy to Mattea Lilian born February 21st 2007 - 7lbs 14oz &
Owen Markus James born October 21st 2009 - 10lbs
Forever loving & Missing ~Damian~ born into heaven August 13th 2008
December 29th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
You did great! I'm proud of you! Congratulations! I was suprised when I read it's a boy.

January 2nd, 2009, 12:34 PM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats girlie!!!! Great story!!

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

January 5th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good job mama!

This has probably been asked before but I couldn't find the answer. When did you have the gender scan and how many scans did you get during your pregnancy? It just amazes me with all this technology that they were so wrong. And to think that she was really a he! What a real shocker.

January 5th, 2009, 03:12 PM
I was 18 and 20 weeks. I had two ultrasounds done, both which I saw the butt and the legs open and there was no penis!! I guess it was tucked? I know all of your guys ultrasounds who were having boys, you could see it soo clearly! I have no idea why the tech couldn't see his on the ultrasound!

January 9th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, 2 u/s that were both wrong!! That is amazing. I had so many u/s that I figured they couldn't be wrong every time...lol

So does he have a whole bunch of pink stuff?? Did anyone help you to get blue instead? If hannah would have turned out to be a boy we would have been in trouble. Pink room, pink clothes, pink bouncer and so on.

January 26th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Super Mommy
Congrats!

January 29th, 2009, 05:10 PM
oh ya i havnt had to go shopping for boy clothes lol

no boy bedding tho but the travel system was gender neutral so i could use it again

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search