Maxton James Ralph (long)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had been having pains for a while and had been told I was in early labour everyone kept saying I would have him on the 4 year olds birthday but I just laughed at them, anyways all through the night I kept feeling little gushes but just thought I was imagining things as nothing was on my pad, anyways at 5.30am I got up for my usual morning pee and as I just stepped back onto the bed my water broke all over my brand new 3grand bed and of course I hadn't put the protective sheet on so I was freaking out trying to stop it like shutting my legs was going to stop it coming out, it was pouring and pouring, I have never seen so much water in my life, I went in the shower having a panic attack as he shouldn't be coming now and it was the 4 year olds birthday and so I felt sad for her it is her day and he was to early etc etc.

I told hubby I wasn't getting any pains yet so had enough time to get in the shower but that we had 20mins max to get to the hospitalk otherwise we would be doing the whole firemen and ambulance again which I didn't want, everyone was running round getting my stuff ready and wiping the bed up the mattress is white and velvet type, hubby just stood there stunned as with the others he wasn't there when my waters broke and now we were in a rush.

Anyways we knew we had to beat rush hour also which was about to start as the hospital is a 20min drive with no traffic on the rd, hubby doesn't drive so he thought he could handle it but started feeling uncomfy with so I took over there I was waddling round the car with a huge towel between mylegs as the water wouldn't stop pouring out, anyways I sped the whole way there and the pains held off till nearly there then were easy to handle, we got there and basically they sent me to labour as the pains were getting pretty bad and with my history of 2 hour labour they didn't want me doing it in early labour and assesment.

They took me into the same room the 4 year old was born in which was funny and then the gas wasn't working and I was in agony got that working after my husband messed with it and the pains were so bad and I was only 5cm I was like that for a while and was seriously thinking of having a epidural, I kept wanting to push and the nurse kept saying not yet you aren't ready baby is very low and he is right there but you aren't ready, it was awful the pain and the pressure it was the worse labour out of all my kids all in my back and my back end, they called my dr and she said she would be in soon all this time I kept saying I wanted to push and couldn't stop it, they finally said I was 9.5cm so I said I am pushing and I don't care what you say so they called the team in with him being preemie etc so I got pushing his head came out but then his shoulders got stuck as he is built like hubby so he was wedged in so they had to wiggle him out, and they said he was face up which also caused the pains lol anyways out he came and I said thank god for that and then said is it still a boy lol, no stitches and my dr told me later that they called her and said I was 5cm and she was like oh ages to go then thought no it is Camille maybe I should go in and 14mins later they called her back and said he was born so in that 14mins I had gone from 5cm to him being born it was 8.06am so just over 2 hours. They tried for ages to get the IV in for the medicine for the strep B and 3 people had a go at it and they finally had to get the dr in my hubb y said he poek and poked at me and blood was running down my hands etc,he said I didn't care I was to out of it on the gas but later I counted 14 holes where they had tried and I was bruised.

Hubby said the NICU team came in for Max and then they called a 2nd team for me, he was ok he scored 9 on his apgar score but with him being 34 weeks they would of took him to NICU anyways but then he started grunting so they said his lungs needed some help and so I only got to hold him for a min or so and didn't get to nurse him. They kept going on about how he was such a good size for being 6 weeks early and his cord was so fat they couldn't cut it they had to go and get soemnthing else to cut it with lol.

So I have to say it was my hardest labour yet and he was my second biggest.

Thanks Claire1979 for the siggy

December 30th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to sirvingmaicie
WOW! that is a fast! story! glad everything went ok!
Congrats!

December 31st, 2008, 12:37 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

January 1st, 2009, 07:38 AM
LenaandBaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LenaandBaby Send a message via Yahoo to LenaandBaby
congrats, TFS!
January 4th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! thanks for sharing.
January 26th, 2009, 12:37 AM