Lillianne Shayne

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2009, 02:27 PM
Mistyx6's Avatar Mommy of 6
Send a message via MSN to Mistyx6
Lillianne Shayne
12-07-08
5lbs 5 oz.
18in
3:24 PM

Friday night the hospital called to preregister me and they told me they could call as early as 5:30am. So I took a shower that night and tried to sleep but couldnt because I was so excited to finally see who was kicking me all these months. I finally fell asleep around 1am I of course woke up every hour after. I woke up at like 5:15 hopimg they would call right at 5:30 but they called at 6 and told me to get breakfast and be there by 7:30. I got there a little after 7. They hooked me all up I got in my gown and they started the pitocin around 8 am. They also started me on an Antibiotic for GBS I was allergic to it made my head all itchy and felt like it was swollen. The contractions started around 9:30 not too painful at all they checked me I was only 2cm dialated and the bag was too high up to brake so they decided to wait. Still on Pitocin they checked me around 5pm and I was still the same so they said if after 6 im still the same they will start me on cidateck (SP?) so 6 came around I was hoping to be more dialated but nope still the same. So they told me to get something to eat because after I wouldnt be able to eat. So around 8pm they started the Cidatek and I was to keep it in my cheek for about an hour and they couldnt give me another dose for 3 hours after the first. So no contractions once they stopped the pitocin. I got another dose around 11:30 and still no contractions. they gave me another dose around 3am and I started having some contractions but nothing too bad. So at 7am they came in to check me and finally things were starting to change I was now 2 1/2 almost 3cm so they started me back on pitocin. The contractions started again about 8 and now they were getting more painful so they gave me a shot of fetanyl it worked great. I needed to get out of that bed so they hooked me up to the monitors that I could walk around with. And boy did that help the contractions were getting stronger. About 11am my dr came in and checked me I was fully 3cm and she could feel the bag of waters so they broke my water and holy hell did that hurt I got the Epi about an hour later at 12 so they let me rest and at 1:30 to check me again and now Im 4cm so they said ok we'll check in another hour. Well 3 came and I had this big urge to push so she came in and i was fully Dialated. So Because Lilli had fluid around her heart they thought it was safer for me to deliver in the OR so they could just hand NICU my baby rather than push her down the hall. So Shane got to wear the full scrubs. He was so cute in them. And they wheeled me to the OR and as soon as she told me to push Lilli was out. they placed her on my belly and let me look at her for a second and they handed her to the NICU team. Not 5 minutes later they handed her back and said she looks great her APGARS were 8 and 9 but want to observe her for awhile. So i got to look at her and hold her then I handed her back and was taken back to my room. My mom did not believe I just had her because I was back in my room before 4. at around 4:30 they brought her back to me and she was so hungry and alert so I started to breastfeed her and she latched right away it was the most precious thing in the world. She ate for a long time before everyone wanted to hold her. I was being a hog I just wanted my baby. Daisy came back about an hour later and she screamed she is here she is here it was so cute to see her with her sister.

January 1st, 2009, 05:21 PM
LenaandBaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LenaandBaby Send a message via Yahoo to LenaandBaby
aww, love the part about Daisy! TFS
January 4th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats thanks for sharing!
January 26th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Super Mommy
Congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: