Kenna Cole

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2009, 09:55 AM
anjelt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tuesday we were spose to go to the hospital at 7:30 am, we got everything ready, as neither one of us could sleep. At 6:30 we left the house, two block from our house we got a call from the midwife telling us that they were really busy last night and had to push my induction back to around 11:30. Rob said I am starving so we went to eat about 10 minutes away. As we were eating we got another call and they told us to come in. So we finished eating and got to the hospital around 7:45.

At 9:20am they started the cidatech. I felt a little cramping but nothing spectacular. At 12:20 they did another round of cidatech, and I really started cramping. I was getting pain in my back but nothing I couldn't handle for now. Around 3 they came in to check my cervix I was dialated to 3 with a bulging bag of water. They then started the penicillan for the GBS, right after that I got Nubane, I almost immediately fell asleep.

After I woke up from the Nubane, I asked for the epidural, because the pain in my back was becoming unbearable, my contractions were 2 minutes apart. My midwife came back in before the epidural was put in and checked my cervix again, and I was still at a 3, the second she pulled her hand out my water broke.

The anesthesiologist came in and explained what the epidural was and how it worked. I had to sit on the edge of the bed, and sit still. Kinda hard to do when your having contractions in your back and you have water leaking out of you that you can't control. I just kept saying, "Here comes some more." I had everyone laughing in the room. He had to poke three different holes in my back to get the thing through the vertebrae. I had water leaking all over the floor. I couldn't stop laughing. Once the epi kicked in, I was good to go.

At this point my contractions started to slow down, they were now 8 minutes apart so they started the pitocin, thats when her heartbeat started to drop after every contraction, so they gave me oxygen, shewasn't getting enough from the placenta. Since her heartbeat was dropping after every contratction, and they weren't the strong contractions. Thats when they decided to do the c-section.

At 11pm they called the dr and by 11:30 we were in surgery. Kenna Cole was born at 11:38.
January 6th, 2009, 01:55 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

January 6th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing!

Ethan 13
Madison 11
Harrison 8
Christian 7
Bub due June 2017
January 7th, 2009, 08:50 PM
heatherbelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yayyyy! Her name is KINDA the opposite of Collin's...Collin Kenneth. Kinda.

Congratulations, she's just adorable!

~*thank you Alex Aiden Mommy for my siggy!*~

January 12th, 2009, 02:52 PM
LenaandBaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LenaandBaby Send a message via Yahoo to LenaandBaby
^^that's cool!

Congrats, thanks for sharing

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search